Space Race #1 [Completed - Nov '21]

1. Space name / team name: 0x Society

2. Name of primary contact: Yannick Folla AKA Bur0x

3. Names of additional Space admins: Alexy Préfontaine AKA Aeforia, Alycia Rainaud AKA Maalavidaa

4. SuperRare username(s) of everyone who will be a Space admin: @bur0x_vault, @aeforia, @maalavidaa

5. Short bio of you and/or your team: 0x Society is a Canadian non profit organization founded in May 2021 dedicated to enabling the digital art renaissance by promoting, diffusing and supporting the crypto art movement.

We opened the first NFT gallery in Canada in June 2021, offering not only highly curated in-person and virtual exhibitions, but also thorough educational content with 0x Academy and generous grant programs for artists. Our physical space is located in the heart of Montreal at the New City Gas. The area attracts a lot of art enthusiasts and can host up to 4000 people upstairs, something we are hoping to take advantage of once COVID-19 measures have decreased.

We curate a new themed exhibition every two months with artists from SuperRare and are currently in our second exhibition, showcasing Canadian talent. Our third exhibition will start in early November and will be about how technology is slowly merging with humans. Each exhibition is presented in person at our gallery and on Spatial in our virtual gallery.

Yannick, (Bur0x), started collecting crypto art in February 2021 and by April, he had built one of the top 60 collections of all-time by total purchases on SuperRare. He co-founded 0x Society and he’s in charge of development and collaborations for the organization.

Bianca studied intellectual property law and wrote a thesis on using blockchain to authenticate art. She co-founded 0x Society and is in charge of overseeing daily operations, curation and organizing events.

Alycia, (Maalavidaa), is a French Graphic Designer and Digital Artist based in Montréal, Canada and the founder of Heal the Deal. She is a creative advisor for 0x Society and helps to coordinate branding, communication and marketing operations. She is also a mentor for our grants program.

Alexy, (Aeforia), is a 3D artist from Montreal, Canada. He is a creative advisor for 0x Society and helps to coordinate branding, communication and marketing operations. She is also a mentor for our grants program.

6. Website & Social Media Links:

Spatial Gallery: https://app.spatial.io/rooms/60c4e9fb6c51d5094899b6a9share=8452431153236275342
Twitter: https://twitter.com/0x_society
Instagram: Login • Instagram
Facebook: Redirecting...

7. Summary/manifesto of your Space. What is the unique value prop / elevator pitch? What type of art will you focus on? How will your Space stand out among the crowd?

0x Society will bridge the physical and digital worlds with the synergy between 0x Society Space and 0x Society’s gallery located in Montreal, Canada. 0x Society’s Space will follow the themes of our curated exhibitions regarding the selection of new artists and artworks so that our curatorial work can expand to the digital world.

Our physical exhibitions are based on a unique theme, last 2 months and showcase 12 artworks specifically created for the exhibition by 12 different artists. For example, our previous exhibitions’ themes have included “Solstice: celebrating life resuming its course, along with the bloom of summer” and “Cote 2 Coast: showcasing Canadian talent in crypto art, from coast to coast”. With the 0x Society Space, we would be able to support even more Canadian and international artists in their journey by removing our current limit of 12 artists per exhibition.

The genesis works accepted on 0x Society Space will thus follow the theme of the ongoing physical exhibition. Collectors will be able to dive deep into a given artistic theme for 2 months, creating an even deeper curated experience. One exhibition might focus on cyberpunk artworks while the next will explore the world of video game concept artists, another will promote some of the top talents in generative art while a fourth might focus on abstract painters making their way into CryptoArt.

Every new exhibition will bring entirely new styles and experiences for collectors where they will be able to discover various categories of CryptoArt from vastly different artists. We will also allow previously onboarded artists to explore more styles and themes to bring diversity to the Space during exhibitions so collectors always have artworks they can connect with. Onboarded artists will also be prioritized to be part of our physical exhibitions, adding value to the 0x Society Space curation process.

8. Describe you/your team’s experience curating and promoting artwork:

Yannick(Bur0x) and Bianca have built one of the top art collections in the space and are acting as principal curators of 0x Society.

Alycia (Maalavidaa) has sold 11 artworks on SuperRare to date, for an average price of 8ETH and has consistently sold out all her minted artworks. She is also a curator for 888 The New World where she helps in curating artworks made by women.

Alexy (Aeforia) has sold 10 artworks on SuperRare for an average price of 9ETH and has consistently sold out all his minted artworks.

Combined, they have close to 400k followers on social media platforms and have consistently worked for the promotion of crypto art. 0x Society also has a dedicated marketing and communication team that creates content on a daily basis to promote the work of its artists and to educate the community.

9. Describe you/your team’s experience organizing exhibitions, making art sales, running auctions, networking with collectors, etc.

Up to now, 0x Society has curated two NFT exhibitions in its physical and digital spaces.

Our first exhibition, “Solstice”, launched on June 21st. It included some of the top crypto artists in the industry, such as Annibale Siconolfi, Raphael Lacoste, Melissa Mathieson, Clement Morin, Sean Mundy, Kristian Levin, Daniel Taylor, Smeccea, Cath Simard, Parrot, Josh Pierce, and Blake Kathryn. Nine out of twelve artworks created for the exhibition have been sold to date.

Our current exhibition, “Côte 2 Coast”, launched on August 25th and includes twelve of the top Canadian crypto artists: Aeforia, Tim Riopelle, Vini Naso, Maalavidaa, Jonathan Wolfe, Callen Schaub, Cath Simard, Michael Sidofsky, Ryan Koopmans, Ayla El-Moussa, Donglu, and Niko_4969. 10 out of 12 artworks created for the exhibition have been sold to date, including 8 within the first 3 days.

The physical gallery currently 1,000 visitors on average per week, including some of the biggest NFT and contemporary art collectors in canada. We have hosted exhibition launch events in our virtual gallery on Spatial.io and in our physical space, gathering hundreds of NFT enthusiasts. We created 0x Society as a way to onboard the next 100,000 collectors and artists to this space and so far we have executed on this vision.

Between 0x Society and its team, we have shown a strong ability to build a network and a community within the space, as well as executing exhibitions, running sales, and networking with collectors and artists.

10. Are there new artists you’d like to bring into the Space in the first six months? What is your relationship to them?

0x Society’s main mission is to help onboard the next 100,000 artists into the NFT industry.

One of our initiatives, 0x Grants program, just launched on October 4th. We have selected 12 promising Canadian artists (digitally native or not) who will follow 8 weeks of workshops on different topics related to crypto art and the industry. The goal is to help them create an NFT and mostly to help them market themselves. To do this, we have matched each artist with a mentor (artists and collectors) in order to help them get personalized advice leading up to the minting of their NFT and the exhibition we will host at our gallery in December. To make the experience seamless for them, we are offering each of them an invite on Foundation and we will also be paying all of their minting and listing fees.

Having a SuperRare Space, we could create an edition for artists who are already on Foundation or other platforms and guide them in becoming SuperRare artists. Each 0x Grants cohort could lead to an invitation on SuperRare, which would help us to grow the talent spectrum on SuperRare, but also on our platform.

11. Are there any artists already in the CryptoArt space that you are planning to work with for this Space? Have they committed to participating yet?

Our goal is to become the main home for all artists who go through 0x Society’s exhibitions, but also to become the on-ramp to CryptoArt for new talents making their way into the space through our grants program or via application.

To start, we will onboard all artists that have gone through our exhibitions to date:

Annibale Siconolfi, Raphael Lacoste, Melissa Mathieson, Clement Morin, Sean Mundy, Kristian Levin, Daniel Taylor, Smeccea, Cath Simard, Parrot, Josh Pierce, Blake Kathryn, Aeforia, Tim Riopelle, Vini Naso, Maalavidaa, Jonathan Wolfe, Callen Schaub, Michael Sidofsky, Ryan Koopmans, Ayla El-Moussa, Donglu, and Niko_4969.

As well as those that will be participating in our next exhibition:

Xsullo, Alan Bolton, Ryan Talbot, RWR2, Adam Priester, Maskarade, Gryun Kim, NessGraphics, Caskall, Trs.mnz, BakaArts, Dominik Guembel.

Our upcoming grants program will be composed of 12 rising Canadian artists who will also be given a chance to apply. This should create a healthy pool of talent to seed the 0x Society Space and attract more talent over time.

12. Please provide any additional details you can about how you plan to operate this Space; e.g. cadence of exhibitions, auction strategy, number of artworks, other ideas for promoting your art and artists, etc.

New themes and exhibitions will launch every 2 months. Selected artists will be able to mint their genesis under the current theme and will be able to follow their own cadence thereafter. We will cap genesis mints at 5 per week to maximize the focus on new artists in the 0x Society Space.

Additionally, artists will be able to choose their own auction strategy (reserve, no set price, set price will all be accepted).

To maximize engagement within the 0x Society Space, and the involvement of our artists and community, we are planning on decentralizing 0x Society and launching a DAO where token holders will be able to participate in the curation process and the use of our treasury. This will allow the community to build new programs to onboard or promote artists. Our goal is also to grow the 0x Society brand globally and to do so, we collectors and artists will unite to open their own 0x Society physical galleries in other cities as part of our DAO.

13. How do you plan to structure commission rates for the artists who release in your Space?

We are planning on following the current structure of 15% commission, including SuperRare’s cut. This will be used to support the operations of our physical gallery, grow the curation and marketing team for the space, and expand the 0x Grants program.

As a non-profit organization operating in a large physical space in downtown Montreal with 4 employees on staff, we have substantial costs that need to be covered via the sales made under the 0x Society brand. No admin will take a salary for the foreseeable future as we focus the use of our resources on expanding the offering for artists and collectors.

Artists that have been part of our exhibitions have found this fee to be fair as it allows many more people to discover CryptoArt and learn about the artists’ stories.

14. To you, what is the importance of NFTs as a medium/technology? Where do you see the NFT and CryptoArt space in five years?

We believe the CryptoArt space is bound to overtake the physical art market cap and annual trading volume in 5 years because of its inherently digital killer features:

1. CryptoArt splits the ability to own and the ability to enjoy an artwork, creating a strong flywheel where the more people see, share, and enjoy an artwork, the more the original becomes valuable and desired.

2. CryptoArt offers much more liquidity and hence capital velocity as early successful bets in an artist that turn into a good profit can be reinvested quickly in the space.

3. CryptoArt requires no restoration or storage costs, allowing everyone to enjoy the artwork as it was meant to be enjoyed, while the NFT is kept safe.

4. CryptoArt is much more accessible as you can have a single frame with a complete collection, and the multi-sensory experience offered by the medium makes for a great gateway into art for new generations.

NFTs were the missing catalyst for the emancipation of digital art as a dominant artistic medium.

15. If your Space were a cocktail or a dish, what would it be and why?

If 0x Society’s was a dish, it would probably be an “Omakase”. Omakase is a Japanese phrase normally used in sushi restaurants, which means “I’ll leave it up to you”. It literally means you leave it up to the chef to create a once in a lifetime experience by selecting the perfect seasonal specialties, innovative ingredients and impressing precision. It is often referred to as an artistic experience.

0x Society, in a way, aims to present something new to people with each exhibition. NFTs are still in their early phase and sometimes, people don’t even know what they’re looking for. This industry can be quite overwhelming for someone new. But at 0x Society, artists and collectors can leave it up to us to present them with a one of a kind and memorable experience that will “wow” them every single time. We also want to become the gateway to art for people who didn’t even know they could like digital art, and we think that in order to do so, we must present them with the most curated and thought-of works.

16. Anything else you’d like the community to consider?

Our goal is to decentralize 0x Society’s ownership and to grow its brand and impact globally. To do so, we’re looking to launch a DAO in Q4 or Q1 that would play a role in the curation of the 0x Society Space, the 0x Society physical exhibitions, but also manage the treasury to fund more artist-focused initiatives.

If we move forward with the project, part of the token distribution will be based on the votes obtained during the Space Race, meaning believers in the 0x Society Space will automatically become members of its DAO and future growth. Voting for the 0x Society Space is a great way to get even more exposure to the CryptoArt ecosystem.

7 Likes

Awesome! Love this one.

Thanks for the support!

New French Touch
SuperRare Space

The NFT French scene is currently emerging and the New French Touch Space team is part of many ongoing projects involving French artists and institutional players.

We feel this is the right time, with the launch of New French Touch, to give shape to the emerging French Cryptoart scene and a unique opportunity for SuperRare to take the lead in this territory and extend its global footprint.

This is also a critical turn for historic cryptoart actors like SuperRare to keep momentum and maintain their lead while prestigious, deep pocket, well established traditional art players are still trying to figure out how to catch up and invest the space, capitalizing on their physical territorial presence and IRL network.

New French Touch also has the ambition to set standards for future territorial SuperRare Spaces and will be happy to share experiences with future Space candidates.

2 Likes

Yes! M○C△!!! Lets go!!!

1 Like

This is the abridged version of the Superniftyfan application for a SuperRare Space for easier reading by the voters. You can read the full unabridged version on our blog post.

1. Space name / team name:

Superniftyfan

2. Name of primary contact:

Chikai Ohazama

3. Names of additional Space admins:

None. It’s just me.

4. SuperRare username(s) of everyone who will be a Space admin:

chikai

5. Short bio of you and/or your team:

My name is Chikai Ohazama. I was one of the co-creators of Google Earth and this year I dove head first into NFTs. I started by buying one NFT and then another and another. And with each purchase, I started to uncover one of the most incredible communities I have ever seen in my life. As most of you know, NFTs warps your sense of time and so before I knew it, I was a collector.

It seems like such a lofty title to be a “collector”, but that’s what I’ve become in this crazy new world of NFTs. I personally see myself as just a fan. A fan of art. A fan of artists. A fan who can’t believe he gets to hang out with all the cool art kids. And that’s it. That’s the core of why I’m here, I love the art. I love the artists.

And when you love something, you want to find ways to care for it and you want to help it succeed. So I took the skills I developed building and scaling Google Earth and put them to work. I built Superniftyfan, which began as a tool to help me organize the NFTs I wanted to buy and it has grown into a platform and a brand that I am using to help bring more visibility to more artists. It now includes a merchandise store, rankings for upcoming categories (i.e. photography collections, art series), and many projects and collaborations with artists.

And for the moment, it’s just me. There is no team of people behind me. I’m doing all the coding, designing, social media, networking, deal making, collaboration, as well as all the dirty grungy work to make this all happen. And it’s only possible because of all the wonderful and generous people in the NFT community. Everybody is willing to lend a helping hand and so many artists are willing to collaborate with me. It’s been very humbling.

6. Website & Social Media Links:

https://supernifty.fan

https://twitter.com/lifeofc (personal)

https://twitter.com/superniftyfan (superniftyfan)

7. Summary/manifesto of your Space. What is the unique value prop / elevator pitch? What type of art will you focus on? How will your Space stand out among the crowd?

I am a champion for the unseen artists and the under appreciated art forms, the diamonds in the rough, the ones that sometimes aren’t the loudest voices on social media, and I want to give them the attention and respect they deserve. In order to accomplish this, I need to look where nobody else is looking. I need to reach out to artists that nobody else cares about. I need to look under the rocks where everybody else is too lazy to look. These are the artists I want to service with Superniftyfan, these are the artists I want to help shed more light upon.

But among those artists, there will be a few that will make a breakthrough. And like the slim gap between two curtains at sunrise, there will be that first beam of light that will shine through to start illuminating the next level of their art. And those are the ones that I want to recognize and lift up with my SuperRare Space.

I want to be the first person to tell that artist that they deserve to be in a top tier gallery and their work is worthy of its own exhibition. I want to be the first person to tell them that their art should be worth ten times more than their current reserve price. And I want to show them this respect by inviting them to my SuperRare Space. The space will be highly curated. The space will be an exclusive group of artists. The art will be exceptional and it will lean towards up-and-coming art forms that have not yet reached the mainstream.

But these new artists will not only need attention and a platform to recognize the value of their art, but they will also need great mentorship from those that have blazed the path before them. So to that end, I will be inviting legendary artists into the space to help bring visibility but also their knowledge and experience to this exclusive community of artists. And in this wonderful new world of NFTs, who is new and who is legendary may not always be mutually exclusive. A legendary artist who has never minted an NFT could be invited into the space and so learning will be shared all around.

This is my vision for my SuperRare Space. I want to make the unseen seen. I want to bring together the old and the new. I want to bring together artists who have reached that next level of excellence and create a warm and supportive community that will lift up all parties involved.

8. Describe you/your team’s experience curating and promoting artwork:

I think there is no better way to show my experience curating and promoting artwork than to give you concrete examples. NFTs are such a brand new medium that I believe it will take a brand new approach to find and promote artists, so much of what I’m going to highlight are experiments. They are not traditional approaches to art promotion, they are as much about seizing an opportunity as it is about creative brainstorming. But at its core, it’s about building trust and support from the community. Without that, no artist will work with you. No collector will listen to you.

• Superniftyfan Homepage Promotion
    • Tommy Kwak
    • Local Machine
    • Ada Crow
    • Drifter Homage
    • Michael Salisbury
  • Multi-artist promotion in Featured Tab
  • Superniftyfan Hero Series
  • Twitter Profile Photo and Banner Feature
  • Superniftyfan Merchandise
  • Fan Art
  • Ranking Pages
    • Photography Collections
    • Art Series
    • Generative Art Collections

For the full list and detailed stories of all the examples of curation and promotion experience, please see the blog post of the unabridged SuperRare Space application for Superniftyfan. Below are highlights from each section.

Superniftyfan Homepage Promotion

Superniftyfan Hero Series

Superniftyfan Merchandise

9. Describe you/your team’s experience organizing exhibitions, making art sales, running auctions, networking with collectors, etc.

I think the core of this question is to show that you have the network and the skills to sell art, which at the end of the day is the fundamental service that SuperRare provides and SuperRare Spaces will provide. In the physical art world, exhibitions have been one of the main ways to show and sell an artist’s works, which I think is sort of like a fixed price collection in the NFT world. And auction houses like Sotheby’s and Christie’s are often the main venue for bigger pieces, which I think is like the 1/1 auctions on Superrare.

But let’s first start with the question about networking with collectors. As I mentioned in my bio, I am a collector. It’s the role I started out with in the NFT world and I am still a very active collector. So being a collector, you naturally start to make friends with other collectors. I often reached out to more established collectors to get their advice and later it was with peers to share artworks and what we’ve learned. But collectors and artists are not mutually exclusive, you may identify yourself as one or the other, but many participate as both. I’m more of a collector, but I have minted some NFTs, though most have been collaborations with other artists. So in that sense, my network of artists is also a network of collectors. And all of this came from just being part of the community. If you are inquisitive and friendly, it is not hard to meet great artists and collectors in the NFT world. I’ve been so surprised by how warm and welcoming the community has been. I could not be more thankful for all the friendships I’ve made. So the network is there, the key is how to use it properly and effectively.

When I first started getting into NFTs, I had no previous experience or career in the art world. So how do you learn to “sell art” when you start out with nothing? I wasn’t a whale and so I couldn’t “buy” my way into it. It was just me, my laptop, and a little bit of ETH. If you were selling art in the physical world, you would probably need to rent a space and set up a gallery of some sort, on top of cultivating relationships with artists and operational things like processing payments. In the NFT world, you don’t need any of that. The ERC721 smart contract has pretty much everything you need to start selling art and there are numerous NFT platforms to help you set that up. But that also means that artists don’t really need anybody else when they want to sell their art and that has been a large part of the magic and power of NFTs. It has totally cut out the middleman. So how do you learn to “sell art” in the NFT world?

I did it for free. I did it without even asking the artist about it beforehand. I’d just find an artist I truly loved and started tweeting about why I loved them. And that’s how I started. Initially I focused on collections and my goal was to do whatever I could to get that collection to sell out. It was sort of a test to see if I could make it happen and had the ability to “sell art”.

I did it with Michelle Viljoen’s “From The Other Side” collection by writing an in depth thread about her collection and it sold out just one day later.

I did it with Tom Quan’s “Shapes of Japan” collection by simply asking questions about his work and it sold out a few days later.

I do not in any way claim to be the sole reason that these collections sold out, but I do believe I was a catalyst. I began to have enough successes that artists started reaching out to me for advice and help. And so I offered to help some of those artists promote their collections. I did my first Superniftyfan logo feature and top featured section take over with Tommy Quak and his collection “NYC (for Louis Vuitton)”, plus did a custom t-shirt that I sold in the Superniftyfan store. The collection sold out the next day.

I worked with Tony Sellen and his “White Lines” collection and offered a free t-shirt with the “White Lines #1” on it if it sold out. It sold out 8 hours later.

And you’ll notice with all of these, I focused on a very specific segment of the market and in this case it was photography collections, which were just starting to pick up at the time. It allowed me to learn that market well enough to understand how to navigate it and put more successes under my belt than I would have if I were too broad in my scope.

But I also continued to pick artists out of the blue and tweet about how much I loved them with no notice to the artist, especially if they were in categories I had not really established myself in and if the category seemed to have latent potential.

One I did recently is Trippy Headz, which was 100 hand painted abstract portraits. I can’t remember how I came across them, but I bought a few and did a long thread on why I loved each one that I bought. I featured them on the top featured section of Superniftyfan and continued to tweet about them. I even predicted that the collection would sell out in 24 hours and then it actually did sell out in 24 hours.

I’ve also done numerous collaborations with artists, where usually I had a crazy idea for a project and then I’d get an artist to sign on to do it with me. My very first one was with George Williams and it was called “Portrait of a Collector”. You can read about the full details of the project in my blog post. There were 10 pieces and we launched each one, one by one, and they all got bids in less than 24 hours. The pinnacle of this series was when we sold the one I was planning on keeping for myself for 43 ETH.

https://foundation.app/@chikai/~/51816

My most recent project was a collaboration with Tania Rivilis and it is probably one of the best examples of how I would work with an artist to promote their art and manage it towards a successful sale. She originally came to me asking for feedback on an idea and as we started talking about it, the idea evolved into an even bigger idea that we were both very excited about. I offered to collaborate with her on the project, sort of like I did with George Williams, and she immediately agreed. The next thing I know, she was sending me photos of all the materials she had just bought for the project.

Tania is an incredible painter and it is just stunning how fast she works. She went from idea to finishing 36 separate portraits in just 3 weeks. And as the project progressed it went from a collaboration to more of a curator/artist relationship. She just took our idea by the horns and rode it to completion. I helped to develop the release and pricing strategy and I worked with her to promote the project. So in the end it was actually a nice practice run for how I might manage artists in my SuperRare Space. The project was called “We The Punks” composed of 36 portraits and it sold out in two hours.

https://opensea.io/collection/we-the-punks

So it’s not a traditional path of learning how to sell art, but I’ve definitely learned it by the seat of my pants in this fast moving world of NFTs.

10. Are there new artists you’d like to bring into the Space in the first six months? What is your relationship to them?

If I understand this correctly, the key part of this question is “new”, where “new” is referring to artists who have not yet minted an NFT and are not yet in the CryptoArt space.

I have two specific artists in mind. They are world class artists in their respective fields and they are close personal friends. I have talked to them and they have both agreed to participate in my space if I were to receive one.

Benny Gold

https://www.bennygold.com/

Benny Gold is a legendary street wear designer. He started with just a sticker with a paper airplane and the words “Stay Gold” and built it into a global brand. He has done collaborations with Nike, Jansport, designed the original HUF logo, and worked with brands like Supreme. Benny and I have been talking about NFTs for a while and how to do his first NFT, so this was a perfect opportunity and I’m very thankful that he agreed to participate.

Julie Chang

https://www.juliewchang.com/

Julie Chang is an extraordinary contemporary artist. She uses intricately woven patterns and images to create beautiful works of art that have so many layers of meaning and symbolism. One of the most public displays of her work is the Grand Hall terrazzo floor of the Salesforce Transit Center in San Francisco. It spans 20,000 square feet and it is truly stunning to see. I’ve always wanted to work with her on a project and so I asked her if she would be willing to participate in my space if I were to get one. She instantly said yes. I had to make sure she understood what I asked, but she is one of those incredible people who will jump in head first into something new, half knowing what it is, just because you are right there with her jumping in.

11. Are there any artists already in the CryptoArt space that you are planning to work with for this Space? Have they committed to participating yet?

I have this instinct to always give more than I take, so it is very humbling to ask people for a favor, especially in large numbers, which is what I had to do to pull together a respectable roster of crypto-artists to work with me for this Space. I asked those I had a long standing relationship with, across a wide range of artists both in terms of their style as well as their careers.

And I must say I was blown away by the response. I could not be more grateful to the following 14 artists who agreed to participate.

Reuben Wu, Rizacan Kumas, George Williams, Local Machine, Tania Rivilis, Selay Karasu, Daria Antypenko, Natalie Shau, Christophe Tritz, Richie John Mason, Marc Hemeon, Rik Oostenbroek, Alberto Seveso, Arnaud Montagard

To read the full list of stories about my relationship with each of these artists, please see the blog post of the unabridged SuperRare Space application for Superniftyfan.

Artist Highlights

Reuben Wu
I’ve been a huge fan of Reuben Wu’s work for a long time, so I could not believe it when he DM’d me for advice after reading one of my tweet threads about pricing. Ever since then we’ve stayed in touch and I have truly enjoyed our conversations. So Reuben was one of the first artists I reached out to and I could not be happier that he agreed to participate. We’ve already started chatting about what kinds of pieces to release in the Space and it will be quite exceptional as all Reuben Wu pieces are but will also be quite a surprise.

Rizacan Kumas
I first noticed Rizacan from the behind-the-scenes video he did for his 3-2-1 book. He has such a gentle way of photographing children in such tragic situations. To my surprise, he sent me a cold DM to introduce himself and we started chatting. But what really got me was when he purchased one of the “Portrait of a Collector” (POAC) pieces that George Williams and I collaborated on. With each auction, I airdropped a free POAC collectible to all the bidders and when I reached out to Rizacan to give him his gift, he immediately wanted to give it to somebody else. That act of generosity has been a constant presence in my conversations with him and everything he does. He has truly become a friend as much as I have grown to love and admire his photography. His “Panoramic Portraits” has been a phenomenal success and his genesis piece on Superrare was just stunning and of course he generously gave all the proceeds to the Malala Fund. I could not be more thankful for his participation.

George Williams
George and I were connected via a tweet from Marischa Becker and I’ve been a fan of his work ever since. I love his abstract 3D works and he has an incredible sense of form that somehow creates order from chaos. I had this idea for a portrait series and I reached out to him to collaborate and to my surprise, he said yes and what resulted was the “Portrait of a Collector” series, which was an incredible success. It was one of the best experiences I’ve had working with someone and so I had to invite him to my space. He graciously said yes and pleased to have his participation.

Tania Rivilis
Tania and I connected when she created a piece called “DNA of ART. Segment #17” based on what I said in one of my tweets. I had never had anybody create a piece inspired by something I said before and I was truly surprised and honored that she did this. I of course immediately bid on it and now own the piece. Ever since then we’ve stayed in touch and have become great friends. She is an extraordinary painter and I love how she is bridging old and new in such innovative and fearless ways. We just recently finished a collaboration together called “We the Punks” and so of course I had to invite her to participate. I’m so happy that she said yes.

Selay Karasu
I first noticed Selay when I saw her piece “Symbiosis #0cchi04”. It was one of the first generative art works that I truly fell in love with. We connected on Twitter, but then she reached out to me on DM and told me about how Google Earth was one of the main tools she used to create her work. I was truly blown away when she said this and so we started talking more about her work. But then I had one of my crazy ideas and I asked her if she would be open to doing a collaboration where I used my years of experience looking at satellite imagery while building Google Earth with her incredible skills as a generative artist. She immediately said yes and we’ve been working on this project together for the past few months. With this application, I thought that a Superrare Space would be the perfect place to list this piece. She agreed and so I’m so happy that she will be participating.

Daria Antypenko
I first connected with Daria when I bought her piece “Thrive” and she reached out to me afterwards to thank me for buying the piece. She shared with me her process in creating her art, giving me detailed explanations of her procedural steps in Houdini using custom scripts. She has made huge steps in her art since we first connected and now has a bidding war for each piece she releases. I’ve been so impressed with not only her work but how quickly she is developing as an artist. I am so happy she agreed to participate.

Natalie Shau
I had been watching Natalie’s work for a long time before I ever bought a piece of hers and even after I bought a piece, I was still trying to figure out her work. It had such strength, yet so delicate. And there was this blend of cuteness and darkness that created a dissonance that at first was disturbing to me. But when I heard her talk about the inspiration for her “Bad Girls Club” series, it all clicked. After I saw (and bought) the piece “White Swan” from the Bad Girls Club series, I truly started to connect with her work. I am so happy she agreed to participate.

12. Please provide any additional details you can about how you plan to operate this Space; e.g. cadence of exhibitions, auction strategy, number of artworks, other ideas for promoting your art and artists, etc.

The beauty of SuperRare Spaces is that it is such a perfect compliment to Superniftyfan.

Superniftyfan is meant to be very inclusive and only lightly curated. Anybody can create an account and add their artwork onto the site. It is not a platform for selling/buying NFTs, it is a platform that is designed to help you organize and collect the NFTs you want to buy, not the ones you already own. It is meant to bring as much visibility to as many artists as possible.

My vision for my SuperRare Space is for it to be very exclusive and highly curated, which is very much on brand with the core philosophy of SuperRare. And it is the place where you can buy/sell NFTs. As I mentioned in the manifesto section, I want to use my SuperRare Space as a place to recognize when an artist reaches that next level in their work, especially those that are undervalued and under appreciated both as an artist and also in their art form.

Superniftyfan will help me find and nurture those artists that have potential. It is the wide open space where artists can explore and experiment in a safe supportive space. SuperRare Spaces will be the way to reward them for all their hard work, passion, and vision. It will be a highly coveted place for the emerging artists in emerging art forms. The dream is that a couple years down the road, if you trace back any fringe art form that is finally blowing up, you will find many roots in the Superniftyfan community and seminal pieces in the Superniftyfan SuperRare Space.

If you look at the list of artists I’ve named above in the question about artists I plan to work with in the space, you can get a sense of the cadence and number of artworks that I want to release. It may seem high for just one person, but I’m already doing close to this number right now with my promotions and collaborations.

It is truly a labor of love and I hope that SuperRare Spaces will help make my work with NFT artists a sustainable endeavor, so I can keep on helping more and more artists.

13. How do you plan to structure commission rates for the artists who release in your Space?

My plan is to follow SuperRare’s lead and keep the default 10% commission rate that was mentioned with the updated fee structure in the SuperRare 2.0 announcement. I like it because the take home amount for the artist remains the same whether they list on the main SuperRare site or in the SupeRare Space. Also given that Superniftyfan (i.e. myself) runs incredibly lean, it will hopefully be enough to keep my efforts at least sustainable if not growing.

14. To you, what is the importance of NFTs as a medium/technology? Where do you see the NFT and CryptoArt space in five years?

NFTs have opened up a global market for the incredible work of artists who have long been ignored. It has put artists in the driver’s seat and allowed them to take control of their future. I also think that NFTs have in a weird way created this new kind of “social network” that forms strong bonds and intimacy between the artist and the collector, the likes we have never seen before. I would have never anticipated that a cryptocurrency could create such a wonderful and supportive community, yet it truly has.

In five years, I expect to see at least a couple downturns in the NFT market and with each downturn there will be a purge of those who were just in it for the money and the quality NFTs will remain. This will only increase the overall value of NFTs and therefore bring in more participants into the ecosystem after each downturn. I also think there will be a change in the values of the average consumer with a strong shift towards digital assets. I think the majority of people will care more about their digital identity than their physical identity, and NFTs will be the dominant way to express this new identity. To meet this demand, I think NFTs will evolve into a new form. Avatars and virtual spaces are what people seem to think will be the future. I predict it will not be any of these, but something totally different and unexpected. The metaverse will be a real place where people hang out and to Mark Zuckeberg’s chagrin it will not be owned by Facebook or any other company for that matter. It will be owned by everyone.

15. If your Space were a cocktail or a dish, what would it be and why?

Omakase

“The phrase omakase, literally ‘I leave it up to you’, is most commonly used when dining at Japanese restaurants where the customer leaves it up to the chef to select and serve seasonal specialties… Customers ordering omakase style expect the chef to be innovative and surprising in selecting dishes, and the meal can be likened to an artistic performance.”
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Omakase

This dish speaks to my Japanese heritage. Both of my parents are from Japan and they immigrated to the US before I was born. It is a common story I hear amongst artists, many are immigrants, or children of immigrants. One person I know grew up in Russia and is now living in Germany. Another had parents who were from Bangladesh, grew up in London, but now lives in Japan. Another grew up in France, but now lives in the US. It speaks to how international everybody is in the NFT community and it is often a mix of multiple countries. Omakase speaks to the highly curated nature of the SuperRare Space I want to develop, just like the sushi chef chooses the best fish of the season to present to the customer and sometimes it’s not even fish but something totally unexpected. It is also a dish that is one of the highest forms of Japanese cuisine, speaking to the focus on quality and the Japanese component, speaking to the focus on specific art forms that may currently be underappreciated and overlooked as omakase once was in the food world. I think this dish is an obvious choice for a highly curated SuperRare Space, but it has deep personal connections to myself, but also omakase is my absolute favorite food and is often what I have for my birthday dinner every year.

16. Anything else you’d like the community to consider?

The strongest voice I can offer for my consideration for a SuperRare Space are those from the community. I asked for recommendations from artists and colleagues who I have worked with and so many responded. So thankful to the 22 people who took the time to write some kind words in my support.

Reuben Wu , George Williams, Gabriella Morton, Local Machine, Marc Hemeon, Ada Crow, Beka Gwarliani, Dino Kužnik, Daria Antypenko, Christophe Tritz, Tommy Kwak, Tania_Rivilis, Rik Oostenbroek, Natalie Shau, Selay Karasu, Michael Yeung, Hakinar, Tom Quan, Billy Dinh, Brandon Lillibridge, Sutthiwat Dechakamphu (TheRafa_Arts) Tony Sellen

For the full text of all the recommendations, please see the blog post of the unabridged SuperRare Space application for Superniftyfan…

Recommendation Highlights

I was first introduced to Chikai in a tweet he posted showing an NFT he acquired of mine, displayed on an impressive array of screens. I was surprised and flattered. We didn’t actually converse until a little later when I DMed him asking his opinion on my pricing strategy after he had posted a thread. I knew from the beginning that he was a powerful ally, and a real advocate for artists. Since then, we have kept in touch, we discuss ideas, and we have talked about possible plans for the future. I strongly recommend him for Superrare Spaces and know it will be a valuable partnership!

Reuben Wu

Chikai is a personable and canny art fan/enthusiast and collector. His keen eye for beautiful art in the NFT space combined with a genuinely warming and inquisitive character are magnetic. He’s an invaluable member of the NFT community and understandably held in the highest regard by those who connect with him, and rightly so. I personally found him empathetic and refreshing to chat to, and am truly honoured to have crossed his path. I couldn’t think of a better choice of curator for a SuperRare space.

Our chance connection via Marishca Becker’s retweet led to the single most exciting, fun and inspiring collab I’ve had the pleasure to work on in my career as both a traditional and digital artist. It was a true highlight in not only my artistic career but life in general, and it’s all thanks to Chikai’s ideas and inspiration,. To see this explosive energy in a curatorial form through SuperRare spaces would be incredible!

I’m indebted to know Chikai and amazed by the enthusiasm and support he brings to the community.

George Williams

Name a more supportive and involved community collector than Chikai - I’ll wait. It’s admirable that he humbly started by simply sharing what he loved. It reminded me of my own conservation journey and how we are naturally drawn to protect the places we love so it’s nice to see this organic passion overflow into a curator’s world. His curiosity and inquisitiveness strengthen the bond with artists and transforms him from a collector to a true fan! I support Chikai’s application to host a SuperRare Space even more after seeing his proposed lineup including legendary Reuben Wu and Rizacan Kumas and am curious to discover who else he has under his wing.

Gabriella Morton

Chikai is a beacon in the NFT community, and I feel fortunate to have connected with him. His love of art, curation, and community focus permeate through all his actions. He has invested time into building products, collections, and relationships in the NFT community that truly stand out. I can’t think of anyone more deserving of a SuperRare Space than Chikai.

Local Machine

Chikai proposed to me a collaboration and I gladly accepted as I found it a very interesting and even fun way to expose my art. The whole process went smoothly and despite my language limitations, Chikai made it easy for me to bring it all to a successful conclusion quickly. My two works were sold almost instantly and that gave me great satisfaction on an artistic and personal level. Chikai would be the right person to impeccably manage a platform in Superrare.

Ada Crow

Being very fresh to the NFT world can be a very overwhelming experience, especially as it’s nothing like the traditional art world I am used to. But I am fortunate enough to have met Chikai through my friend Reuben Wu. Chikai helped explain certain aspects of the space, laid out the best practices, answered all the questions we had, and even helped promote our genesis collaborative series - A Tribute of What is Always Present w/ Arnaud Montagard. He is one of the most helpful people in the space - especially for artists entering it, which makes him one of the most important in my eyes.

Dino Kužnik

I met Chikai at the very beginning of my career and he was my first multiple collector. He is very caring to artists and one of the most important person in our community. Chikai always amazed me with his thoughtful approach to everything including people he cares about. He’s always wants to help this industry and make something new for all of us, to make some unideal things working better, for example Superniftyfan where you can storage all your favorite NFT. So he’s not only support artists with purchasing art and kind words, that always cheering up, but he really do amazing global stuff for all of us and help our community grow. He’s loyal support already change lives of many artists and mine as well. I am proud to know him and be a part of his beautiful collection.

Daria Antypenko

When I started NFTs, I reached out to many collectors in the NFT Twitter community for advice. Chikai was one of the few who graciously replied and offered his time to check out my work and answer any questions I had. He is a collector with a sharp eye, is active in the community, and all around good guy who supports emerging artists.

Tommy Kwak

Chikai is an amazing collector and a person - kind, friendly, supportive! He inspires and gives wise advices, he guides new NFT artists and supports them. I’m very thankful to Chikai and I’m lucky and proud to have my NFTs in his collection. I actually started my real NFT path after reading Chikai’s tweet that inspired me to create something unusual for me (a traditional artist) and to start being a real NFT artist!

Tania_Rivilis

I love the way Chikai promotes artists and puts them in the spotlight in an honest and humble way. He really takes the time to promote, to talk to artists and he is putting much energy in his own platform too. Simply super community minded with a good spirit.

Rik Oostenbroek

I met Chikai on Twitter, after discovering his unique NFT photography collection.

Later I was lucky to have my pieces in his collection as well. But I want to recommend him not because he collected my works, but because of what roles he plays in the NFT community. I really love how meticulous his approach to collecting is and how he introduces photography and art collections to the public.

His input and guidance is really helpful not only to NFT artists, but I am sure to many collectors as well. The NFT world may seem chaotic and difficult to navigate both for seasoned and beginner collectors, but Chikai brings some structure and curation to it, which is really needed in my opinion. And it is quite unique what he is doing with Superniftyfan.

Natalie Shau

Having to meet Chikai over the NFT community has been one of the greatest surprise I’ve encountered with. Such a great inspiration and a pioneer for the whole world with a humble personality; always supporting those around and directing artists such as myself to pursue their ambitions and dreams without any expectations in return is something absolutely rare to come across with. During our creation process, I had the opportunity and the privilege to get to know him closer and pick his brain while seeing his approach and point of view. He is the kind of a leader who not only respects and encourages your process but smoothly and respectfully guides you through the course of creating.

Selay Karasu

Chikai has been a big supporter, investor, and leader in the NFT space with his brand Superniftyfan. He’s definitely helped me many times with his knowledge and guidance throughout my journey so far as a photography in the NFT space. I would highly recommend allow Chikai to have his own SuperRare Space to continue to promote, support, and share the work of other artists.

Billy Dinh

2 Likes

The Superniftyfan application for a SuperRare Space was originally split into two posts because of a size limit, but it has now been edited down into an abridged version for easier reading by the voters and it now fits into one post. You can read the full unabridged version on our blog post

I’ve left this post here in order to preserve some of the replies that had been made to this post when it was originally published.

4 Likes

You, Chikai truly are Mr. Incredible. I have the utmost respect for you. Imo no one deserves to operate a space more than you. <3

2 Likes

Wow, truly appreciate your support both here and on Twitter.:pray::heart:

1 Like

Best of luck, dear Chikai!

1 Like

Thank you for your support, Yon!:pray::heart:

1 Like

1. Space name / team name: DMINTI
2. Name of primary contact: QuHarrison Terry
3. Names of additional Space admins: Carola Jain, Beth Fiore, Ilana Wharshavsky and Jason Losh
4. SuperRare username(s) of everyone who will be a Space admin: @quharrison
5. Short bio of you and/or your team: Led by the renowned museum curator Nancy Spector, Chief Strategy Officer QuHarrison Terry, and supported by Artistic Director Colborn Bell, founder of the Museum of Crypto Art, our team brings significant experience across the traditional art world, cryptoart, tech/programming and marketing
6. SuperRare URL: @DMINTI

Founding and Advisory

DMINTI’s founding team and advisory board capture the full range of expertise needed to succeed in the NFT space. Serial entrepreneur Shalom Meckenzie is building on his history of success in the tech world and Richard Rosenblatt brings his extensive knowledge of the media and entertainment industries while Carola Jain adds her comprehensive marketing and strategy background. Jennifer Stockman, Dominique Lévy, and Christopher “CJ” Jones are leveraging their power of lessons learnt in the art world to ensure DMINTI leads by being fully artist-centric. DMINTI’s advisory board includes film producer and cultural commentator Franklin Leonard, Crypto Banter Media founder and host of CNBC’s Crypto Trader series Ran Neuner, and Stanford Law School director and IP expert Mark Lemley.

Curatorial and Technical

DMINTI’s world-class curatorial and technical team is well positioned to execute the mission of the agency, creating an unparalleled array of NFTs that will have an impact in both the legacy and cryptonative art worlds. Our talented team of curators is pushing DMINTIs content production while partnering with leading and emerging artists who are eager to explore the medium.

Led by the renowned museum curator Nancy Spector and Chief Strategy Officer QuHarrison Terry, and supported by Artistic Director Colborn Bell, founder of the Museum of Crypto Art, our team brings significant experience across the traditional art world, cryptoart, tech/programming, and marketing. Our talented Artist Liaisons Beth Fiore and Jason Losh bring their considerable expertise in technology and art production to the process while overseeing the implementation of groundbreaking artists’ NFTs.

Founders:

Shalom Meckenzie - Tech Entrepreneur

Jennifer Stockman - Film Maker, Museum Board Chair

Dominique Lévy - International Gallerist

Richard Rosenblatt - Tech Entrepreneur

Christopher Jones - Art Dealer

Carola Jain - Marketing Executive

Advisors:

Mark Lemley - Leading IP Expert

Franklin Leonard - Cultural Commentator

Ran Neuner - Crypto Expert

Internal Leadership:

Carola Jain - CEO/Co-Founder

QuHarrison Terry - Chief Strategy Officer

Colborn Bell - Advising Artistic Director

Nancy Spector - Curator

Beth Fiore - Artist Liaison

Jason Losh - Artist Liaison

Rob Anders & Oren Moshe

NIIO Animation and Display Partnership

7. Website & Social Media Links: dminti.com (will be launched this month) all of our social info will be found there as well

8. Summary/manifesto of your Space. What is the unique value prop/elevator pitch?

DMINTI is a cultural agency that partners with the world’s leading contemporary and emerging artists in the digital and legacy art worlds to curate, produce, and position impactful NFT art. Our projects are unique, highly relevant to key audiences, and significant within this fast-changing cultural context. DMINTI brings NFT art and crypto fluency into the traditional art world, providing white-glove service to legacy art collectors who wish to acquire digital art on the blockchain. DMINTI is also strongly positioned to engage directly with the crypto art community, engendering occasions for creative collaboration between crypto native artists and legacy artists who might be at the beginning of their exploration journey in this new digital realm. Using innovative new protocols such as KSPEC, DMINTI will ensure that the NFTs it creates adhere to museum-level standards for documentation and preservation.

9. What type of art will you focus on? How will your Space stand out among the crowd?

DMINTI is working with some of the most celebrated visual artists and designers in the international contemporary art world today. DMINTI will be producing, displaying, and marketing these artists’ first NFTs, thus bringing a new infusion of creativity (and with that, art collectors) onto the blockchain. The NFTs will range from videos to layered animations to experiments in AR, VR, and AI. No other entity, including that of commercial galleries attempting to mint their own NFTs, has access to such a broad range of talent in the legacy art world.

10. Describe you/your team’s experience curating and promoting artwork:

DMINTI’s curatorial team has over 50 years of collective experience in working with artists within the museum and gallery context, producing major exhibitions, commissions, and publications. DMINTI also has deep knowledge and experience in the production, collection, and display of crypto art.

11. Describe you/your team’s experience organizing exhibitions, making art sales, running auctions, networking with collectors, etc.

Colborn Bell, Founder of the Museum of Crypto Art is setting new paradigms for the display of NFT-based art in the metaverse.

Nancy Spector, former Artistic Director and Chief Curator of the Guggenheim Museum won five International Art Critic Association awards for her exhibitions and Tribeca Film Festival’s Disruptive Innovation Award for her collaboration with Google/YouTube.

Carola Jain, former Marketing Executive at Spartan and Senior Director at Interbrand, distinguished art collector, philanthropist of guaranteed income, digital ethics, and higher education finance initiatives.

Jennifer Stockman, collector and former President of the Guggenheim Museum’s Board of Trustees, produced the award-winning documentary on the contemporary art market, The Price of Everything.

Dominique Levy, world-renowned gallerist with a rich network of international artists and collectors.

Beth Fiore, founder of an innovative cultural agency working with top-tier and emerging artists. Guest cultural curator at Tumblr contracted advisor for Ebay’s partnership with Sotheby’s.

Jason Losh, Director of Business Development for a top art logistics company, NFT artist, art podcaster, Project Manager for David Zwirner’s online art sales website Platform.

12. Are there new artists you’d like to bring into the Space in the first six months? What is your relationship to them?

DMINTI is in dialogue with numerous artists and designers about producing NFTS, including David Salle, Richard Prince, Ron Arad, Jacqueline Humphries among others. DMINTI team members have in-depth relationships with artists in both the legacy art world and crypto sphere that we will leverage going forward to continue to innovate in this new space.

13. Are there any artists already in the CryptoArt space that you are planning to work with for this Space? Have they committed to participating yet?

DMINTI is committed to cross-cutting collaborations that push the global creative consciousness. We recognize that the incumbents of this space have reimagined the creative economy and sparked a revolution for the benefit of all artists. We invite all parties interested in our work to contact DMINTI to find ways in which they can participate.

14. Please provide any additional details you can about how you plan to operate this Space; e.g. cadence of exhibitions, auction strategy, number of artworks, other ideas for promoting your art and artists, etc.

DMINTI fully intends to create a robust community around our content through our Discord channel and participatory, decentralized engagement with select NFTS. We will hold strategically timed auctions in step with IRL art world business cycles and digitally native events relevant to our artists. We will create social media takeovers for each of our artists, place stories in top news outlets for art and cryptocurrency. We will create promotional video interviews and behind-the-scenes content for each artist in the DMINTI sphere. There will be giveaways, rewards, and an inclusive attitude in messaging across all platforms. The DMINTI website will link to SuperRare and all relevant content will be shared.

15. How do you plan to structure commission rates for the artists who release in your Space?

DMINTI is focused on producing the most impactful work in this new medium. We finance the work of the artists upfront and artists take home the lionshare of the revenue (all projects and commission structure varies by artist and their projects)

To you, what is the importance of NFTs as a medium/technology? Where do you see the NFT and CryptoArt space in five years?

As curators and collectors dedicated to the history of conceptual art, we also see fascinating analogs to the NFT in its function as a “certificate of authenticity,” yet understand its potential for generative art in that it is so much more than a mere identifier. We are here to help usher in a new history, using museum-level protocols and entrepreneurship to support artists in this new, creative ecosphere powered by the blockchain.

A similar area of potential over the next five years is using NFTs for funding artistic projects such as newsletters, movies, comic books, etc.

There are the majorly popular ones like ON1 Force (funded a comic book through NFT characters) and Stoner Cats (funded an animation series through NFT characters).

While ON1 did a great job rallying the NFT community through their roadmap and artwork, Stoner Cats tapped into star power to sell NFTs by featuring the likes of Mila Kunis, Jane Fonda, and the founder of Ethereum, Vitalik, in their animated series.

These projects have shown Hollywood the blueprint for crowdfunding projects via NFTs. And we’re likely to see a lot more like them in the coming months. However, they’ll need to tap into features like rev-share to really entice future collectors.

Similarly, Dirt is the world’s first newsletter funded by an NFT sale. It’s a daily entertainment newsletter that had a solid following but wanted to unlock some funding to continue operating the project.

And so they strategically drop NFTs every 2-3 months to fund a “season” of newsletters. Their first season sold out and raised 12 ETH, which they use to pay writers and designers.

What we love about this model, is that if they don’t perform in the months between drops, people won’t buy the next season of NFTs. It’s a perfect feedback loop for content creators.

We envision a lot of artists leaving their positions to start their own “art companies” funded by their collectors. Furthermore, a very interesting use case we haven’t seen unlocked yet is the idea of a Decentralized Autonomous Studio (DAS).

Similar to a DAO (Decentralized Autonomous Organization) which is essentially a company run entirely by its funders, DAS would allow their funders to dictate what art projects they want to be explored or art they want to be created.

Nonetheless, we are seasoned fine art professionals with deep roots in global artistic communities and we’re bullish on NFT projects that create value through their community.

Yet we are also futurists. Our groundbreaking work in real life would not have had traction had we not constantly experimented and took major risks. NFTs showcase a new frontier for creativity, empowering artists, and reshuffling the art world’s famously stacked deck.

Regardless of medium, in five years art will continue to be art. NFTs will become as common as a paintbrush, just another tool in an artist’s repertoire. We believe in the digital transformation of humanity and recognize the pivotal role that NFTs have already validated a market for digital art. DMINTI will be a support mechanism for artists and collectors, and a bridge to ensure that there is a fluid exchange of ideas, culture, and values between all players.

16. If your Space were a cocktail or a dish, what would it be and why?

Bulgogi Tacos, No one knows how these ingredients linked up, but when they did, umami’s Google Keyword rallied.

Michelada, spicy, good for day and night, only a matter of time before Sam Sifton declares it the new Bloody Mary, here to make you think twice about your self-declared foodie title. If you can’t take the heat, it’s time to expand your palette, not whine about flavorful strong drinks.

The Foundry

MoCDA, The Museum of Contemporary Digital Art

• Space name / team name:

The Foundry

• Name of primary contact:

Serena Tabacchi ([email protected])

• Names of additional Space admins:

Anastasia Pineschi ([email protected])

Bruno Pitzalis ([email protected])

• SuperRare username(s) of everyone who will be a Space admin: @mocdacollection

• Short bio of you and/or your team:

Serena Tabacchi: Co-founder and Director at MoCDA. Events coordinator at the Blockchain Game Alliance and Head of Publishing at The Sandbox Game. Curator, entrepreneur, public speaker.

Anastasia Pineschi: Head of Collections at MoCDA, Artist Residency Manager, digital art curator.

Bruno Pitzalis: Auctions coordinator and NFT sale advisor. Communications and brand awareness at MoCDA.

The Museum of Contemporary Digital Art provides digital art and technology education to artists, collectors, institutions and art lovers. First and foremost, MoCDA is a museum that exhibits digital artworks for the purpose of documenting, collecting and advancing the position of digital art.

MoCDA provides a foundation for understanding digital art in its own context, rather than as a mere by-product of the larger art world. The MoCDA platform offers a space for everyone to connect, discover and learn more about digital art. Our focus is on education and the endorsement of contemporary digital art in a way which is inclusive and future-oriented, encouraging engagement from a diverse audience with an artist-first approach.

The MoCDA team is highly experienced in working with art and technology. Our expert team of curators have collaborated with Tate, Sony Entertainment, SuperRare, KnownOrigin, CADAF, the Blockchain Game Alliance, Decentraland, Arium, and The Sandbox Game, among others. We are proud to present the talents of the brightest minds in this emerging sector.

Although the digital art space has seen the development of provenance registries, galleries, and marketplaces, we are yet to see a museum dedicated to educating and curating digital art for a broad audience. This remains a persistent hurdle within both the art sector and the technology sector, as concerns over lack of access, diversity and censorship grow. At MoCDA, we aim to satisfy this need by setting industry standards to make the process of creating, buying, collecting, exhibiting and viewing digital art smoother, safer and more inclusive.

• Website & Social Media Links:

https://twitter.com/MOCDA_

https://www.instagram.com/mocda_/

https://www.linkedin.com/company/mocda/

Decentraland:
https://play.decentraland.org/?island=I2j4b9&position=-22%2C114&realm=loki

• Summary/manifesto of your Space. What is the unique value prop / elevator pitch? What type of art will you focus on? How will your Space stand out among the crowd?:

MoCDA as an organisation is dedicated to the collection, preservation, and promotion of digital art. Through our programming and ongoing projects, we collaborate with artists that have proven themselves visionaries of a new digital age.

The Foundry, as an extension of our organisational practice, will codify our unwavering dedication to an academic understanding of the role that digital art now plays in our world. Set apart from other Spaces through careful curation and a focus on education, the Foundry will not just focus on high-profit artworks; instead, we aim to represent a wide range of perspectives from artists, especially those we feel represent the current and future trends of the industry.

The Foundry will support a monthly digital Artist Residency as part of the MoCDA programme from which artists will be invited to participate. All artists from the Foundry can apply to the residency, and one will be selected each month through the MoCDA DAO. In addition to having their work featured in this SuperRare space, the Artist in Residence will also have their work displayed in a metaverse gallery space, created in collaboration with the Artist in Residence and Arium, as part of a solo show curated by MoCDA or guest curators.

We are confident this residency will encourage artists to develop their practices in new and exciting ways by offering the opportunity to design a custom-made gallery space, utilise tailored curatorial and marketing advice, and promote curated NFT drops.

• Describe you/your team’s experience curating and promoting artwork:

Our team has curated a number of virtual and IRL art shows since early 2019. MoCDA exhibitions were presented at Tate Modern, CADAF Miami and online, GAD (Giudecca art District) during the Venice Architecture Biennale, Factory Berlin, UCL University College of London and at the MEET Digital Cultural Center in Milan.

The museum has also designed, built and curated exhibitions in the metaverse (Decentraland, Arium and Spatial). In addition, we have supported artists in curating NFT drops and auctions by collaborating with crypto art platforms and established auction houses.

Every exhibition we curate is thought of as a collaborative journey between our curators and the artist. We are known for supporting artists during their creative process, from crafting a concept to implementing the final stage of their creation. For every show we also host, we moderate live talks and tours in conversation with the artist, during which we present their work to the public. Our core activity focuses on the education, promotion and accessibility of digital and crypto art while discovering and consolidating the establishment of talented artists on the market.

For the launch of the Foundry we are creating a gallery space in Arium and in The Sandbox where we are planning to show the artworks, host curatorial tours and events. We aim to present the Foundry art collection to collectors and patrons in the metaverse as well as in IRL to engage with audiences through exhibitions and curatorial insights.

• Describe you/your team’s experience organising exhibitions, making art sales, running auctions, networking with collectors, etc.:

MoCDA has curated solo exhibitions, retrospectives and collective exhibitions. In our workflow we always intend to create a strong bond with artists that continues beyond each individual exhibition or sale.

The exhibitions we have produced start with a close study of the works we will be showcasing, continue with an exhibition design and research on the body of works of the artist and various references and culminate in the opening of an art show, which may go on tour. In some cases, we also assist with the promotion and sale of the works, both online and IRL.

In March 2021 we curated an exhibition and auction in collaboration with CAMBI auction house in Milan (Italy) and with SuperRare. The collection Dystopian Visions was exhibited both in Milan and in the metaverse and it currently counts a total of $124K in sale.

For Dystopian Visions as well as for other curated drops featured on KnownOrign (Spaced Painter + Crypto Spector) and on Nifty Gateway (Hackatao + Skygolpe, Render Fruit, Frenetik Void, Federico Clapis), we engaged with collectors from the NFT and crypto scene as well as with collectors from more traditional backgrounds.

Through our continued presence in the space, we have built a contact list of collectors and patrons and sponsors who support and have an appetite for digital art. We make sure to share relevant information with our contacts prior to exhibitions and curated drops, connecting audiences that are fond of the art and the artists we present while always respecting the privacy of our collectors and patrons.

• Are there new artists you’d like to bring into the Space in the first six months? What is your relationship to them?:

Through this Space, we are interested in working with artists that represent unique perspectives within the digital art world through their identity, practice or worldview. Through interviews, collection building, and other types of public programming, our organisation has already worked with many artists in the digital art scene and, upon the issuance of a new SuperRare space, we would be delighted to contact them with the opportunity to join us on this platform. Adding to their visibility through this space would be an excellent way to encourage diversity within the digital art community and collections all over the world.

Most of the artists we have already shortlisted were selected for their unique perspectives on their art practise, background and innovation. Building upon the partnerships we have created in the digital art community, we have begun conversations with several artists to facilitate the creation of ad hoc works for the Foundry space on SuperRare.

• Are there any artists already in the CryptoArt space that you are planning to work with for this Space? Have they committed to participating yet?:

Our artists selection brings together crypto artists, contemporary digital artists and emerging artists. Our aim is to show, curate and amplify their artistic voices through the museum’s Foundry. We are going to connect established crypto and emerging artists in a virtual hub that provides them with a space to exhibit, explore and discuss their work in context with the audience.

Throughout our projects we have fostered rich partnerships with established and emerging artists, and several have expressed to us interest in deepening their involvement with our organisation. Upon the acceptance of our application, we would begin the process of contacting these artists to invite them to join the Foundry. Then, they will be able to start creating unique digital works for the public to enjoy and collectors to support.

We are going to invite the following artists to join the Foundry and residency in the course of the upcoming months: Mattia Cuttini, Kevin Abosh, Render Fruit, Federico Solmi, Fabio Catapano, Skygolpe, Aurèce Vettier, Manuel Gardina, Hande and Arda (WeAreHaar), Cibelle Cavalli Bastos, Thato Tatai, Gordon Berger, Lenny Forster, Gabriel Rud, Frenetik Void, Lans King, Teresa Manzo, Matt Kane, Nacho Frades, Mari K, Andrea Chiampo, Die with the most Likes, Miss Al Simpson, Sofia Crespo and Feileacan McCormick, Robbie Barrat, Fabiano Speziari, Ola Volo, Giselle Florez, 105 Collective, Daniel Ambrosi, Nacho Frades, Annibale Siconolfi, Caep, Angie Taylor and many others!

• Please provide any additional details you can about how you plan to operate this Space; e.g. cadence of exhibitions, auction strategy, number of artworks, other ideas for promoting your art and artists, etc.:

The Foundry is going to have a curated NFT art drop each month. Every drop will consist of 3 to 6 artworks which will be curated and exhibited in the Arium metaverse and open to the public to visit throughout the duration of the month. The artist/s or collective that The Foundry will present for each drop will have the opportunity to work with the MoCDA curators, our communication manager and our auction advisor to best showcase and present their artworks to the audience.

We are looking to develop a tailored auction strategy to introduce collectors and patrons to each artwork, to invite them to join private views and to meet the artist in Arium (or in IRL when possible). The artworks will be 1/1 and accompanied by a curatorial text and art talk. In this way, we hope to provide a unique artistic experience that is an educational and yet commercially viable way to support the museum’s operations.

• How do you plan to structure commission rates for the artists who release in your Space?:

Our commission rate will be split between the museum and the artists in order to support their creative practise and create sustainability for the museum’s curatorial and exhibition space.

Our commission rate model is:

65% Artist

30% The Foundry

5% SuperRare

• To you, what is the importance of NFTs as a medium/technology? Where do you see the NFT and CryptoArt space in five years?:

Over the past few years, NFTs have exposed the power of micro-economies and the sustainability of a new artistic system, one that favors the artist’s autonomy over the validation of a slow-moving gallery space. The importance of this autonomy can not be overstated; by democratising access to artistic platforms and providing a built-in model for secondary sales, the CryptoArt scene has introduced a revolutionary way to prioritise the artists of this emerging medium. This shift will likely have knock-on effects in other industries as they adopt new ways of building collections, paying for art, and redefining art as a product of new technology. Additionally, the fact that NFT’s have simplified the concept of digital scarcity is an accomplishment that can not be overlooked. From transparency with the use of blockchain to new forms of governances based on DAOs, the CryptoArt space has ushered in a brave new time for digital art.

• If your Space were a cocktail or a dish, what would it be and why?:

The Foundry, if compared to a dish, would be close to the Japanese food concept ‘umami’. Recently discovered in the early 20th century, it is the fifth of the basic tastes and is known for its deliciousness. Its extremely balanced savoury flavor is responsible for the production of critical molecules which trigger a pleasurable response in all the receptors of the tongue and mouth. In the same way as our Space, it is a thought-provoking and mouth-watering taste no one can resist.

• Anything else you’d like the community to consider?

What’s The Foundry:

The Foundry is a community space created for the digital art community by artists and the museum’s curators. The Foundry exists to connect contemporary artists with the digital and crypto art scene with the goal of exploring digital tools and new economies in a creative and meaningful way.

The Foundry community is open to all to join and it lives and connects artists, curators and the public through the MoCDA Discord channel. Everyone can participate in the Foundry and express their interest in taking part in the museum’s artist residency program. During each residency we will be looking to invite guest curators to run a session with the artist/s in residence and to develop artworks and exhibitions together for the Foundry space on SuperRare.

MoCDA in the Press:

https://www.artdogistanbul.com/en/exclusive-interview/mocda-museum-of-contemporary-digital-art-pioneering-the-digital-age.htm

Radio:

7 Likes

I think Chikai is truly deserve to win this space race, he is one of the best collectors and supporters in the community, I don’t know anyone like him, he is just here for us, artist that are trying to fit in this place. And I personally very grateful for his support to me and other artist💙

Space name / team name:
Blackbird

Name of primary contact:
Greg Rook

Names of additional Space admins:
None

SuperRare username(s) of everyone who will be a Space admin:
@gregrook

Short bio of you and/or your team:
I’ve been a practising artist since 2000, enjoying a fair degree of success, with museum group shows and international solo shows, but at the end of 2016, one of my collectors asked me to help him build a collection of contemporary art, and Greg Rook Advisory was born. I have since built a successful art consultancy, working with private collectors and businesses. I’ve also taught Fine Art, consulted for galleries and auction houses and written about contemporary art for newspapers and magazines. Earlier this year I joined SuperRare as an artist and as a curator of featured group shows.

Website & Social Media Links:

https://www.instagram.com/gregrookadvisory/?hl=en
https://twitter.com/gregcorbeau?lang=en
https://www.linkedin.com/in/greg-rook-abaa8936/?originalSubdomain=uk

https://www.instagram.com/greg_rook/?hl=en

Summary/manifesto of your Space. What is the unique value prop / elevator pitch? What type of art will you focus on? How will your Space stand out among the crowd?
I come from the traditional contemporary art world – the world of physical galleries and physical works – paintings and sculptures and videos shown on screens in darkened spaces. And I love that world. I’ve made, taught, written about and sold contemporary art for decades. But now, there are NFTs and a new audience for contemporary digital art and I’m fascinated by the variety and difference and possibilities of this new format, with this new audience.

So, my intentions are twofold: firstly, to bring the best traditional contemporary artists to this new world in order to see what they can do and what creativity they can bring; and secondly to bring all the collectors that I work with (and all the collectors who work with the artists that I bring) to SuperRare and to the world of collecting NFTs.

I am interested in working with artists (whether emerging or established) whose art I admire and respect, who have a thoughtful practise away from the world of digital art, but who are looking to see how to make links across the genres. I fully understand that it is not a given that even the most celebrated traditional contemporary artists will necessarily be successful in making the switch to a digitally native format, or immediately produce work of real significance and interest. And I appreciate that the collector base that has already invested in the NFT space might not be impressed by traditional art world celebrity, but, I’m approaching people who I believe will bring something progressive and idiosyncratic to SuperRare and there is real excitement in this being a forum for brilliant experimentation.

It would be easy to turn old images into jpegs and mint them as NFTs, but as thoughtful contemporary artists, I will work with those who are interested in seeing this as an opportunity to make work that reflects the enormous possibilities of the new tools. Looking around the NFT space and you can see the incredible talent, knowledge and creativity on display, and so we would work hard to make sure that new NFTs are reflecting both the best of the traditional art world and the new tools and format available. They would not be offering digital versions of previous work but would be using the platform to reimagine and to take their work in unexpected directions. On the whole successful traditional contemporary artists are successful because they are thoughtful, bright and creative, and I look forward to seeing what they will produce.

And to the second part – introducing collectors. Most of the pieces minted by artists I have introduced through the two featured SuperRare shows have sold to collectors that I, or the other artists, have introduced to the space. Each time an artist is brought to this world, they bring with them dozens of past collectors – wealthy collectors invested in contemporary art. I look forward to continuing to merge the worlds and bring new investment and enthusiasm to the space.

Describe you/your team’s experience curating and promoting artwork:
In the last five years, I have worked with dozens of emerging and high-profile contemporary artists in the UK and around the world. I have curated nearly two hundred individual artist presentations, and monthly modern and contemporary online art auctions since January 2020. More recently I curated two contemporary art NFT exhibitions on SuperRare.

I have also written extensively on art for newspapers and journals, and I have taught and run a contemporary Fine Art BA degree course since 2003. I am adept at discussing and explaining contemporary art to a wide variety of people. I have used social media (as you can see from my profiles above) to promote the artists I’m working with and to find new collectors.

After 20 years working within the art world as an artist, university lecturer, writer and consultant, I have unique access to artists and their studios, and a deep critical, historical and practical understanding of what constitutes progressive art. As a poacher turned gamekeeper, I have offered collectors intelligent, peer-reviewed art before it has become eye-wateringly expensive.

I promoted all the NFTs and artists in the SuperRare shows I curated, and they all sold those NFTs, as well as most of the subsequent drops.

Describe you/your team’s experience organizing exhibitions, making art sales, running auctions, networking with collectors, etc.:
I have been involved in the artworld commercially as an artist since 2000, and since late 2016 with direct contemporary art market experience as an art consultant and dealer. I have built the business from one collector in 2016, to near 60 collectors actively buying or searching now, and just under 1000 on the advisory mailing list.

As an art advisor with a background as an artist and university lecturer, and with no ‘stock’ to sell, I have presented only the art that I know to be critical and from artists of real merit. I have placed over 300 works of credible contemporary art with private collections and businesses during the past five years. Many of the artists that I presented early in their careers are now highly sought after by investors and critically acclaimed with multiple museum shows.

Since January 2020 I have also worked with an online auction house based in New York. I curated and organised half a dozen separate London based auctions as well as working on consignments for their New York auctions. More recently I have also been liaising with collectors on broader websites like 1stDibs and Printed Editions

Are there new artists you’d like to bring into the Space in the first six months? What is your relationship to them?:
As the months have passed more and more artists have approached me about inclusion in the SuperRare NFT space and I’ve been contacting others who I’d love to work with. As with my advisory, I will always be conscious of ensuring that I’m inclusive and international in my approach.
Just two examples of artists who I’ve had conversations with so far are:

Marcus Harvey gained recognition when his painting of serial killer Myra Hindley was included in the “Sensation” exhibition at the Royal Academy of Arts, London (1997). He has since been classed as a Young British Artist (YBA), though he is driven by his enduring interest in materials and technique, not shock value. Since the YBAs came to prominence, he has continued to pursue painting and sculpture, and, more recently, the crossover between them. As he explains: “There is a [kind of] painting that releases a charge that goes to your thumb. It makes you want to pull the painting into the world. And there are sculptures whose fluidity make you want to celebrate the urge to paint.” Working figuratively, and with subjects ranging from porn to politics, Harvey foregrounds the lush physicality of art making in everything he produces and is now interested in taking this sensibility to a digital format.

Jem Finer (a founding member of the band The Pogues) is an artist, composer and musician with a background in mathematics and computer science, dating back to the ICL 1900 mainframe computers of the early 1970s. An enduring fascination with deep time and space, self-organising systems and long-durational processes has been the impetus behind much of his work including his Artangel commission, Longplayer, a thousand-year-long musical composition playing since the last moments of 1999, Cosmolog, a two-year-long artists residency in the astrophysics department of Oxford University and the 2005 PRSF New Music Award winner, Score For a Hole In the Ground, a permanent, self-sustaining musical installation in a forest in Kent, which relies only on gravity and the elements to be audible. Recent work focuses on these interests and includes Kung Fu Pinball, a pinball machine modified to auto-compose music, Slowplayer, a 3 r.p.m. sound system and Spiegelei, a 360-degree spherical camera obscura. Supercomputer found Finer’s “post-digital” thinking come full circle in the form of a sculptural machine of a computational process, indebted as much to Jean Tinguely’s Métamatics as to John Conway’s Game of Life. Current work includes Sonic Ray, the music of Longplayer encoded in a beam of light and projected across the Thames from Trinity Buoy Wharf lighthouse to Richard Wilson’s Slice of Reality.

Are there any artists already in the CryptoArt space that you are planning to work with for this Space? Have they committed to participating yet?
All the artists who participated in the first two shows that I curated on SuperRare will continue to work with me in a new space. Those shows were:

https://superrare.com/features/a-lot-of-what-im-about-to-tell-you-is-made-up

https://superrare.com/features/from-can-see-to-cant-see

James Scott Brooks
@jamesscottbrooks
https://www.jamesbrooks.co.uk

Rebecca Harper

Ansel Krut
@anselkrut
https://www.saatchigallery.com/artist/ansel_krut

Andy Holden
@andy_holden

Elizabeth Magill
Instagram @elizabethxmagill
https://elizabethmagill.com

Damien Meade
Instagram @damien_meade

Justin Mortimer
@justinmortimer

Hannah Murgatroyd
@hannahmurgatroyd

Barry Reigate
@breigate71
https://www.saatchigallery.com/artist/barry_reigate

Lottie Stoddart
@lottiestoddart

Phoebe Unwin
www.phoebeunwin.com

Douglas White
@digital_douglas
https://www.douglaswhite.co.uk

Please provide any additional details you can about how you plan to operate this Space; e.g. cadence of exhibitions, auction strategy, number of artworks, other ideas for promoting your art and artists, etc.
My initial approach, taken in the first two curated exhibitions, was to see the exhibitions and my presence on SuperRare as being modelled after a traditional contemporary art gallery and their 8 to 10 a year exhibition programme. Although I think a series of group shows, focused on a particular idea or way of working, occurring every six to eight weeks, would still provide a strong backbone, I would also like to look beyond a traditional programme.

The space should be a forum for experimentation – allowing individual artist’s projects to be showcased in between the group shows. One artist has talked about interactivity and gamification of their NFT drops. Several would like to work more with sound. We have already had some collaborations with musicians, and this seems like rich territory - the constraints of the file size for image and sound are fascinating. As one artist said, working now in the world of NFTs, is a bit like being in at the start of vinyl and the 3-minute pop song. The experimentation and blue sky possibilities are incredibly exciting.

Traditional galleries don’t fully exploit online connectivity yet and we would also look for a way for greater connectivity to be factored in. The traditional gallery model is too static. Maybe a radio station is a better model.

How do you plan to structure commission rates for the artists who release in your Space?
The standard 15% commission - 10% going to the Space and 5% to the SR DAO.

To you, what is the importance of NFTs as a medium/technology? Where do you see the NFT and CryptoArt space in five years?
I have absolutely no doubt that NFTs will soon be ubiquitous. We will carry them with us and interact with them in our public lives, and I think that, as well as being innovative and exciting in their own right, there are opportunities for them to breathe new life into traditional worlds.
As the artist Ansel Krut recently emailed me: “NFTs are going to evolve. They will look very different in just a few years. (No one could even begin to imagine 3D animation when the first animations were hand made in the early part of the last century for example). It’s pretty incredible to be in on the ground floor. And with the chance to participate in, and maybe even help shape, the history of the development of the format. It’s not where I thought I’d end up as a dyed in the wool painter.”
If we are careful to build bridges between the artworlds and ensure that there is cross over and mutual respect, then I think we will find that in five years NFTs and CryptoArt are either considered just one art form equal to all the others, or that they are, very possibly in ten or twenty years, the predominant art form.

If your Space were a cocktail or a dish, what would it be and why?
I’d hope the space to be experimental, exciting, professional, and international – perhaps like a Singapore Gin Sling.

Anything else you’d like the community to consider?
I have worked within the contemporary art world for over 20 years, in all capacities, and I am incredibly excited to bring that experience and knowledge to the world of NFTs. Attached here is a link to a complementary ebook of the publication I produced a year ago on some of the work I placed over the first few years of Greg Rook Advisory: Collecting Contemporary Art Ebook by Greg Rook | Blurb Books UK

In terms of the environmental impact, I have begun to work with Point Advisory, a leading sustainability advisory firm using Gold Standard certified carbon offsets to compensate for each drop.

1 Like

Thank you, SuperRare, for creating SuperRare Spaces. I hope this results in not just more gatekeepers but in more truly open gateways for artists.

I had been drafting a proposal that would promote unknown artists – those who are not already known in the physical art community and those who have not sold more than some to-be-determined value of NFTs. My idea is to have a Space where new artists and their works are promoted in cohorts – perhaps a new group every month – and then remain on the Space if they’d like, but roll off the promotion queue once they’ve achieved a bit – or hopefully, a great deal of – success.

The goal would be to allow enough time to build interest in each cohort while also rotating as many new artists into the Space as possible. In addition, the Space manager (gatekeeper) would be a “layperson” – not an elite art curator or a well-connected industry personality. I confess that I would not have identified a blank white canvas or a banana taped to a wall, as art. It would be great to see someone like myself, who doesn’t accept that just because an already famous artist or curator refers to something as art, it should be highly valued, especially to the exclusion of what most of us would recognize as art only because it was produced by an “undiscovered” artist.

I have decided not to submit my proposal because as I was working on it, I saw @chikai’s. He seems to have a similar goal of promoting undiscovered artists and has already demonstrated terrific support for them and they overwhelmingly support him! I can’t compete with that :blush:.

However, I did want to share these thoughts to highlight to the SuperRare Team, the community & $RARE holders that there is a dire need for Spaces that provide a pathway and exposure for new artists, managed by non-traditional gatekeepers.

Thank You, SuperRare.

Good Luck, @chikai – I have no $RARE to vote for you but I hope you win a Space and I’d be honored to someday join it :blush:!

2 Likes

Wow, this is truly an unexpected post.:pleading_face::pray: I totally support your mission of finding unknown artists and giving them a space to be recognized and celebrated. I’d probably consider myself a “layperson”, since I don’t have any previous experience in the art world, so I hope to bring that perspective and voice to the NFT community.

I humbly accept your support. I hope that I can help fulfill some of your goals if my application for a Space were to be accepted. Please connect with me on Twitter (https://twitter.com/lifeofc) and send me a DM!

2 Likes

:pray:t4:, @chikai. Have reached out to you on Twitter.

Where do I vote for Mocda?

1 Like