Space Race #1 [Completed - Nov '21]

So impressed with Mocda’s project!

1 Like

This sounds amazing! Thank you both for putting this together! <3

2 Likes

Que viiva el arte Latinoamericano!!!

2 Likes

exciting to see this proposal come through. What an opportunity it could be to bring in some outside of crypto and very local artists into this new global economy.

:heart::beers::cowboy_hat_face:

2 Likes

Nice project! Hope it happens, there are many South American artists with incredible arts.

2 Likes

Space name / team name:

HALOS x gblsts

Name of primary contact:

Gabriel Santos Elizondo

Names of additional Space admins:

Mario Beltran and Felix Zamora

SuperRare username(s) of everyone who will be a Space admin:

@mbeltran @fzamora

Short bio of you and/or your team:

Gabriel Santos

My business background has been in mobile technology and digital advertisement for over 17 years. All of my business ventures since day one have been within the digital space. I, alongside my business partner Mario Beltran, have led a small tight-knit team of senior web developers, whose work is now centered largely around projects on the Ethereum blockchain. While I conduct the concept ideation and business development, my team supports me from a technical standpoint. My team consists of highly professional individuals and even better human beings who help bring my visions (that become our visions) to life. I currently operate as a collector, consultant and promoter within the NFT space. My current collection consists of over 400 works from a diverse array of multidisciplinary artists with a strong inclination for psychodelic art.

I’m proud to say that Mario has been my business partner and friend for more than 10 years.

While I did not have much to offer by means of compensation at the time, Mario took a chance on me because he believed in my vision when it was very difficult to, and for that I am very grateful. He has helped me build and manage my ideas from the ground up and i am extremely lucky and privileged to share this journey with him. He leads and manages our long-standing team of rockstar web developers ensuring a secure and reliable technology environment for our operations. The team definitely looks up to him, something which is absolutely warranted and well deserved.

Website & Social Media Links:

Summary/manifesto of your Space. What is the unique value prop / elevator pitch? What type of art will you focus on? How will your Space stand out among the crowd?

This curated storefront will actively serve to showcase, promote and sell artworks selected by me personally as a continuation of my personal collection which again has a heavy inclination in psychedelic art. I will never promote anything I wouldn’t personally buy and this will be central to my Space. With no main theme in terms of media, the goal is to represent unique souls regardless of their background, technique, subject matter, or stylistic vision. It will serve as the gallery for artists of all shapes and sizes whom i deeply believe in and can truly align with. The uniqueness lies within the artist themselves, each exhibition differing from one another based on the artist featured at any given time. I’m know in it for the right reasons, the goal and driving force behind this Space is to help artists be discovered but also to become better versions of themselves, both personally and professionally. Also, i want to see my artists have fun with the process, art should be a fun journey and that’s what makes it all worthwhile. This is definitely something i value dearly, and i intend to promote it within my Space.

Finally, I want a chance to work professionally with some of the most amazing artists out there. I had actually been searching for something like this for quite some time, yet it wasn’t until SuperRare Spaces came around that I felt I had found the best and most appropriate medium for me. My objective in life is to offer more of myself and the lessons and hardships that i have been lucky enough to learn from with those who are willing and ready to listen. I want an opportunity to share my life’s experiences that have made me the person that i am today.

Describe you/your team’s experience curating and promoting artwork:

I will be leading the Space as Head Curator, however i will work with friends and colleagues in the industry for input and feedback in order to keep things fresh and innovative at all times. Also i would like to have an internship or protege program to help develop the young up and coming curators of the future. In my youth, my mother was a prominent art collector in Mexico throughout the 80’s and 90’s. I think that I’ve been very fortunate to have developed a keen eye for meaningful art from a young age. I know i will always be a work in progress and must keep pushing myself to continue developing my eye for different art forms as best i can in order to keep growing within the art world and beyond. I fully expect to get better with time. My mothers collection consisted of many great artists such as Frida Kahlo, Rufino Tamayo, Maria Izquierdo, Francisco Toledo, and even Jean-Michel Basquiat to name a few greats. It is from this upbringing and background, that my appreciation for the arts is rooted on and has since only grown stronger. It is the energy, message being conveyed and of course aesthetics of any given artwork that peak my initial interest in any one piece. Moving into the current day, my tangible or IRL collection of works has mostly stalled since the beginning of this year 2021 and my spending has since shifted heavily into CryptoArt. To date, I have invested roughly $3,000,000 USD on my collection of digital works, most of which are worth well over their initial investment. Among my current collection I have collected 55 SuperRare artists including Mr. Misang, Jake Fried and Fauves. As an avid collector and lover of the arts, i believe not only in my collection representing a great investment, but also a testament for all these incredible artists that this new medium has uncovered to the world. Additionally, i will develop my strategically located Decentraland lot (3x2) into my Gallery with the entire first level floor being solely dedicated to my Halos x gblsts marketplace and the promotion of its artist. The remaining floors will hold my main collection and different meeting and social spaces.

We are witnessing an art revolution and i feel very fortunate for it. I truly believe art makes the world a better place so i couldnt be more excited to be an active part of it and its future.

Describe you/your team’s experience organizing exhibitions, making art sales, running auctions, networking with collectors, etc.

I currently promote and showcase my NFT collection on both Twitter and Instagram as well as my Showtime gallery (gblsts | Showtime). I have experience in promoting and consulting with many top name crypto artists on general strategies like pricing, business development and marketing as well as mindset and other issues on a more personal level. It is my genuine passion and interest to work directly with artists and wanting them to succeed both personally and professionally, that makes me a great candidate for a Space. My personal and holistic approach gives me a way to connect with artists in sometimes more meaningful and impactful ways. Some examples of artists I have personally worked with include Fauves, MayaGuy, Caramuru and Andres Zighelboim which are all SuperRare artists.

Are there new artists you’d like to bring into the Space in the first six months? What is your relationship to them?

I have many artists in mind all to which i am a friend as well as private council to. I plan to continue working with all of the artists i have collected before and which whom i continue to have a good standing relationship with. Also, with the help of the talented Alessio De Vecchi i have been able to onboard artists that have already been doing great on the platform. Some of these amazing artists including Jake Fried, Line Censor and Niro Perrone have all at least 5x their sell price with my guidance and support. I am not and will not be alone on these efforts as i always try to surround myself and the artists with the most greatest minds within the industry that can definitely help propel them even farther. Ultimately it will always be about the artist; first and foremost.

Additionally, i plan on introducing a number of new artists to my Space such as:

HarryPack
OpenSea | Twitter | instagram

5Harry_690x614

1Harry_690x958_b2Harry_690x958_b3Harry_690x958_b4Harry_690x958_b

Dax Norman
OpenSea | Twitter | Instagram

2DaxNorman_690x375

1DaxNorman_690x685_b3DaxNorman_690x685_b
4DaxNorman_690x685_b5DaxNorman_690x685_b

Pilly
KnownOrigin | Twitter | Instagram

1Gopilly_500

2Gopilly_690_b3Gopilly_690_b

Mike Irak
OpenSea | Twitter

1MikelRak_690x548

2MikelRak_690x671_b3MikelRak_690x671_b

3land Boy
Foundation | Twitter | Instagram

3_3LAND_690x488

Also, as something extremely personal to me and also never done before on SuperRare; i will try to inmortalize through his estate one of Mexico’s best contemporary artist of my time, the great Julio Galan. He was first brought to attention by Andy Warhol who printed several of Galán’s works in his Interview magazine. Julio Galán started his career as a painter in my hometown of Monterrey, Mexico, so again, this project is very personal and dear to me. Also, i think it should be a highly marketable business model and project and i if this works i would actually love to keep honoring through this model many deceased artists and their families.

I plan to charge a fee to every Galan IRL collector to digitalize, secure and ofcourse validate their artworks on the blockchain and hopefully create a rejuvenated secondary market for Julio as a result. I think this model could be of great impact for the SuperRare platform as validators moving forward. I most certainly plan to share these fees with the SuperRare DAO. For now im calling this project "Julio Galan Meets the Blockchain" and would love for this model to be a mainstay as the "Meets the Blockchain" series in the future.

It is with great motivation that i strive to continue helping the artists i work with to get what they truly deserve for their work. This in turn grants the artist more time and liberty to work on what is most important to them - which is of course their craft. My drive also comes from the genuine desire to even out the playing field a bit more for many of these artists by having a collector, businessman, and mentor on their side to help them make these sometimes critical decisions throughout their careers. I believe that the emotional and mental aspect of an artist almost always goes unexplored and it can have everything to do with the quality of the work they put out. In me, artists will find this sort of comprehensive support that helps both mentally and emotionally, hopefully resulting in better and more profound work. Finally, from a business strategy standpoint, it is this that truly sets me aside from most gallery curator/directors today.

Are there any artists already in the CryptoArt space that you are planning to work with for this Space? Have they committed to participating yet?

Many artists have and continue to make great efforts to be considered for my collection. So, as a continuation of that trend i believe the demand to be a part of my SuperRare Spaces storefront will be even higher. Again, having an extra set of eyes on their work and being supported by a collector with business experience as well as an art background offers a unique opportunity. More and more artists are beginning to see my value in this regard.

Please provide any additional details you can about how you plan to operate this Space, e.g., cadence of exhibitions, auction strategy, number of artworks, other ideas for promoting your art and artists, etc.

My team and i have a limited exhibition background, but we have been in the digital advertising sector for over 17 years, which will definitely help for this very important and personal project. My team and i will continue to work tirelessly to better understand the main differences and key steps for us to take within the promotional process within the digital art industry. I really do want to see my artists succeed both personally and professionally so i will be constantly looking for innovative and fun ways to promote them in the right lighting. I envision that my Decentraland Storefront Gallery will be central to these efforts as i plan for this Space to occupy the complete floor level instalations.

“I will handle my exhibition’s similar to how I handle most of the things in life, with great energy, genuine intentions and an open heart.” – @ gblsts

How do you plan to structure commission rates for the artists who release in your Space?

Commission rates will be structured as followed:

Primary sales:

5% SR DAO Commission
10% Storefront Commission
85% Artist Royalty

Secondary Sales:

Any following sale, the collector will receive 90% of the total sale price, paid by the buyer and the original artist will receive 10% as a royalty. (These commission rates for all secondary sales serve as the royalties allocated to the artists).

There is an additional 5% fee added to the total sale price secondary, that is paid to the SuperRare DAO.

To you, what is the importance of NFTs as a medium/technology? Where do you see the NFT and CryptoArt space in five years?

I see CryptoArt as better suited for commercial spaces to be honest. I have a hard time imagining changing the physical paintings in my home for any type of digital panel. The presentation and displays as they exist at present, just do not feel the same for me at this point. However, for commercial spaces the possibilities are endless really, I’m super excited to see where we are at in just a couple of years in that regard. I think that at that point is when CryptoArt could really start to become much more mainstream with the IRL art whale collectors as they continue to start to engage and enter the space.

Additionally, as I have come from a more traditional art space, I am well aware of the challenges faced when handling the imports and exports of art. For that reason and for the ability of automatically establishing provenance through the blockchain is why I think CryptoArt is such a game changer. Furthermore, I have long thought about the unfair nature of artist royalties/ commissions associated with most tangible art market sales. I believe full-heartedly in this life-time revenue stream for artists and their families as established through the current structure of the secondary market artist royalties. Most artists have historically seen little to no return for their work and it is tragic that this has persisted for this long throughout history without much change. So, I am honored and proud to help artists get and continue to get the very well-deserved value of their work. Safekeeping physical artworks is another obstacle and headache needed to be faced by IRL collectors, and while safekeeping digital artworks has its own set of challenges, having enough space is not one of them.

If your Space were a cocktail or a dish, what would it be and why?

“I’m not a drinker anymore but if I have to choose, I’d probably say a Cosmopolitan. A good cocktail stands the test of time and I think it should be the same with art.”

“I’d like my Space to be much closer to mushrooms than a cocktail if im being honest“– Gabriel

Anything else you’d like the community to consider?

The mission behind the Space:

This is a chance for me to continue working with my artists with even more freedom and flexibility. I believe we all want to be discovered in a way, which is why I’m absolutely committed to help shine the sometimes much needed light on many of these hidden gems that are still out there. Many great artists have and will probably continue to go undiscovered, throughout history. It is for this reason that I believe the digital art space still offers and awaits many great discoveries. My Space will be the perfect opportunity and setting for artists to connect and align with my vision as a curator, collector, businessman and mentor. Even some of the best artists needed help promoting their work. It will be a space created with my fullest and most genuine intentions of supporting the lives of artists I believe in and deeply align with. I can’t think of a better brand to make my best curating and consulting efforts under. I am completely committed to give my absolute all in order to continue propelling SuperRare forward as the OG CryotoArt platform that it is. More importantly, I recognize SuperRare as the incredibly beautiful and powerful movement that it has come to be at the hands and foresight of the visionary group of people that make up the founding team.

2 Likes

Space name / team name:
Verisart

Name of primary contact:
Vinciane Jones

Robert Norton, Shelley Mannion

Verisart

Verisart helps artists sell and protect their works through its patented digital certification service and its newly launched NFT minting platform. Since 2015, Verisart has been one of the leading providers of blockchain certification to the art and collectibles market. We believe in empowering creators to have greater control over their works and connecting them with collectors who love their work and products. Our mission is to treasure creativity by facilitating trusted transactions and to date, we have certified over 50,000 artworks by more than 10,000 artists including Shepard Fairey, NeĂŻl Beloufa, Penny Slinger, Derek Boshier and many others.

We are a team of passionate engineers and art lovers with offices in Los Angeles & London. The company is helmed by Robert Norton, formerly Founder & CEO of Saatchi Art and Sedition Art and curation of the new SuperRare space will be led by Robert and two other members of the curatorial team.

Robert Norton - Robert is the CEO and co-founder of Verisart with a passion for art and technology. Before establishing Verisart, he was the co-founder and CEO of Saatchi Art and Sedition Art. Previously he worked on the executive management team at King. com and AOL Europe. Robert graduated from Oxford University with a Master’s in Modern History.

Shelley Mannion - Shelley is the CPO at Verisart and has over 20 years experience in software engineering and product management. At the British Museum, she pioneered the use of Augmented Reality in digital learning and built the Museum’s first digital product team to deliver its flagship mobile guide. She holds an MSc in Communications from the University of Lugano and a BA in Art History.

Vinciane Jones - As Head of Community at Verisart, Vinciane is passionate about art and advocating for artists. She previously worked as Head of Communications at Artsper, an e-commerce platform for art. Vinciane holds a BA in History of Art from the University of Cambridge and an MA in Arts and Heritage from the University of Maastricht.

Instagram: @verisart
Facebook @verisart
Twitter: @verisart
Discord: Verisart
Clubhouse: ART TALKS WITH VERISART

Summary/manifesto of your Space. What is the unique value prop / elevator pitch? What type of art will you focus on? How will your Space stand out among the crowd?

Verisart believes that art can be a force for good. The Verisart SuperRare space will focus exclusively on works that contribute towards the artist’s charitable cause. Using the Verisart Fair Trade Art certificate, each work sold will have a clear indication of the supporting charity and the percentage of sales benefitting that charity. This will be reflected in the sales description, the metadata and at the contract level.

In 2020, during the Covid pandemic, Verisart launched Fair Trade Art, an initiative designed to bring together artists and social impact organizations to do good. For all artists dropping with us, we would ask that they donate a portion of the profits of at least one work to a cause or charity. The split of the sales proceeds between the artist and charity would be highlighted in our Fair Trade Art certificate.

Artists and charities we have worked with include:

We look forward to working with artists to help them support the causes they care about.

Verisart would select artists from across various disciplines and mediums with a strong track record of high-quality works in the contemporary art world or the NFT space. Our focus will be on artists who are always curious and exploring, whether that means exploring new technologies, new processes or tackling big ideas in interesting ways.

Verisart has previously had two highly successful curated auction series in partnership with SuperRare. Verisart partnered with SuperRare for two series of curated art drops, 10x10 and 8x8.

Our 10x10 inaugural NFT auction in March 2021 brought together 10 major contemporary artists for their genesis NFT sales: Shepard Fairey, Random International, NeĂŻl Beloufa, Petra Cortright, Jonathan Yeo, Universal Everything, AES+F, Mark Titchner, Michael Joo and Rob Pruitt. The auction signaled a broadening of reach and market maturity for the NFT space in terms of the participation of established, contemporary artists.

Following the success of the 10x10 NFT auction series, Verisart launched the 8x8 auction series in May, focusing on a cross-generational selection of artists at different stages of their careers who had all made valuable contributions to digital and media art. The 8x8 curated series featured genesis NFTs from John Maeda, Lynn Hershman Leeson, Sougwen Chung, Quayola, Jake Elwes, Leo Isikdogan, Matteo Zamagni and Recycle Group.

These series received extensive media coverage in the Financial Times, Forbes, Artnet, Hypebeast, Decrypt, Bloomberg TV and more.

We’ve also worked with a number of artists individually including Philip Colbert, Derek Boshier, Robin Rhode and Aziz+Cucher.

Describe you/your team’s experience organizing exhibitions, making art sales, running auctions, networking with collectors, etc.

Verisart’s curated auction drops with SuperRare generated over $1 million in sales and we have worked with over 25 high-profile artists providing guidance from the ideation phase to the handling of the sale.

Our team has an extensive network of contacts in the contemporary art world from galleries, artists and collectors. Robert Norton, co-founder and CEO at Verisart, was previously CEO at Sedition Art, a groundbreaking online platform for collecting digital art, where he produced digital art by the world’s leading contemporary artists including Damien Hirst, Shepard Fairey, Bill Viola, Yoko Ono, Jenny Holzer and many others. Robert was also CEO of Saatchi Art, today the world’s largest online gallery enabling artists to sell directly to their collectors. He has also curated exhibitions such as the “Art in the Age of AI” exhibition and auction at Founders Forum in London.

Are there new artists you’d like to bring into the Space in the first six months? What is your relationship to them?

As an actor in both the physical contemporary art world and the digital art space, and a strong believer in the future of NFTs, we would like to work with several established contemporary artists who are interested in the NFT world. Our team has professional relationships with an extensive range of artists and through our partners discussions with the artists listed below are already in progress.

Marco Brambilla
Petra Collins
Martine Syms
David Rudnick
Ezra Miller
Darren Bader
Korakrit Arunanondchai
Kenta Cobayashi
Patrick Staff
Gus Van Sant
Es Devlin
UVA
Hayden Keys
Douglas Coupland
Doug Aitken
Daniel Arsham
Laure Prouvost
Jenny Holzer
Nadia Lee Cohen
Jon Emmony
Quentin Jones
Matt Lambert
Ivan Blackstock (@ ivanmichaelblackstock)
Rick Farin
Frederik Heyman
Maisie Cousins
Andrew Thomas Huang
Jacolby Satterwhite
Holly Blakey
Baloji
Terence Nance
Bart Hess

As a company, Verisart currently works with over 10,000 artists who use our platform to certify their physical and digital artworks. We would also plan on holding open calls among our existing community to ensure our SuperRare Space also provides a platform for emerging artists.

Are there any artists already in the CryptoArt space that you are planning to work with for this Space? Have they committed to participating yet?

Verisart looks forward to continuing to work with the artists we have already built relationships with including Neil Beloufa, Universal Everything, Shepard Fairey, Jonathan Yeo, Mark Titchner, Random International, Derek Boshier, Matteo Zamagni, Recycle Group, Sougwen Chung, Leo Isikdogan and more. Several artists are already working on their next NFT and are open to working with us again.

We’re also looking to work with artists from the CryptoArt and NFT space including Alexander Reben, Matt DesLauriers, Brendan Dawes, Trevor Jones, Lucho Poletti and more.

Please provide any additional details you can about how you plan to operate this Space; e.g. cadence of exhibitions, auction strategy, number of artworks, other ideas for promoting your art and artists, etc.

Verisart would provide a mix of:

• Individual artist drops (every three weeks)
  • Curated selections of artworks by several artists (every quarter)
  • Drops curated by guests curators from the contemporary art world or NFT space (ad hoc)

All works would be 1 of 1 works and drops would consist of individual works or a related series of works. Artworks would be sold through timed auctions with timings and reserve price determined in consultation with the artist.

Artists would be promoted through Verisart’s social media channels, newsletters and editorial content. When working with artists already represented by galleries from the physical art world we would also advise the gallery on best practices for promoting the work. Verisart has an in-house marketing team and a designer who would organize and support promotion for the drops.

Through our partner galleries, Verisart also has access to physical exhibition spaces. These physical spaces enable us to support artists who are interested in showing both physical and digital works. The link between physical and digital artworks can be blockchain-registered through Verisart certificates.

How do you plan to structure commission rates for the artists who release in your Space?

Verisart’s aim is to support artists and the causes they care about. Our commission rate would be fixed at 15%, 5% going to the DAO and 10% to Verisart for providing advice to the artist, helping to manage the sale and promoting the work.

To you, what is the importance of NFTs as a medium/technology? Where do you see the NFT and CryptoArt space in five years?

NFTs are changing the face of the creator economy and have enlarged the definition and participation of the art market. The technology underpinning NFTs provides transactional authenticity and price transparency, creating a more open market both for creators and collectors. The smart-contract royalties are finally providing the financial rewards that creators and artists deserve for their work. Beyond NFTs as a medium or technology, this new space has also seen a huge rise in creator-led communities and is bringing creators and collectors closer together as they interact more than ever before. The next phase will be more mainstream adoption of NFTs across the entire art market from crypto to street to contemporary to virtual and interactive experiences. As they say, buckle up, this ride is just beginning!

Truffle Mac N Cheese - Verisart has been around since 2015, we’re experienced and dependable but we’re always looking to innovate and create something special that stands out.

Verisart believes that the future of art is both digital and physical, we’re seeing many contemporary artists explore the NFT spaces and NFT and Crypto artists produce prints and other physical work. Through our digital SuperRare Space and our partner galleries’ physical spaces, we want to support artists in the most comprehensive way possible to showcase the breadth of their creations and creativity.

Space name / Team name:

•Crypto Native Art Collective and Crypto Native Art

"Weaving the web of Indian Country” into the world wide web by creating a village expressing the soul of North American Indian Art and Indian Country.*

Name of primary contact: Sheree Lincoln

Names of additional Space admins: James “Kingsawin” Reed - Tongass Tribe of the Tlingit People and Alaskan Native

@sheree Sheree Lincoln

@kingsawin James “Kingsawin” Reed ~ The Crypto Native

www.shereelincoln.com

Sheree Lincoln is a live aboard Sailor, Wellness Coach, Web Designer and an Artist who paints in fluid acrylic with quick, vibrant strokes of color. She attended The New York School of Interior Design and also has a Web Design Certificate with over 20 years of internet marketing and visual concepts experience. She was featured in Yahoo Internet Life Magazine’s Sites to watch in 1997 and is an entrepreneur, early adopter, visionary thinker and former owner of 2 art galleries.

www.kingsawin.com/

James “Kingsawin” Reed is an Alaskan Native, Sailor, a 4th generation Formline Artist and Shipwright of the Tlingit People from the Pacific Northwest Coast of North America. The Tlingit and Haida tribes create Pacific Northwest Formline Art in both print and carving as demonstrated by their carving, totem poles, canoes and weaving. Kingsawin, a 4th generation shipwright and artisan, is an emerging artist who is retiring from boat building this year to become a culture bearer for his people and to create art full time honoring the tradition of his Grandfather Charles Brown, a Master Totem Pole Carver, who many recognize as one of the lead carvers on the the Ketchikan Totem Park Restoration Projects in Alaska and the totem pole in Pioneer Square in Seattle, Washington.

The Crypto Native Gallery website is under construction with a launch date of November 12th.

Twitter: @cryptonativeart
Instagram: @cryptonativeart
Facebook: @cryptonativeart
OpenSea: @cryptonativeart

We do have user names as spaceholders on Crypto.com and Rarible and Discord allowing for further development. We are primarily focused on SuperRare right now and thankful for the opportunity to be a finalist.

Discord.com: CryptoNativeArt#7586

For 2020 Kingsawin featured some of his formline art studies through the website and social media for A Pony On My Boat and Etsy for Facemasks during the Pandemic and a clothing line. He will not be releasing his more advanced art and sculptures until 2022 so he will have time to focus on developing this SuperRare Gallery Project.

www.aponyonmyboat.com
Insta: @aponyonmyboat
Facebook: aponyonmyboat
Etsy: APONYONMYBOAT

Summary/manifesto of your Space.

• The Crypto Native Art Collective will establish itself as a Native American NFT Collectibles Art Gallery, honoring our ancestors, by utilizing the traditional power of the collective for North American Indigenous Art for emerging and established artists.

• This SuperRare Space will be creating sovereignty as understood from a place of spirit by weaving Indigenous Art Into The Web through a collective. Sovereignty and provenance are important components for Artists and especially Native Artists.

• We believe in creating a decentralized art world where the Indigenous cultural capital produced, under the broad category of Native American Art, can be digitally marketed as NFT Crypto Art for the benefit of Native American Artists from the Pacific Coast to the East Coast, in Canada and the United States.

What is the unique value prop / elevator pitch?

Indigenous Artists and culture bearers will have the opportunity to showcase their works and be part of a larger village of Indigenous artists bringing awareness of the art from over recognized 1000 tribes creating a village expressing the soul of North American Indian Art and Indian Country.

We will be sharing the story and the history of our art and our people. Co-founder James “Kingsawin” Reed is very excited about “Creating Sovereignty as understood from a place of spirit by weaving Indigenous Art Into The Web
through a collective”.

• The manner in which SuperRare artworks are minted, directly by the original artist, will create a digital legacy for Native American Artists through blockchain art. NFT art and The Crypto Native Art Space will globalize and re-establish trade routes for the art in the tradition of the Native Trade Routes that were used for thousands of years.

• Since the curators of Crypto Native Art are artists themselves, and are experienced at working with artists, with one being an indigenous artist and the other a web designer, we have the tools and ability to promote this new cutting edge digital format and community. We have the technical skills to grow successfully as the NFT Crypto Art format becomes more mainstream. We will also plan to create a positions for Native Americans with degrees in curation, digital media and more.

• Kingsawin is also one of the Grandchildren of the famous Tlingit Master Carver on the Totem Pole Projects in Ketchikan, Alaska. We will be creating The Charles Brown Endowment to benefit member Tlingit and Haida Artists with a portion of the Galleries percentage.

• We also have the skills to work with select artists, coordinate and promote drops, and help them build their own following and collector base as we grow Crypto Native Art online with the help of this CryptoArt Space.

What type of art will you focus on?

• Crypto Native Art we will feature the art of established and emergent Indigenous Artists, traditionally known as American Indian Art and the Visual Art of the Americas, who will have the opportunity to showcase their works and be part of a larger community of Indigenous artists bringing awareness of the art from over recognized 500 tribes on United States and over 600 tribes in Canada. We will also include artists with verifiable heritage, that may not be tribal members, who can provide proof of lineal descendancy. We will also include the Inuit and other Indigenous peoples; focusing on North America initially.

How will your Space stand out among the crowd?

• Our Crypto Native Art Space will be one of the first to feature art created by North American Indigenous Peoples in a digitally curated space that will provide surety that buyers/collectors are obtaining what was traditionally known as Native American Art Or Native Indian Art, with a digital provenance under the title North American Indigenous Art and North American Native Art – Not Native American Style Art. We will feature traditional art and contemporary art.

• Sheree Lincoln has created two physical art galleries in her art career. One featuring over 25 emerging artists and one featuring her own paintings and the works of two internationally recognized sculptors. She has presented and sold art at Art Shows and Art Walks for both herself and other artists which gives her a keen eye regarding collecting and sales.

• Our team has utilized internet marketing, including social media and live events to expand artist’s following. Sheree Lincoln has participated in ArtPrize twice and collaborated with artists around the world. She was a gallery owner representing over 25 artists including national and internationally recognized sculptors. As a web designer and marketing consultant for over 20 years she has experience with online auctions and other art shows. She also served on an arts council board for over 3 years planning events, setting up art shows and helping to curate the gallery for the arts council. Her work creating and teaching educational art classes for adults and youth also provides valuable experience. Both Sheree and Kingsawin have been making art for over 40 years.

Are there new artists you’d like to bring into the Space in the first six months?

• Yes and we will be reaching out to many more artists in the first six months.

What is your relationship to them?

• Family and Tribal members starting with Tlingit and Haida and other First Nations cultures and North American tribal people.

Are there any artists already in the CryptoArt space that you are planning to work with for this Space?

• Yes.

+David Neel - Kwakuital - Vancouver BC

An established and prolific Photographer, Northwest Coast Native Jeweler and Artist working in the Kwakiutl / Haida style who has been minting NFT Art and has works in many museums and has written three books about indigenous life.

Twitter: @NativeJeweler
Insta: @davidneelartist
OpenSea: opensea.io/Native-American-NFT

+Blake Angeconeb - Lac Seul First Nation - Canada
*Blake Angeconeb is an established Anishinaabe woodlands artist who hails from Treaty 3 territory. Blake’s primary practice is blending the school of woodlands art with pop culture references.

Twitter: @blakeangeconeb
Insta: @blakeangeconeb/
Foundation: @blakeangeconeb

bear-quinn-hopkins

+Quinn Hopkins - Anishinaabe - Toronto, Ontario

Quinn Hopkins is an emerging Digital, AR, VR artist and Painter, Rock-painter and Mural artist. He is a student at OCAD U studying Drawing & Painting for his Bachelor of FineArts. He was recently featured on CBC for his involvement with the innovative non-fungibletokens (NFT’s) and empowering other indigenous artists with the technology.

SuperRare: @indigital
Twitter: @IndigitalETH
Insta: @indigital.eth
Foundation: foundation.app/@Indigital

+Shana Yellow Calf Lukinich - Northern Arapaho - Wyoming

Shana Yellow Calf Lukinich, an enrolled member of the Northern Arapaho in Wyoming, has been producing art in various mediums since the 1990s. Her contemporary art reflects her plains heritage, her mother’s Chippewa/Metis ancestry, along with a Pacific Northwest Coastal influence from the Puget Sound area of Washington where she grew up.

Instagram: @10buffalosartwrk/

+Rico Worl - Tlingit/Athabacan - Juneau, Alaska

Rico Lanáat’ Worl is a Tlingit/Athabacan designer. His work speaks to the experience of living with traditional values as a modern person. He is the founder of Trickster Company along with his sister, artist Crystal Worl, which strives to promote innovative indigenous design. Rico is the designer of the Raven Story Stamp for the US Postal Service. He and Crystal recently collaborate with Google to celebrate Native Heritage Month with Google Pixel Wallpapers.

Instagram: @ricoworl

+Owen L Oliver - Coast Salish - Washington

Owen L. Oliver (Quinault / Isleta Pueblo) comes from the people of the Lower Columbia River, Salish Sea, and Southwest Pueblos. He grew up in Ketchikan, Alaska and Seattle where in 2021 he graduated from the University of Washington with a degree in American Indian Studies and Political Science. Through these disciplines he’s been able to create and manage projects that range from community work, art, education, and influence on local and federal policy. His work is concentrated in Indigenous education and cultural representation, a path that he’s learned from his connection to Tribal Canoe Journeys.

Instagram: @owenloliver/

Have they committed to participating yet?

• 1 through 6 above have said yes. We have also reached out to others who we have not heard back from yet.

Supaman AKA Billy ills, Jarrod Galanin, Bunkhaus, Ben Pease, MrWereWulf, HarrisSisters, Emily Kewwageshig, Larry Yazzie as well as the First Nations Foundation, Collective49, Israel Shotridge…

Please provide any additional details you can about how you plan to operate this Space; e.g. cadence of exhibitions, auction strategy, number of artworks, other ideas for promoting your art and artists, etc.

• As we build our Artist base we will be developing our format. Our methods will be created and developed in communication with our artists and include their ideas into the cadence, auction strategy and ideas for promotion.

• Including our Native Artists in this process of creating collective celebrates including Indigenous traditional values as we expand globally into the digital trade routes. It also echoes the manner in which decisions are made for SuperRare as a whole.

•As we build our artist base our methods will be enhanced by communication with the tribal Governance and or Artist Councils of each nation with regard to the art selection process.

•With each purchase collectors will be supporting a specific tribe and the tribal artist within that Indian Country as well as the First Nations and American Native Peoples as a whole.

• The timeline for our drops may be based on the traditional calendar celebrations of our tribal people.

• 5% SR DAO Commission
10% Storefront Commission
85% Artist Royalty

We believe 10% is an acceptable based to include the support that may be necessary to bring an individual artist’s art into the digital realm as an NFT. We will hire graphic designers, creative services for staffing or contracted them to be efficient in our curation, use the best techniques and create jobs for Native Americans. We plan to support our artists by assisting in marketing through web development and social media to build a following for their art. There are a lot of avenues, not unlike the trading trail, for grants through Native Agencies and other programs for First Nations Artists to help the Crypto Native Art Collective gallery grow.

• Our featured Artists, as a collective, will decide where to donate or grant a percentage of the income to groups or individual artist’s for educational programs to assist them in moving in the NFT Digital Art World and becoming part of the Crypto Native Art Tribe.

To you, what is the importance of NFTs as a medium/technology?

• We finally have a two sided coin that serves the artist and the art buyer. It takes meta data and watermarking, to a new level, without intruding on the art itself.

Where do you see the NFT and CryptoArt space in five years?

• Exploding and morphing into uniquely curated art galleries and communities changing the way we look at and market digital art as well as increasing its value as collectible CryptoArt and traditional art.

• Indian Fry Bread because it is a blank canvas that can be enhanced through creativity and is not limited by one particular spice or topping just like art is not limited by one particular medium or format. Equally the Indigenous Art of the Americas is not limited to one tribe or people. Fry Bread Art by Shana Yellow Calf Lukinich of 10 Buffalos.

• We are very aware of the security issues of digital art and provenance and we are extremely excited that NFT’s and this platform has been needed for a long time. We are excited to continue the conversation and development of a North American Indigenous NFT Crypto Art Space by creating a Space for Crypto Native Art that is verifiable as legitimate visual art of Native Americans and indigenous people. We may consider expanding inclusion of the art of Indigenous Peoples around the world.

• Please be aware that we only found out about SuperRare Space 4 days before the submission date and are just now bringing artists in. Currently our reach is to Pacific Northwest Artists because our co-founder is Native Alaskan and a member of Tlingit Haida and Sea Alaska. We continue to reach out to tribes and indigenous people all over the American Continent.

*Quote: "Weaving the web of Indian Country” by Ingrid Washinawatok El-Issa - Menominee. Celebrated human rights activist and change-maker.

1 Space name / team name:

BLAKKAT

2 Name of primary contact:

Jean Jaques Ribi (JJRibi) Fine Artist, creative director, marketing expert, $rare holder

3 Names of additional Space admins:

Mentalist 420 Curator, Collector, Community Builder

Cristina Grasso, Curator, Art Dealer, Art Advisor

4 SuperRare username(s) of everyone who will be a Space admin:

https://superrare.com/jjribi

5 Short bio of you and/or your team:

Cristina Grasso

Art dealer and curator, specialized in Modern and Contemporary Art, advisor and manager for some of the most renowned private collections in Europe, counting artists the likes of Picasso, Kandinsky, Paul Klee, Monet, Magritte, etc.

Worked for the most exclusive collectors in the art world with clients in Saudi Arabia, Europe, USA and UK.

Former Director of Gam Gallery Monaco and Marlborough Gallery Monaco, two of Europe’s former finest art galleries

Recognized for managing the trade of Monet first impressionist painting “Prise vue Monaco” to Monaco’s Prince Albert, considered one of the most relevant private transaction in the past decades.

Mentalist420

Mentalist, as the name suggests, is a man of mystery. Little details are known about his life and true identity. Impossible to separate the man from the myth, tales of his persona are whispered through the backchannels of the metaverse, often attributing him with qualities bordering the supernatural. Is he human? Alien? An advanced AI? His paranormal feats keep us guessing.

We know for certain he was in the crypto space very early, his outstanding collection of over 700 1/1 is legendary as well as his eye for discovering new talents.

We know his synaptic influence reaches very high in the hierarchies, enough to meet one of the fathers of Ethereum, resulting in a famous 100 ETH art transaction.

In the NFT space he is viewed like an oracle, selflessly dispensing advises and offering patronage to whomever seeks it.

Raised 3.5 Millions during his tenure as advisor for several cryptocurrency programs.

Raised $600k under his first official program tenure with Slyguise

Countless artists owe him eternal gratitude for his guidance and many revere him in awe for never asking anything in return. A man of the people, for the people, a legion stands behind him and his credo: You win, We win

Jean Jaques Ribi

Awarded digital artist, father of Photopaint, since 2004 his work was exhibited in Galleries in Europe, USA and Latin America, as well as fine institutions the likes of MOLAA museum in Los Angeles, Contemporary Art Museum in Panama, Museum of National Identity Honduras, Art Basel Miami, etc.

https://www.jjribi.com/about.html

20 years of experience in the fine art market and an extensive network spreading across the western world, coupled with an outstanding career in advertising production, marketing and communications, having worked in projects for clients like Audi, Lamborghini, Ikea, Lufthansa, BMW etc.

His experience gives him both intimate knowledge of the art market, with close connections to many relevant digital artists, as well as the expertise to promote artists and ventures according to the highest standards in the market.

6 Website & Social Media Links:

JJRIBI:

www.jjribi.com

https://twitter.com/ribi_jj

https://www.linkedin.com/in/jean-ribi-630611174

Cristina Grasso

https://www.linkedin.com/in/cristina-grasso-bb781442

Mentalist 420

https://twitter.com/mentalist420

https://oncyber.io/mentxlistcrypt

7 Summary/manifesto of your Space. What is the unique value prop / elevator pitch? What type of art will you focus on? How will your Space stand out among the crowd?

Blakkat intends to be a space that bridges the traditional art market with the new digital art movement.

With a team of specialists in each sector, we strive to bring to the NFT space a new flow of collectors, artists and connections with renowned institutions.

The NFT market is still in its early phase, although still thriving, we are fully aware that the main volume of liquidity hasn’t entered the space yet.

With our initiative we plan to expand the boundaries of the digital domain, reaching for the yet untouched pool of resources and potential buyers outside the space: we aim to create synergies with recognized institutions, to establish NFTs as a lasting reality in the Fine Arts world.

Blakkat sets out to be a 2 ways portal, bringing digital artists to traditional markets as well as traditional artists to the digital market. Such strategy will bring the eyes of new collectors to our space, and subsequently a fresh injection of liquidity for a sustainable long term growth

Along with this commitment, we plan to establish the Blakkat brand in the NFT space, which will serve as a platform to trace a consistent growth for our artists, offering all sorts of promotional tools, marketing strategies and assistance, granting access to our team’s expertise for their personal projects.

8 Describe you/your team’s experience curating and promoting artwork:
For the sake of keeping the proposal as concise as possible, we will be answering question 8 in the same statement under question Number 9

9 Describe you/your team’s experience organizing exhibitions, making art sales, running auctions, networking with collectors, etc.

Blakkat has 2 fields of operations: the first inside the NFT space and second in the traditional fine art market:

Inside the NFT market, Mentalist420 is a renowned collector, famous for some of the most successful trades in the space, counting over 200 $ETH in sales on secondary market.

With a network of 32k followers and counting, his communication and mastery of the algorithm give him a reach of 3 Millions viewers each months.

His art threads count with thousands of participants and the highest rate of sales.

His influence is given by the unbiased and selfless dedication to the space, making him one of the most recognized and trustworthy figures in the NFT world.

Outside the space Cristina Grasso operates among the highest echelons in the fine art world, counting clients like Prince Albert, a few Saudi royals as well as the top collectors in Europe.

Former director of renowned galleries, manager of some of Europe’s most important collections, she organized and curated exhibitions for the likes of Venice Biennale and Monaco’s Yacht Club and renowned artists like Fedor Suskov and Giovanni Grifo

With over 35 years of experience in the fine arts world, Cristina has developed close relationships with important institutions and is well connected with all the main auction houses.

As virtual gallery we already established a relationship with Sotheby’s directors who are already following our project with great interest.

Jen Jaques Ribi is a skilled artist with 2 decades of experience in the art market as well as advertising, marketing and promotional strategies.

Expert in psychology of communication and social engineering, he offers a unique expertise applicable to the digital market.

The long experience as producer in advertising, art events, fashion shows and festivals, makes him a complete professional in terms of production and communication, able to singlehandedly produce and coordinate communication for any scale of event, both in the digital space as well as the physical world.

This team constitutes all together a trifecta, mastering network, knowhow and expertise, we guarantee peak performance on all aspects of our business model.

10 Are there new artists you’d like to bring into the Space in the first six months? What is your relationship to them?

These are the two artists we are considering for the first 6 months:

Ellen Sandor, one of the most influential digital artists in USA’s high society, wife of Richard Sandor, chairman and CEO of the American Financial Exchange, head of the renowned Sandor Art Collection.
Dear friend, she and JJRibi have exhibited together and her husband is one of his collectors.
https://www.sandor-collection.com

Lesa Amoore, famous ex top model, now celebrity fine art photographer, known for working closely with Gigi Hadid and other top show-business figures, as well as renowned brands and magazines.

She is intimate friend with JJRibi with the 2 collaborating in an art collection

Other names like Juliette Jourdain, Hannah Yata, come to mind, but most importantly, our network can virtually reach any artist, including the ones of the caliber of JR

We also have an ambitious strategy to bring about the association of NFTs to works from the great masters of ‘900: by offering NFTs as a means of authentication and track record for the greatest artworks of the past century, we strive to open their market to the crypto space.

Just imagine the implications that an NFT Picasso will entail, in terms of exposure, relevance and status for the NFT world

11 Are there any artists already in the CryptoArt space that you are planning to work with for this Space? Have they committed to participating yet?

In the space talks have been initiated with more than a dozen artists.
The core group of already committed artists are:

Natalie Shau: considered one of top photo artists in the world, published in Vogue, featured by Wacom, 100k followers in instagram, managed by Opera Gallery

Paul Massey: multi awarded digital artist, 30 years of experience, working for blue chip clients, 2 CG society Golden Award, 3D Total Excellence Award

Xenotrip: master 3D sculptor and animator, C4D/Redshift astounding workflow. Grown up in Middle-East , raised in a post-war dystopian environment, his creations are forged by hardship and adversities.

JJRibi: multi awarded digital artist, part of Coca Cola collection, part of Sandor Collection, digital pioneer in fine art market, formerly part of MOLAA Museum collection

Sen Paul: Self taught 3d modeler and animator, talented story teller, digital filmmaker with multiple awards in CGI, short movies and indie film festivals.

Cassiopeus**:** Digital Artist specialized in retro-punk and dark surrealism: Superrare artist, displayed in local galleries, bigger local expos like White Night and events like WOW Summit in Dubai.
https://superrare.com/cassiopeus

Many other relevant artists have expressed their interest, but are waiting for further developments before being officially included

12 Please provide any additional details you can about how you plan to operate this Space; e.g. cadence of exhibitions, auction strategy, number of artworks, other ideas for promoting your art and artists, etc.

Exhibitions wise Blakkat plans to operate along 3 main avenues, in order to keep a constant yet variated presence on the market:

1 Gallery

Organizing curated exhibitions: These are focused either on solo artists or theme oriented collectives, onboarding both established artist form NFT as well as from the fine art market.

Possible cadence: every 2 months

2 Collective

After a careful process, a curated selection of artists, defining the collective’s core, will have access to mint their artworks on our platform as benefit for adhering to our program

3 Auction House

Twice a year we will be organizing auctions, with the intention of attracting new top tier collectors from traditional art world.

On a recurrent basis, works from represented artists, will be submitted to auction houses and institutions

Each event will entail a full scale production, consisting in coordinated campaigns across all platforms, promotional material like professional videos and images, as well a media kit for press and mainstream media.

13 How do you plan to structure commission rates for the artists who release in your Space?

The Superrare DAO and its platform, retain reciprocally 5% and 3% commissions from primary sales, and a total of 3% on secondary sales commissions.

On top of that, spaces are allocated by default a 10% commission on primary sales, with freedom to change it in the future.
At first launch, commission structures will be set globally for each space, so all artists/releases will require the same commission structure to begin with.

Here is the internal commission structure as we envisioned for the future:

A carefully curated selection of resident artists will have fee minting access to our space, according to a scheduled minting plan. Those mints will be charged a 10% fee dedicated to maintain the space and its operations.

Gallery exhibitions will be charging 10% commissions.

The fee will include production and media plan for promotional material.

Fees for auctions toward external collectors operated from the space will amount to 20%

Fees for submitting artworks to auction houses will amount to 10%

14 To you, what is the importance of NFTs as a medium/technology? Where do you see the NFT and CryptoArt space in five years?

Blakkat considers NFTs the digital renaissance, becoming in the near future, the lead space in the art market.

NFTs will reach way beyond art itself, we know this for certain, as we’re in contact with companies developing digital jewels and tokenization for high profile watches.

We see this space as an ever expanding market that, in the near future, will be trading in all sorts of luxury goods.

15 If your Space were a cocktail or a dish, what would it be and why?

Blakkat is a dish of molecular cusine: mixing tradition with innovation, with a clean surgical methodology, we do not satisfy hunger, we provide unforgettable experiences.

16 Anything else you’d like the community to consider?

Blakkat is ultimately a crypto gallery with the soul of a collective, looking to establish the NFT space amongst the echelons of the fine art world.

Our model is focused on two of the criticalities the NFT space is yet lacking:

1- An artist oriented business model, that will favor their growth as well as offering all the tools necessary to establish their brand in the market.

2- A clear strategy to bring in fresh liquidity and higher number of collectors to the space, aware that the current artists/collectors ratio is unsustainable for the long run.

We are fully committed to make the NFT space as thriving model, bringing to the table effective solutions to impact the whole community at large.

We are prepared, hungry and ambitious, join us and support our journey!

Just reviewed the SR commission structure that was released today on discord, there is an extra 3% we didnt account for meaning our fees/commissions will have to be reviewed on the lower side

Go MetafĂ­sica! vamos LatinoamĂŠrica

1 Like

Hahaha thanks Carlos!

1. Space name / team name:

WheelHouse Art

2. Name of primary contact:

Daniel Pfalzgraf

3. Names of additional Space admins:

N/A

4. SuperRare username(s) of everyone who will be a Space admin:

Daniel Pfalzgraf’s account is @Cr8_alt_del, though a new account will be created for the WheelHouse Art Space.

5. Short bio of you and/or your team:

Daniel Pfalzgraf is a multi-media artist and curator who has been exhibiting art and working for art museums and galleries for over 20 years. He earned a BFA in drawing and sculpture from Murray State University and an MBA from Indiana University Southeast.

January 1, 2021, Pfalzgraf purchased B. Deemer Gallery, a premier art gallery founded in Louisville, Kentucky in 1990. Since taking ownership of the gallery, Pfalzgraf has begun rebranding it as WheelHouse Art, LLC, a multi-faceted fine art and services provider.

Prior to owning WheelHouse Art (WHA), Pfalzgraf was the art curator for the Carnegie Center for Art & History in New Albany, Indiana. Pfalzgraf was also previously Director of the green building gallery, Director of Media Services at B. Deemer Gallery, and an assistant preparator at the Speed Art Museum (all in Louisville, Kentucky) and was the Media Coordinator at Bill Lowe Gallery in Atlanta, Georgia. He has also worked as an independent curator creating exhibitions under the name of LoCAL.gallery.

Pfalzgraf’s most recent series of his own artwork, Kentucky Game, are blind contour drawings on paper painted in with oil paint and other mixed media and explore the themes of attraction, hunting, and collecting. Pfalzgraf has also been developing digital artwork as part of the Kentucky Game series.

Beyond art, his interests include wolves, soccer, skateboarding, and ice cream. In that order. Woof.

6. Website & Social Media Links:

WheelHouse Art, LLC:

https://www.facebook.com/WheelHouseArtGallery

https://www.instagram.com/wheelhouseartgallery/

Daniel Pfalzgraf:

https://dpfalzgraf.com/home.html

https://twitter.com/PfalzCity

7. Summary/manifesto of your Space. What is the unique value prop / elevator pitch? What type of art will you focus on? How will your Space stand out among the crowd?

The WheelHouse Art (WHA) Space will be an online exhibition extension of the WheelHouse Art brick-and-mortar space.

WHA will focus on multi-disciplinary artist, integrating artwork that crosses over both digital and analog worlds. The goal of WHA is to expand the practice, appreciation, and collecting of contemporary art, and digital-based work through platforms like SuperRare is an opportunity for growth.

The biggest room for growth in NFTs is engaging with art enthusiasts who have little to no experience creating, displaying, and collecting digital artwork. The current NFT audience are heavily skewed towards a young and technically savvy individuals. WHA will engage with base audiences already on the SuperRare platform, while growing participation by catering to multi-generational artists and collectors who aren’t new to art collecting, but new to NFTs through it’s well-established gallery.

8. Describe you/your team’s experience curating and promoting artwork:

Daniel Pfalzgraf began curating art exhibitions in 2010 when he started independently curating in Louisville, Kentucky under the name LoCAL.gallery, where he curated exhibitions for the Speed Art Museum, the Muhammad Ali Center, and the City of Louisville Metro Hall, among other spaces. Shortly thereafter, he curated shows for the green building gallery, which he ran from 2012 – 2015.

Prior to becoming a gallery owner in January, Daniel Pfalzgraf was the curator for the Carnegie Center for Art and History from 2015 – 2020. In all, Pfalzgraf has organized over 50 exhibitions over the past 11 years, over 40 of which he curated himself.

Pfalzgraf’s life mission has always been to expand the understanding and appreciation of contemporary art to more people. That mission began as an artist creating unique, immersive installation-based artwork, and has continued to grow through his curation practices. At the heart of his curating, Pfalzgraf seeks unique, personal associations to attract broad audiences, and populates the exhibitions with high-quality work. By providing a point of reference to start with, exhibitions curated by Pfalzgraf give viewers a level of comfort that allows them to freely explore the artwork regardless of how much experience they’ve had with contemporary art in the past.

Here is a sampling of just some of the exhibitions Pfalzgraf curated while at the Carnegie Center that represent the diversity of art, themes, and artists Pfalzgraf promoted through the museum:

#BlackArtMatters, February 3 – April 9, 2017

This is an exhibit born out of the #BlackLivesMatter movement, created to provide space for people to be seen and heard. This exhibition is about sharing histories and celebrate lives, and to encourage understanding and respect among neighbors. In this moment in history, the Carnegie Center for Art & History felt a sense of urgency to share our space to highlight the work and vision of both local and national African American artists to bring national conversations to our space and community.

Artists include: Ray Dalton, Stephen Flemister, Robyn Gibson, Natasha Giles, Christina Long, Fahamu Pecou, LaNia Roberts, Dread Scott, Scheherazade Tillet, Shawn Michael Warren

Pulp Art: Out of the gutter and on the walls, May 12 – July 8, 2017

An exhibition exploring the enduring influence of comics, an art form created for the masses, and the personal, individual influence comics has had with each of the artists in this exhibition. A direct evolutionary line can be traced from early Superman to Stan Lee to Robert Crumb to the artists included in Pulp Art: Out of the gutter and on the walls. The variation of voice and style born from the humble pulp beginnings is truly remarkable.

Artists included: Kerry James Marshall, Joel Mcdonald, Andrei Molotiu, Yoko Molotov, Niagara, Robert Pruitt, Seth Scantlen, Malcolm Mobutu Smith, Britt Spencer, Fred Stonehouse

Biophilia Life; or, My Best Friend Has Four Legs and a Tail, December 14, 2018 – February 9, 2019

A group exhibition featuring work by prominent local and national artists who explore the unique connection between humankind and domesticated animals.

Artists included: Rachael Banks, Malcolm Bucknall, Timothy Callaghan, Gaela Erwin, Carlos Gamez de Francisco, Sonya Yong James, Douglas Miller, William Wegman

Blunt: Inspiration in Transition, August 3 – September 28, 2019

A group exhibition of artwork by prominent local and national artists whose lives and work are influenced by the creative culture of skateboarding. This exhibition was created to celebrate the New Albany Flow Park—a 15,000 square foot skateable work of public art spearheaded by Daniel Pfalzgraf and opened in 2019.

Artist included: Leo Baker, Lori Damiano, Mark Gonzales, Ben Horton, Matthew McDole, Joseph Minek, Don Pendleton, Jared Steffensen, Tony Tafuro, Leon Washere

OSRS Presents… Marks on Society, December 7, 2019 – February 8, 2020

A graffiti-inspired art exhibition presenting work by some of the best graffiti artists in the area for an exhibition of graffiti painted directly on the walls inside the museum. Marks on Society was a changing exhibition, altered and updated during the course of the show similar to how popular graffiti spots get painted on, buffed out, and painted over again.

By highlighting the artistry, people, and process of the graffiti art form, Marks on Society challenged stereotypes of street art and transformed the museum space. Gallery text and programs shared the history of graffiti, terms and lessons on different styles, materials, culture, and intentions of artists.

Artists included: Levis, Jiggle, Wasp, and MFK

Permanent and Natural, February 21 – August 1, 2020

A group show featuring hair as a form of personal expression, as cultural relic, and as artistic medium. Permanent and Natural explored the diverse contexts in which artists have incorporated the natural, malleable material that is deeply connected to individual and community identity.

Artists include: Alison Braun, Sonya Clark, CreativeSoul Photography, Y. Malik Jalal, James Russell May, Gabrielle Mayer, Fahamu Pecou, Steve Spencer, Alexis Eke, Stacey Vest

9. Describe you/your team’s experience organizing exhibitions, making art sales, running auctions, networking with collectors, etc.

Pfalzgraf has worked in art museums for over seven years, and in commercial art galleries for over 14 years. He has organized over 50 exhibitions in the past 11 years, over 40 of which he curated himself. He has also juried over a dozen more exhibitions over that time.

It was his extensive work with art collectors that made him realize it was time to leave his stable career as an art curator at a museum to become a gallery owner. Seeing gaps in the art market that weren’t being served, Pfalzgraf has expanded the gallery he took over with more work and services. This has led to the gallery to being on pace for one of its best years in its 30-plus year history.

Much of this success can be attributed to Pfalzgraf’s experience working with artists and collectors, building exhibitions and marketing them. In the past ten months, Pfalzgraf has increased the gallery’s Instagram followers by 55.5% since taking over. He has also created a new gallery website, replacing an outdated site that wasn’t mobile friendly to one with ecommerce capabilities. These updates, combined with a dedicated online marketing program, have already seen a net positive effect with multiple online sales of artwork from new clients, shipping artwork to multiple states throughout the Eastern United States.

10. Are there new artists you’d like to bring into the Space in the first six months? What is your relationship to them?

11. Are there any artists already in the CryptoArt space that you are planning to work with for this Space? Have they committed to participating yet?

A primary focus for WheelHouse Art (WHA) is to promote and support art and artists connected to Louisville, Kentucky and regionally throughout the Southern and Midwestern United States (Kentucky, Indiana, Ohio, Illinois, Tennessee, Georgia, Alabama, Missouri, Virginia, West Virginia, Michigan, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin).

WHA will achieve this first by bringing in new artists to the platform from the region who have little experience in the NFT universe. That will get creators here recognized more broadly outside of the region. Kentucky is a state full of talent, but largely behind the curve when it comes to societal-technological advances. WheelHouse Art has been developing a roster of artists whose artwork readily translates between traditional physical artwork and digital formats. A few of the artists who have express interest in showing with the gallery digitally include:

Madison Cawein Login • Instagram

DB Ka$h Login • Instagram

Thaniel Ion Lee Login • Instagram

Matthew McDole Login • Instagram

Yoko Molotov Login • Instagram

Sazi Thomas Login • Instagram

Aggie Zed Login • Instagram

Another opportunity for WHA to support the artists and collectors here would be to exhibit already established artists showing work on CryptoArt platforms in an effort to educate collectors and show artists what is possible.

WHA has not contacted any current CryptoArtists about the possibility of exhibiting in this online Space yet, but would begin reaching out to some of the contacts owner Daniel Pfalzgraf has made over the years engaging with the community on Twitter, at Eyeo Festival, or while working on an exhibition for the Carnegie Center that subsequently got cancelled when Pfalzgraf left to take over the gallery (*more on that later, see question 16).

12. Please provide any additional details you can about how you plan to operate this Space; e.g. cadence of exhibitions, auction strategy, number of artworks, other ideas for promoting your art and artists, etc.

WheelHouse Art’s (WHA) current exhibition schedule currently runs on approximately 60 day cycles, or roughly six full-gallery change-overs per year. The gallery features one main primary exhibition of a solo, duo or group of artists, as well as two to six smaller secondary collections of artists’ works on display throughout the gallery.

Each main primary exhibition typically has approximately one to two dozen pieces on display at a time, and stay on display for the full 60+ day exhibition period. The smaller featured secondary collections exhibit up to a half dozen pieces by a single artist and the amount of time the work is on view is less defined. Sometimes they will stay on view for the full 60+ day period as the main primary featured exhibition, while sometimes they may get changed out after a period of a few weeks.

The WHA Space on SuperRare would likely follow a similar pattern. Initially, the online exhibitions may be independent of the physical exhibitions on view in the gallery space as the gallery works on developing its base of artists who create both analog and digital artwork. Eventually, WHA will integrate exhibitions in both spaces simultaneously. So, for example, an exhibition of artwork by Yoko Molotov will be hosted with analog work in the gallery space while digital work will be available online at the SuperRare WHA Space. Ideally, WHA would include a display in the gallery space showing the WHA Space, so visitors to the physical gallery will more readily associate the two exhibitions as being a part of one larger experience. And from the opposite side, visitors to the SuperRare WHA Space will have links to view and purchase the physical artwork available should they be interested in the owning cross-media work by an artist.

For clarification, the artists themselves will decide what they create artistically. The digital work they make may be a separate experience from the physical work should they so choose. Sometimes the two bodies of work may reference one another, and at other times they may decide to make one-for-one versions of the same imagery (like displaying prints of their digital pieces, for example).

Exhibitions and artists will be promoted online via website, email newsletters, social media platforms, and dedicated press releases the gallery’s 160+ media contacts, as well as through paid online advertising, primarily via Google and social media. WHA will also likely offer discounts on physical artwork sold in the gallery to anyone who also purchases digital work through the WHA Space.

As of now, WHA plans to roll out auctions six to 12 months after the WHA Space has opened, allowing the Space to accumulate enough traffic/followers to produce demand for competing bids. WHA will likely begin by offering auctions of individual pieces or small collections of work by in the secondary collections. This will allow new collectors to the space to become acclimated to the process of bidding. As auction action matures in the Space, WHA will open more auctions with artwork in the primary featured exhibitions. The details may change, but as of right now WHA will likely offer a “buy now” price for collectors when an exhibition opens. About three weeks after an exhibition opens, a portion of the pieces on view will be become available for auction, with a reserve price of approximately 60% of the buy now price. The auctions will remain open for one week. During the last week of an exhibition, the remaining works that are still available will be put up on auction with a reserve price of 50% of the buy now price.

13. How do you plan to structure commission rates for the artists who release in your Space?

The physical WheelHouse Art (WHA) gallery space operates with traditional artist/gallery commission rate of 50% Artist/50% Gallery sales splits.

However, given the reduced overhead anticipated operating the WHA Space online, and the engagement curve of starting a new space, WHA expects to initially start with the default 85% Artist/10% WHA Space/5% SuperRare sales commission splits. As the WHA brand expands, with steady track record of increased sales and more money and resources are poured into maintaining and promoting the Space, WHA will likely increase its commission another 5% for a sales breakdown of 80% Artist/15% WHA/5% SuperRare.

One thing Daniel Pfalzgraf has picked up from the CryptoArt world, and from SuperRare in particular, is the practice of providing artists with commissions off sales not only from the first-time sale of an artwork, but from additional sales on the secondary market. Thanks to this practice that SuperRare has helped make standard practice, WHA also provides a commission split for any living artist whose work is resold through the gallery on behalf of a client, with 65% Seller/30% WHA/5% Artist sales splits of secondary art market sales. A rare, if not otherwise unheard-of, practice in the traditional art world, all thanks to the CryptoArt community.

If WHA Space will also be able to structure commission rates for secondary market sales of work originally purchased in the WHA Space, then it would look to structure something around 90% Seller/8% Artist/2% WHA to 85% Seller/10% Artist/5% WHA sales commission splits.

14. To you, what is the importance of NFTs as a medium/technology? Where do you see the NFT and CryptoArt space in five years?

Everyone knows the ever-increasing integration and consumption of technology, screens, internet access has developed in society, blah, blah, blah…Everything that has been written about how NFT/blockchain technologies are finally providing proof of ownership and provenance to unique digital assets to allow the artworld to catch up and participate in this every expanding digital culture is all true. We all know this, we all get it.

What is really interesting to Daniel Pfalzgraf are other shifts in social practices that NFTs can integrate with more than traditional artwork has. Specifically, he looks at shifts in attitudes towards material ownership and mobility of Millennial and Gen-Y segments. 20 and 30-somethings are purchasing fewer homes, and renting more. Fewer are buying cars, and are instead are relying more on ride-sharing/biking/public transit/etc.

This is a shift in personal mobility, with fewer attachments to spaces and objects. Though that doesn’t mean people will be uninterested in art or collecting. What it means is they aren’t as interested in buying a six-foot wide painting that they have to pack up and take with them every time they move across town or across the country. With NFTs, one only needs internet access to take with you if you want to move to San Francisco for six months, followed by a year in Japan, and everywhere else you may want to live around the world for any amount of time. CryptoArt can also be more readily bought and sold to match your desires and attachments at any given time.

A second aspect to look forward to with CryptoArt over the next five years is the expanding development and integration of 5G and Internet of Things (IoT) technologies. One of the biggest barriers for CryptoArt is the transmutability of viewing artwork. You can easily view your collection on your phone, tablet, or computer, but hopefully Dapp development will better integrate with IoT tech to easily view/display your CryptoArt collection on television screens, as well as screens in vehicles, refrigerators, public spaces, or anywhere someone wants to personalize their environment.

15. If your Space were a cocktail or a dish, what would it be and why?

WheelHouse Art (WHA) is based in Kentucky, so above all else, our answer to this question absolutely must involve bourbon. And being in Louisville, we are particularly attached to Brown-Forman bourbons like Old Forrester, or our favorite Woodford Reserve.

Now that is established, WHA can be characterized best as an Old Fashioned. That may not sound like a great moniker to associate with one of the youngest and most exciting movements in the artworld but let me explain.

The Old Fashioned has been around for a long, long time. WHA was founded 31 years ago, a considerable amount of time for an art gallery. Old Fashioneds are gateway cocktails for people who know they want something nice but may not be familiar with classic cocktails. WHA is above all a service, connecting art lovers and the art curious with art they will love, regardless of how familiar they are with contemporary art. Collectors may not always know what they want when they come here, but they know and trust that we show quality. An Old Fashioned is made with a high-proof bourbon, sugar, bitters, ice, and a garnish. It’s strong, and it can be a little sweet, and sometimes a little bitter. It’s meant for sipping and savoring. The ice lets it go down cool and smooth, while the bourbon still gives a little bite. The garnish is a nice little touch of flare that sets it off.

That is exactly how one would describe WheelHouse Art.

16. Anything else you’d like the community to consider?

You may recognize that while WheelHouse Art and Daniel Pfalzgraf is deep in traditional art experience, their experience with digital and CryptoArt is a little shallower. That is a fair point.

Pfalzgraf has been following digital and CryptoArt since early 2018 like many new followers at the time after stumbling across “What is CryptoArt?” by Jason Baily on Artnome.com. Since then, Pfalzgraf has put himself into the position of experiencing how one engages with CryptoArt both as an artist and a collector by minting work on Pixura, and purchasing artwork on SuperRare.

Pfalzgraf was also working on co-curating an exhibition of digital artwork with Luba Elliott while at the Carnegie Center for Art and History. The show, titled Past Performance as Indicator of Future Outcomes, was going to be the first exhibition of Artificial Intelligence based artwork in the region, and it was going to be exhibiting work entirely by women working with AI. Unfortunately, when Pfalzgraf left the museum to purchase the gallery, the museum leadership decided to cancel the exhibition rather than have him continue working on it.

Even though the Past Performance… exhibition was cancelled, Pfalzgraf still hopes to work with some of the artists that had agreed to participate in that exhibition such as Helena Sarin, Sougwen Chung, Anna Ridler, and Sofia Crespo to name a few.

A SuperRare WHA Space would provide a great opportunity to continue the work started at the Carnegie Center and introduce the work by these artists to this region both in the gallery and in the Space.

Q1. Space name / team name:

NFT Asia

Q2. Name of primary contact:

Willea Zwey

Q3. Names of additional Space admins:

JonSaysRelax, Shavonnewong, Ernest Wu, Zenavi, SpeakCryptic

Q4. SuperRare username(s) of everyone who will be a Space admin:

JonSaysRelax, Shavonnewong, WillZwey, ArtByNafay, Zenavi, SpeakCryptic, Eriharigai, Nightjarr, Ernestwu, Rociel, Claracxw

Q5. Short bio of you and/or your team:

NFT Asia is an open and inclusive community centred on uplifting Asian and Asia-based artists and creatives. Founded by a team of artists and arts workers sitting across the traditional and digital art worlds, we are focused on sharing resources, creating opportunities and fostering close connections. Since we started in March 2021, we now have around 2,500 active members on Discord and nearly 7,000 followers on Twitter, growing exponentially everyday.

Q6. Website & Social Media Links:

Discord: nft asia
Twitter: https://twitter.com/nft_asia
Instagram: Login • Instagram

Q7. Summary/manifesto of your Space. What is the unique value prop / elevator pitch? What type of art will you focus on? How will your Space stand out among the crowd?

NFT Asia’s Space will be the premier NFT destination for Asian and Asia-based artists to showcase the highest standards of art that is not only aesthetic but responds to the cultural zeitgeist. Through our strong engagement and access to artists who are in different stages of their career including those that are emerging and looking for a premier platform to showcase and mint their work, the Space will be uniquely positioned to raise awareness by highlighting the underrepresented and also present the diversity of art styles and themes within the community.

Q8. Describe you/your team’s experience curating and promoting artwork:

As a team, NFT Asia has been organising community events and Twitter campaigns regularly since March to promote artists and artworks. We have supported numerous drop parties, artist talks, working closely with individual collectors within the Discord to advise on their private exhibitions.

Beyond conventional modes of exhibition, we have demonstrated our curatorial efforts through various artist spotlight sessions that have directly and indirectly resulted in artwork sales. In the past two months, our team member, Ninaad Kothawade, has led weekly campaigns for our Twitter and Discord, selecting artworks based on our online submissions to feature emerging artists’ works on our sites. Speak Cryptic, another member of the team, has been building an independent resource, NFT Asia Directory, which features talented artists active within the community. The Directory is developed specifically with the aim of highlighting committed and promising artists to collectors and connoisseurs.

We have been actively promoting artwork sales of our members through various initiatives, such as working with Try Showtime on a weekly campaign to highlight Asian artists. We curated a list of artists from Singapore/Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand, Indian/Pakistan, Rest of Asia (and beyond) to spotlight talented artists from these locations. These included Twitter campaigns and artists talks.

https://twitter.com/tryShowtime/status/1436289545876742144?s=20 https://twitter.com/nft_asia/status/1438082118559567882?s=20

Through our strong engagement with the community, we hold regular Twitter Spaces on “Unspoken Rules in NFTs”, we hold pitch sessions for artists to practice and build confidence, we also conduct workshops on various topics such as “How to Write About Your Art”, specifically aimed to empower artists. Thus, we are often the first stop for emerging artists to dip their toes into NFTs, and a valuable space that successful artists also continuously return to.

Q9. Describe you/your team’s experience organizing exhibitions, making art sales, running auctions, networking with collectors, etc.

Our effort to promote and spotlight Asian artists comes in various ways: as NFT Asia and members of the team, we have supported several collector exhibitions such as @Bittm and @ArchanNair’s Horizon exhibition through facilitating the selection process and providing curatorial advice. We also work with platforms like Tryshowtime to highlight artists from selected regions across Asia and the rest of the world.

Clara, one of the team members leading the Space, leads a robust art program and is the main curator for a contemporary art space in Singapore. In her role, she curates exhibitions, manages artist and collector relations, brokers artwork sales in partnership with commercial galleries, and provides arts consultancy services for HNW individuals. She is also working on a premier physical NFT exhibition, exhibiting the works of Robert Alice, Tyler Hobbs, and more. She has worked at the 58th Venice Biennale and Christie’s New York.

While we have yet to officially broker artwork sales, we have worked closely to advise collectors and investors with whom we have close relationships, introducing them to talented artists within our Discord and Twitter community. Collectors have regularly approached us to collaborate or to invest in artists within the NFT Asia community, thanks to the genuine connections and relationships we have built with stakeholders across the ecosystem. A fellow team member, Zenavi, is part of the Collectors Roundtable on Twitter Spaces and is also an illustrator, lecturer and communications specialist. JonSaysRelax is a visual artist who has organized independent art shows as well as being a lecturer in a Singaporean Arts College. Many other members such as Speak Cryptic, an artist who has exhibited all over the world are also part of the team who are active practitioners with many years of experience in the various sectors of the arts.

Q10. Are there new artists you’d like to bring into the Space in the first six months? What is your relationship to them?

Yes, we are constantly making connections with new talented artists, as the central ecosystem for NFT artists in Asia. Our members are also well connected in traditional arts ecosystems across many countries, such as Singapore, Malaysia, the United States, Japan,South Korea, Indonesia, India, Pakistan and more. We would like to collaborate with traditional galleries and work with them to bring on more artists from the traditional art space, harnessing our connections in that space. NFT Asia has also grown rapidly and we have been assisting community members who are either new artists or traditional artists who might be curious about the NFT Space. We have provided resources for onboarding onto various platforms as well as shared our experience through resource channels and panel discussions. In the first few months we are planning to bring on a group of selected up-and-coming asian artists whose art has distinguished styles from both of the traditional and digital art worlds.

Q11. Are there any artists already in the CryptoArt space that you are planning to work with for this Space? Have they committed to participating yet?

We have many talented emerging and established artists in the NFT Asia community who seek for and deserve exposure and spotlight in the NFT space, with whom we would especially like to work with and onboard onto our Space. We are establishing strategies for the onboarding process and will communicate with a group of artists we have in mind once our application of space is coming through. We have received a lot of interests from our community members for working together - for our first season of curation, we look forward to go through a list of artists and have a roaster for each future exhibition according to the curated themes.

Q12. Please provide any additional details you can about how you plan to operate this Space; e.g. cadence of exhibitions, auction strategy, number of artworks, other ideas for promoting your art and artists, etc.

We plan to organize several exhibitions of the artists in our Space throughout the year featuring different themes and critical or aesthetical explorations. We aim to bring on a new group of artists every season and our team will host promotional events and discussions surrounding the works that will be minted. These could be panels on Twitter Spaces that can boost the awareness and exposure for the artists. Details such as the number of artworks and auction strategies will be established differently in every exhibition to be specific with the theme and to customize it for the artists during each event.

Q13. How do you plan to structure commission rates for the artists who release in your Space?

Our team will take a 10% commission fee, and a part of that will go to a public fund that reinvests back into our community.

Q14. To you, what is the importance of NFTs as a medium/technology? Where do you see the NFT and CryptoArt space in five years?

NFTs have introduced an important paradigm shift to the global arts and cultural economy. It has created a digital-native ecosystem for artists and independent creators to be able to claim proper ownership over their artworks through smart contracts, and with it, introducing program scarcity that enables an active market surrounding digital art. Whether one is a skeptic or a staunch supporter of NFTs, it is impossible to deny that NFTs have changed the way we look at JPEGs forever.

With this, we are very bullish on the future of NFTs and believe that the economy will only continue to grow as mainstream adoption accelerates. And we will continue to be a welcoming space for NFT artists to be introduced to the community, build skills and resources and form lasting relationships with fellow artists, creatives and collectors. We aim to foster trust within a trustless system, filled with care and empathy for each other that is sorely needed. To also look at how we can create new ways of seeing when it comes to creating and collecting artworks.

Q15. If your Space were a cocktail or a dish, what would it be and why?

A stew with a little bit of everything in it. We consider our focus on diversity our main selling point that makes us extremely delicious. You never know what flavors you might experience and fall in love with next.

Q16. Anything else you’d like the community to consider?

We are working towards building a gallery space in the metaverse to showcase our exhibitions simultaneously. We believe it will not only drive traffic for the Space but also provides an elevated viewing experience for our artists, collectors and audiences.

Space name / team name: Spectrum

Name of primary contact: Archan Nair

Names of additional Space admins: Mari K., Bittm

• archannair,

https://superrare.com/archannair/creations

• madmaraca_7

https://superrare.com/madmaraca_7/creations

• bittm

Archan Nair is a self- taught visual artist, illustrator and Digital Artist, specialising in mixed media, illustration, and digital art based out of Berlin, Germany. Archan’s visual expressions are part of a journey which is really influenced by the mysteries of our existence and how every action, emotion, and our interconnectedness in a universal scale sets of a chain of reactions… which we experience from the micro to the macro scale.
Formerly a fashion major and entrepreneur, Archan started painting in 2006 at the age of 24 and made the shift as an independent artist in 2007. Since Archan’s cultural roots are from India his work underlie the multi dimensional tone which vibrate through the senses of the land. Since then Archan has embarked on an exhilarating and inspirational journey, collaborating with various companies and individuals such as: Nike, RedBull, Canon, Infiniti, Sony Netflix, Samsung, Electric Forest, GQ among many others.

Mari.K best known as “MadMaraca” is a 3D designer, Voxel artist and Metaverse Architect with more than 10 years experience in digital art. She has been an active NFT artist/collector since January 2021 and has been featured in many exhibitions in the NFT space, including SuperRare’s first virtual exhibition in Decentraland “Invisible Cities”.

Bittm is a cryptoinvestor and NFT collector, he worked for twenty years in the German dubbing industry as a technician, sound engineer and script author. In 2017 he discovered blockchain technology and became in the beginning of 2021 a full time investor/trader. He has been collecting art since January and organized twitter spaces to educate on blockchain technology and connect artists and collectors.

Spectrum: https://twitter.com/Spectrum_Art_

Archan: https://twitter.com/ArchanNair , www.archannair.com

Mari: https://madmaraca.art/, https://twitter.com/MadMaraca, MadMaraca - YouTube

Bittm: https://twitter.com/Bittm_

Gallery in Cryptovoxels build by madmaraca and curated by madmaraca and bittm:

https://www.cryptovoxels.com/play?coords=E@6688W,28N

Gallery in Cryptovoxels build by madmaraca, currently showing the “Personalities” collection:

https://www.cryptovoxels.com/play?coords=N@6519W,60N

Spectrum will help artists to reach a bigger audience and build a collector base. We will present a collection of high quality artworks from diverse artists and genres. We will take an advisory role for artists and collectors if needed and we will educate more people on art and encourage more artists and collectors to join the space.

Spectrum will bring to the forefront high quality art, using our teams high quality aesthetic and diverse taste and also experiences in the art industry from past 15 years to showcase incredible talent, undervalued artists and hidden gems from all across the globe.

Every piece sold in our space will also be displayed in galleries in the metavers.

We we will offset our created NFTs. It’s important to us that artists in our space feel comfortable about their work and their created NFTs. Artists should be proud of their work and the mediums they choose to sell their work without any fear of backlash from people outside of the NFTspace.
We have found this platform Aerial – Offset Your NFTs to do it, but are totally open for suggestions and will keep researching ourself.

Archan Nair and Mari K are professional artists. Both have many years of experience of engaging with clients and the art community.

We curated the Spectrum Gallery in Cryptovoxels

Spectrum

https://twitter.com/MadMaraca/status/1403409981165248515

53 pieces of 53 artists

and the NFT Asia exhibition in our Horizon Gallery in Cryptovoxels

Horizon

64 Artworks from 64 artists

https://twitter.com/ArchanNair/status/1428717809702420493

We curated two exhibitions in two galleries in the metavers one by invitation and one by application.

In both galleries it was our focus to just show works that were still available for purchase, we contacted and promoted on social media.

There are several. We all meet through art or through communication in the NFT space or Mari and Archan know them from their long work experience. We will bring artists in our space that bring the quality, the creativity and the determination that we want to see on Super Rare. We are collectors, supporters, but first and foremost fans of their work.

We will onboard 10 artists for our launch.

https://twitter.com/tania_rivilis

https://twitter.com/NikolinaPetolas

https://twitter.com/Sahred_toy

https://twitter.com/nkjuls

https://twitter.com/3landboy

https://twitter.com/kolahonn

https://twitter.com/Aref_Niazi

https://twitter.com/LisaODT

https://twitter.com/rishirajsinghs

https://twitter.com/shirpakman

-We will promote our space through our social media channels and display the collection in galleries across the metavers.

-We will have twitter spaces for interviews with artists and collectors and promote upcoming drops as well as a newsletter to keep anyone that chooses to receive it to be updated on newest drops and onboarded artists.

-The cadence of exhibitions is firstly dependent on sales, we focus on giving a good service to onboarded artists first. Our approach is quality over quantity, but we will create a constant output. Auction strategies will be developed in collaboration with the artists, we will advise and review to get the best results.

We will take a 10% commission for the provided services. The Super Rare treasury will receive 5% and the artist 85%.

The spectrum treasury funds will be solely used to reinvest and grow the spectrum space. The founders agreed not to take anything out for themself.

NFTs will be basically everywhere. NFTs will be used as tickets, to reward customers in various ways, they will be used more and more for funding creative projects like films and books and will verify identities to access all kinds of services.

NFT sales will replace most of the art sales today. We will have a lot of custodians that will hold physical paintings, and ship out on demand by the NFT holder. When it comes to trading NFTs will be the number one solution.

Almost all value exchanges will be recorded on a blockchain in the future. The same goes for art. Also we will see the technological possibilities explored more. Data driven changing art and generative art are a great example, but only the beginning.

It would be a fishtail, art is all about experimenting and exploring so why fit in one bracket… let’s have fun and broaden our horizons.

Not really… lets create amazingness and elevate art and culture through blockchain.

2 Likes

1_YjA-CjRQjFBCD_lIIwEWUA

Space name / team name:

Chile Con Carne

Name of primary contact:

EpifanĂ­a de Gracia

Maritei, BER, Donatelly

@graciaepifania @mariteiei @donatelly @ber.collage

Epifania de Gracia:

Portfolio

Until recently I used to feel that I was ugly and unattractive, acceptance has been a difficult road for me and the way I have been able to empower myself as a woman is strongly reflected in my work. My art is feminist and mainly erotic, my intention to make girls of average appearance visible, to highlight their beauty that is often overshadowed by almost unattainable canons. When I discovered the Raphaelite art and the works of JW Waterhouse and Alma Tadema I understood that voluptuous women, with long noses, with imperfect profiles and small mouths could be beautiful and desirable, from this moment I began to gain confidence in myself, to notice my own charms. Focus my artistic production on revealing how sublime stretch marks and curvy bodies are, recounting my fantasies, talking about sexual freedom from the perspective of a middle-class Chilean girl in her 20s. My brushes and colors express the violence that surrounds me, the savagery of desire, the brutality and the perversity of human relationships. I am self-taught and a digital native. I approach my paintings the same way that I would with oil on canvas, following similar steps from the way I prepare my first coat, the order in which I lay the paint, to the final pass where I add textures, glazes, and final color decisions.

Maritei:

Portfolio

I create avatars because I feel overwhelmed by day to day life. My self made Digital Fantasy world is a room of my own, the same Virginia Woolf wrote about, a safe playful space where patriarchy with all its social impositions cannot enter, forced to only look from the outside, a place where only my pleasure exists. This Kawaii Metaverse is a pink digital vortex that draws you in. A labyrinth of aesthetically pleasing pastel elements floating around and evolving in a strange harmony. The last time I updated Marite-1, my avatar, I designed for her a pair of wings, now she is a Cyberangel. Ethereal, she can be and do everything she wants, she is able to transit between forms, appearances and names. She is a tangible dream, a projection who cyber-cicatrizes me.

Donatelly:

Portfolio

My birth name is Enzo, Catarsis is my Drag name, I will be Odil when I finish my transition. Donatelly is my surname and my signature. I do not consider myself a gay or queer artist but a MARICA one. My work varies when my creative needs are connected with the moment of my life and my emotional state. I started by capturing feminine fantasies in illustrations, while studying graphic design I discovered the ease of illustrating and painting, achieving 3D, futuristic and creamy textures. The illustrations have to be created under a very intimate tonic, loneliness forms a fundamental role in the creation of my daughters, after years I decided to create my drag character “Catarsis” which gives life to what my work as an illustrator projects, a provocative being who plays with sex and her body in a non-binary way with hints of horror, tendencies, fetishes that develop under the south american electronic scene. I shine in a country that forces you to turn off the lights. I protest against the invisibility, against those who wish to erase bodies like mine. I took their energy and commuted it into playness, into a healthier sexuality, into free speech.

BER:

Portfolio

My name is BĂĄrbara Escobar, BER. Visual artist and Neo-Reichian therapist from Chile. I mainly work with the techniques of Collage. Over the years I have been exploring different formats, roles and themes, my favorites are those that address the human being, the complexity of his psyche and his stormy relationship with nature. Each cutout finds its place, like a piece in a puzzle. The images thus dialogue with each other, forming a living tissue with multiple meanings, in a revelation of the unconscious. With each cut I seek to revive isolated images, making them part of a system, in a search for the sense of transcendence. That is why in each work I expose my internal texture, my most intimate place, where language ends and fantasy begins.

Epifania de Gracia:
Instagram
Twitter

Maritei:
Instagram
Twitter
TikTok

Donatelly:
Instagram
Twitter

BER:
Instagram
Twitter
Website

We are the women of native peoples in territorial resistance against racist colonialism, we rise up in Brazil against the fascist barbarism that threatens America Latina, we are the ones who stand up in Mexico against the narco-femicidal state, we are the ones who resist against extractivist predation, we are the leaders who resist persecution and murder in Colombia, We are the ones who they intend to imprison in Turkey, we are the guerrilla against fundamentalism in Kabul and we are in Chile the first line against State terrorism, the patriarchal violence and the precariousness of life. Ni puta ni sumisa - Neither whore nor submissive- is the slogan of chilean feminist movement and it’s ours.

4 latina native digital artists, 4 strong women who organized themselves to land on the NFT market. We are here to highlight another kind of beauty, to speak about femininity from feminism, to reflect about why half of humanity is still a minority. Corporality, how our bodies are jailed, raped, sold, reduced, exposed and how sorority is the way to free them, to claim for them, to empower.

We are a pluridisciplinary and self managed digital collective, we come from very different horizons, Epifania is social media oriented, Maritei is very well connected into international markets, Donatelly is an icon in the south american underground scene and BER brings the contacts from the traditional art market.

We are able to produce from rave parties to art biennale, we are street smart, with a budget you could use for a business lunch we can organize an exhibition for hundreds, feeding and inebriating everybody. Locally we are connected to various art foundations and institutions for which we are constantly collaborating and curating with such as Citylab, GAM, Segunda Piel, ArtSantiago, Collage Fest, Feria Chaco, Reserva Federal.

CityLab Global
GAM
SegundaPiel
ArtSantiago
Collage Fest
Feria Chaco
Reserva Federal
Galeria Metropolitana

Donatelly exhibition at gallery L.I.A.M

Galeria Metropolitana

Feria Chaco

Reserva federal

Art stgo

CitylabxGAM
IMG-0793
Segunda Piel

We will not allow any more over talented female artists to give up their careers because of the lack of resources, we aim to open our SuperRare space to all our artist sisters. It will be a vitrine for collective organizations, for activism, a place of free speech, of women empowerment.

We’re currently connecting with local NFT artists that are excited to join our Super Rare Space and further establish a commitment to work and help promote emerging talented women in the Latin American art world.

Layla Pizarro
Natalie LarrodĂŠ
Ale Queentero
Susana Velasco
Leidy Vega

1_uH77M7bIxbTumwL8Y-o8Ug

We’ll take all advantage posible of this opportunity, we will curate monthly collective exhibitions. Here’s a glimpse of some of our upcoming shows.

the Metaverse will be Pink or it will not be. Close your eyes and imagine what eternity looks like, Where Neuralink will bring you when it will be achieved ? Most likely to one of the infinite worlds Maritei builds. Let us please introduce our female version of Metaverse.

South Pole Summer Camp: Escape the winter travelling down the southern hemisphere. We will put the globe upside down by inviting female artists from all over the south.

Guerilla Kawaii: Kawaii could look futile, superficial and consumerist, but from our perspective and Sebastian Masuda’s, Kawaii is feminist. It’s a way to occupy space in a society that demands conformity, the courage to reveal the true fantasized self without caring what others think or say. From Harajuku to Santiago, Pacific cultures mestized and gave birth to a colorful aesthetic resistance.

The revenge of the hysterics: For centuries, unsatisfied women were medically classified as hysterics. In her book Technology of the Orgasm, Rachel P Maines tells us how androcentric sexuality has condemned women to reproduction and how other kinds of desire were treated in doctors offices. Hysteria, literally womb disease was such an epidemic that doctors surpassed by their task had to invent electro mechanical vibrators.

La Purga: Retrospective of a rave unlike any others, created by Catarsis (Donatelly) what started as a small underground gay party ended like one the most exclusive and creative event in all south america.

8M: March 8th, Women’s day.

Kuriche: The story tells that sometimes slave ships on their way to north america had to stop at the southern coast of Chile, in these occasions enslaved women tried to give in adoption their newborns to Mapuche peoples to protect them, Mapuches raised those children like their own and named them Kuriche.

Circo Timoteo: A homage to the circus of transvestites that travelled around south american slums, a strange paradoxal story of poverty, desire, and homophobia inspired by the Timoteo Circus, it’s late star Katiuska Molotov and the legendary film “El Pejesapo” directed by Josè Luis Sepùlveda and Carolina Adriazola.

Red isn’t Blue: A story of menstruation, We grew up with TV commercials that were selling toxic and expensive feminine products showing that what came from our wombs were of a nice and sellable shade of blue.For this show be prepared to be bathed in blood!.

In addition, we will highlight weekly a woman ID cryptoartist, and each month we will crowdfund a cause or a specific non-profit organization, setting up special auctions.

Our commission rate model is designed to primarily support the artists, they will receive 82,5% of the sales. 7,5 % will be used to create a sustainable partnership in which the collective collects funds to further support the onboarding of new talents, education, management and promotion of ongoing exhibitions. To support feminist movement a 5% will go to the non-profit organization Coordinadora 8M which manages all the local feminist associations. 5% of total sales will go to SuperRare DAO.

Total sales:

Artists = 82,5 %

Self managed collective = 7,5 %

Coordinadora 8M = 5%

SuperRare DAO = 5%

We thus believe that NFTs are short-term overvalued and long-term undervalued because the true opportunity lies in its ability to break up gender and identities fronteers. They are the gateway to Metaverse, a dimension where our consciousness will be potentiated and maybe will remain forever. Our aesthetics obsessed generations will be pioneers building the foundations of this infinite fantasy world. We are fully aware of our responsibility to ensure that algorithms are fully inclusive and that new dimensions will be harmonic.

Let me guess… a Chile con carne of course!! Chile is a tiny and remote country that few are able to point on a map, when you tell somebody that you are coming from Chile they usually respond “the place where the dish comes from”. We pretend to be 1000 times more spicy than this texan dish, to go deep into your guts, to stir them up and make them bleed if necessary!

Based on a report from the Colegio de Estudios Superiores de AdministraciĂłn of Colombia, we are able to observe that women positively influence the crypto space, they bring confidence and legitimacy, they usually prefer to stay away from unethical practices, they are a clear signal of massive adoption. The future and Metaverse are female and we will paint both.

NEW FRENCH TOUCH updated submission

Space name
NEW FRENCH TOUCH
35_albertine-meunier-crypto-NFT-stands-for-New-French-Touch
NFTS stands for New French Touch !

separate

The primary contact is BnoiitC
Additional Space admins are Albertine Meunier - Artist / Collector, Arthemort - Collector / Art marketing student and Jean-Michel Pailhon - Collector / Entrepreneur

separate
SuperRare usernames of everyone who will be a Space admin are BnoiitC, Albertine and jmpnft

separate
Short bio of the team
BnoiitC
_XV0dsjG_400x400
MoCA Founder (2018) – Active member of the Cryptoart and Metaverse communities – Recognized / influential cryptoart collector . MoCA on Cryptovoxel

Albertine Meunier : Artist, Collector
albertine
since 1998, albertine explores the essential poetry and esthetics of the networks. She cultivates simple, minimal forms, which may sometimes appear to be tinkered from scratch, but she intentionally distances herself from the hyper-technicity of some digital artworks. Albertine leads us on a playfully, impertinently and drolly poetic journey.

Arthemort
brian
Arthemort is an Art market student at Sotheby’s Institute of Arts, blockchain idealist, art collector and NFT accumulator, fascinated by art and technology, currently working on my thesis on crypto art. Born and raised in art collection, I’m a advocate of contemporary creations from France. I have a certification in Art History from Sotheby’s Institute of Arts, an Art Market Analyst, an Art & Finance and an Art & Tech certification from ArtTactic. Worked in gallery, auction houses, art communications agency and blockchain/art startup.

Jean-Michel Pailhon
pailhon
Jean-Michel Pailhon is the Vice President at Ledger in charge of the B2B division. He is a Street art collector since 2005, an Art gallerist in Paris and a NFT art collector.
He is currently working with many entrepreneurs in the tech and NFT space to help the NFT scene grow and scale in France and Europe.

separate
Website & Social Media Links

Their NFTs ’ Collections

Their Twitter Accounts
BnoiitC - Albertine - Arthemort - jmpailhon

Their NFTs ’ Creations
BnoiitC
Albertine

Don’t forget ! NFT stands for Nakamoto Female Touch !

separate
**Their Websites **
albertine

separate

Manifesto of our Space

• Promotion of the emerging French Cryptoart Scene – Focus on early cryptoart aesthetic and themes.

• New French Touch Space will be a combination of a digital and physical place to highlight French digital creation, with a pinch of French spirit, not necessarily limited to French artists.

We are revolutionaries ! If there is a Gatekeeper to be beheaded, here we come !
As a nation France has led the way for societal revolution to be adopted (sometimes a bit forcefully i’ll admit it) but ideas and artists freedom have been celebrated throughout history. We believe French creators have once again a role to play during the blockchain revolution that is on its way. We could be protectors of the original ideal of the blockchain by being curator of what represents the fundamentals of crypot art as a movement.

Financiarisation of art is unavoidable but the philosophication of NFT should be considered more for the long term perspective of the fantastic art created on the blockchain. The work of rationalisation of the different movements composing NFTs should give it all of its legitimacy in mainstream culture.
If art is THE thing that will help blockchain get into the “real” world and reach mainstream media then there isn’t any nation more experienced in artistic, societal and cultural revolution than France ! If you want NFT to be considered as “real art” by the everyday folk then let us lead the way.
by Arthemort

separate
Our team’s experience curating and promoting artwork

BnoiitC: Founder of MoCA and manager of the main Museum and several Metaverse galleries and artist residences. Visit the MoCA on Cryptovoxel

View of the MoCA

Albertine, digital artist, digital advisor and collector for many years.
Albertine has been working with l’Avant Galerie Vossen for several years as a Digital Advisor. In 2019, she curated with Caroline Vossen Infinite Skulls the first exhibition, an exceptional encounter between a contemporary painter Ronan Barrot and an artist, at this time researcher in artificial intelligence Robbie Barrat.

BARRAT / BARROT 2019 . oil on canvas, UV print on plexiglas . 27 x 68 cm

More recently, in 2021 she curated with Avant Galerie Vossen the exhibition From Tulip to the crypto Marguerite, where for the first time crypto artists, such as Robbie Barrat, Robness, Norman Harman, bananakin, LuluxXX, were exhibited in Paris among paintings, sculpture, A.I works …

*View of the exhibition *

View of the exhibition with in square screen : LuluxXX, Robness, Bleh, Bananakin and Norman Harman

Finally, Albertine runs a free introductory crypto art workshop every two weeks à L’Avant Galerie Vossen in Paris to raise awareness among curious, artists and collectors of this form of digital art.

Arthemort
Arthemort has been curating his crypto art collection on social media (twitter, instagram, tiktok), well connected with the content creator specialized in Art and culture on social media and youtube. Manage the familial collection composed of thousand of works, knows the methodology used to “enhance” an art collection like managing museum lending, cataloging, provenance tracking and due diligence.

separate
Our team’s experience organizing exhibitions, making art sales, running auctions, networking with collectors, etc

BnoiitC: 500+ artworks collected – several solo shows and artist residence set up – occasional high price sales

Albertine: I have been organizing exhibitions as an artist and as a curator for many years. My last experience as a digital advisor is with Avant Galerie Vossen, the Barrat art gallery :wink:
400+ artworks collected - collection by alphabetical order
Unable to sell any of her collected artwork !

Arthemort: Organised exhibition of world class artists in a well known parisian gallery, participated in a auction sales at Cornette de Saint-Cyr auction house, organised and managed event for public art installation, well connected to art collectors, critics and art journalist in France and abroad, from both the traditional artworld and crypto art world.

separate
New artists we would like to bring into the Space in the first six months
We will have regular IRL meetings with French artists curious about NFTs and Cryptoart, some already in the space, some still to be onboarded.

Artist NFT FR, artists already in the CryptoArt space that we are planning to work with for the New French Touch Space

Jaen
Kevin Abosch
Lapin Mignon
Luluxxx
Thomas Vanz
Eric Lefaure
Alotta Money
Joanie Lemercier
Ogar
Skeenee
Kibo
Samy La Crapule
Obvious
Aboulaye Barry
Maxime Hacquard
U2P050
PaulB
Gregory Chatonsky
Aurece Vettier
Enora Denis
Bora
VJ Rien
Jesus
Juliet Casella
Alien Dope
Hadrien Durand Baissas
KTRZR
Lossapardo
Thibault Chapelain
Pascal Blanche
Julien Rivoir
Roger Kilimanjaro
Anna Zhilyaeva
Madeon
Benjamin Spark
Jason boyer
Victor Moati
Alexander tamisier
Yayashin
Pascal Bobards
Jwawi
Popey
ALAGRAPHY
Mathieu Laurette
Andy Picci
Haedre
Aurelien soula
Ladislas chachignot
Loui16art
Crypto clay
FARAH
Frederic Tessier
VHILS
ANDRE
Teto
Pplouz
Pogwerk
Lemuet

Artist non-NFT FR, new artists we would like to bring into the Space in the first six months
Ronan Barrot
Filipe Vilas Boas
Julien Levesque
Rodolphe Barsikian
Fabien Zocco
Laura Mannelli
Orlan
Jennifer Douzenel
Charlie Aubry
RaphaĂŤl Pluvinage
Doodleuse
Richard Di Rosa
Eric Theret
Bernar Venet
Fondation Vasarely
Space Invader
Miss Tic
Monsieur Chat
Jerome Mesnager
Miguel Chevalier
Blek le Rat
Les frères Bouroullec
Phillipe Huart
Kriki
Edi Dubien
Denis Monfleur
Paul Raguenes

separate
We have multiple projects under discussion

The Space will benefit from a dedicated Metaverse space and the promotion from BnoiitC and @museumcryptoart tweeter handles.

separate
Structure commission rates

the Artist : 80 % for the artists
the SR DAO : 5%
the New French Tech Space commission : 15%

separate
the importance of NFTs as a medium/technology

NFT is disrupting the Art market to an extent that is still not yet fully understood. It is also a strong driver for a significant art renaissance led by new artists bringing a new energy to the art space.

NFTs are a very big change for digital artists, allowing them to finally make a living from their art. A lot of artists still need to be initiated into the crypto area scene.The Space can be a very big highlight for the french artists scene, showing them the power of the NFTs.

On the other side, becoming an art collector has never been so easy. It’s such a democratic contact with art. But, the crypto art scene can be a bit opaque when you start.

In five years, the Cryptoart space will be as normal as an Amazon order, as huge as the creation is, as powerful as the Blockchain is!

separate

BnoiitC
A surprising dish in a trendy boutique Paris restaurant

Albertine
A Croque Monsieur !

Arthemort:
prop 1: If it was a cocktail it would be a Bloody Mary, a cocktail that could have only be created in the roaring 20’s when Paris was a place for artist over the world to express their liberty, and if for Ernest Hemingway this expression was a weird tomato base alcoholic cocktail, then so be it ! It’s weirdly yummy, you gotta admit it.

prop 2: if it was a beverage it would of course be a wine, an alcoholic beverage with a well recognized tradition and a complexity composed of tens of factors to consider. Some wine may elevate the experience of food in a way you couldn’t have imagine.

prop 3: If it was a dish it would be a loaf of bread, a dish that has been the basis of alimentation for thousands of years and that we still have yet to finish to innovate in its creation process and variances. The chef from the world’s best restaurant couldn’t think of not serving a top quality bread to go with his main course.

prop 4: If it was a cake it would be a macaron, delicate, pretty and widely appreciated, macaron have been known by foreigner through their classical flavor popularised by Ladurée but you’ll be surprised how many chef like Pierre Hermé have revolutionised it by proposing a seemingly weird new mix of flavor like a macaron au foie gras.

separate

France has a tradition of aesthetics that is recognized worldwide. Many skilled animators, illustrators, graphic designers, conceptor, in top studios and agencies like pixard are French.

France host some of the most innovative project in the technological field especially in AI, robotics, energy, transport, blockchain regulation, and metaverses.The tradition of innovation is century old, with early example of invention in aeronautics, aerospatial, cinema, network communication, miniaturisation, ect.

The democratic ideal lifted by DAO is also at heart of the spirit of the French nation and the ideas of the lumière, the human right declaration and the concept of laicity being one of the earliest concepts of inclusivity adopted by a society as a whole.

French or based in France artists like Moebus (an illustrator) and Vera molnar were pioneers of genre like generative art and have influenced pop culture, sci-fi and fantasy beyond imagination. The relative importance of French contemporary artists has always been undermined in comparison to their American peers, in the era of decentralisation it would be important not to reproduce the same mistakes.

Many now consider bluechip artists in NFT that you probably know are French and influenced by this culture and its references in their creative process.

The French NFT environment is thrilling with many teams backing top selling projects, and well known collectors backing it, IRL events and exhibitions have already taken place.

This space should be an accelerator for artists, collectors and developers to connect and build further what makes French creation so unique.

The NFT French scene is currently emerging and the New French Touch Space team is part of many ongoing projects involving French artists and institutional players.

We feel this is the right time, with the launch of New French Touch, to give shape to the emerging French Cryptoart scene and a unique opportunity for SuperRare to take the lead in this territory and extend its global footprint.

This is also a critical turn for historic cryptoart actors like SuperRare to keep momentum and maintain their lead while prestigious, deep pocket, well established traditional art players are still trying to figure out how to catch up and invest the space, capitalizing on their physical territorial presence and IRL network.

New French Touch also has the ambition to set standards for future territorial SuperRare Spaces and will be happy to share experiences with future Space candidates.

1 Like

Space name / team name: 33

Name of primary contact: 33NFT

GT Sewell & Jane Louise, Joanna Reijgersberg-Siew, Cedric Bronkhorst, Logan Guinaugh

@ 33NFT (also @ 33vault), @ GT, @ JLart, @ summerrainx, @ cedricbronkhorst, @ lbguinaugh, @ freddynumbers1975

Skygolpe (artist) Quote: Thank you man! The energy and the passion that you bring in this space is something unreal! You are always interested in understanding what lays behind a piece and your priority is always to support the artists. Thanks for being you! @33NFT

0x22 (Collector) Quote: 33 & I spoke privately and he absolutely did not have to sell this, he didn’t need the money or liquidity. He did it purely to support the artist and keep the movement going forward. Incredibly selfless and thank you again.

33 is an anonymous NFT collector whose reputation is synonymous with the following three words.

Trust. Friendship. Commitment.

Owner of over 1,000 rare pieces of digital art, 33 adds a level of trust on top of his core beliefs and is a highly respected collector who supports and advocates crypto artists and also is a true inspiration for seasoned and new collectors alike. Known as “The People’s Champ”, 33 focuses on building up friendships and people, the key essence of creating a superstar community.

33 currently has a large influential platform and has over 65,000 global reach over twitter and Instagram. He also constantly looks at trends and innovations in the NFT space. In a few words, the SuperRare Space Race is a passion project for him, for 33 to build a fun and engaging community and to build a future.

And at the end of the day, in 33’s own words: “We are in it together, I’m here to help them and they’re here to help us.”

The international core 33 Curative Panel (33CP) comprise of the following:

• Visionary: 33
  • Chairman: Steven London Papas
  • Artist and Collector Relations: Jane Louise
  • Concept & Strategy : GT Sewell
  • Operations: Joanna Reijgersberg-Siew
  • Special Projects Management: Logan Guinaugh
  • Communications & Community: Cedric Bronkhorst
  • Administration: Andrew “Freddy” Manfredi

Team bios are as follows:

Steven London Papas (Melbourne, Australia) is the director of APPRECIATION, and represents artists LUSHSUX, VHILS & CHARLI COHEN and has worked for brands such as DOLCE & GABBANA & UNXD. He works together with both the top artists and collectors in the NFT space and is the chairman of 33 Space.

Jane Louise (Melbourne, Australia) has 20+ years’ experience in the creative world, and has worked in the creative concepts of global brands like Marvel, Disney & DC. She has curated exhibitions of international artists, including Shepard Fairey (OBEY), Pure Evil, Fanakapan, My Dog Sighs. 3yrs years in the NFT/crypto realm. She is responsible for artist and collector relations.

GT Sewell (Melbourne, Australia) has 20+ years’ experience as an artist (sculptor/photographer), art installations, art gallery owner, (Australia’s first IRL CryptoArt Gallery with Future Art), Professional fine art printer (Giclee), and in the forefront of IRL cryptoart installations. Over 4 years advising/onboarding artists, such as Lushsux, and helping companies/projects launch into crypto and the NFT space. He is responsible for Concept & Strategy.

Joanna Reijgersberg-Siew (Singapore) leads the Asian AI Practice for a Fortune 50 company, which also covers blockchain, metaverses and digital twins. She has organised and has spoken at keynotes at multiple international events on future tech, and is responsible for operations.

Logan Guinaugh, PMP (Chicago, US) has 10+ years project management experience of large scale $10mil+ global SAP solutions in technology and software industries. He has been active in the crypto since 2016 and is heavily engaged with artists. He is responsible for special projects management.

Cedric Bronkhorst (Netherlands) has 10+ years’ experience in the creative field, specifically in photography, videography and design. His clients include Europe’s largest brands, like KPMG, Henkel. He was a community manager at Adobe and is responsible for communications & community.

Andrew “Freddy” Manfredi (New Jersey, US) is a Director of maintenance and owns RentersLand.com. He has been in the NFTs since February 2021 and has owned collectibles his whole life. He loves connecting and is active in 30+ discords. He is the lead collector in the curation advisory panel.

https://superrare.com/33nft
https://superrare.com/33vault
https://niftygateway.com/profile/33
https://twitter.com/33NFT (46,500 followers)
Login • Instagram (16,600 followers)
33 (2,000 members)

The 33 Space manifesto is to showcase top OG artists as well as emerging artists in the digital art space. It has a unique and diverse structure and is formed by an experienced 33 Curation Panel (33CP) and the 33 Artist Advisory (33AA). By engaging a broader community as a starting point, exhibitions will be curated with consideration to both micro and macro events within the NFT community (E.g.: Time and Cool Cats collaboration, Bored Apes derivatives), alongside relevant global topics (E.g.: Cultural events).

Furthermore, the unique proposition of the 33 Space is that we will also bring the 33 Artist Advisory (33AA) consisting of a diverse range of Artists to help form a base recommendation of artists for the core team to review and curate for each exhibition. The artists (in alphabetic order A-Z) are Blake Kathryn, Dave Krugman, LIŔONA, Micah Johnson, Ness Graphics, Pussy Riot, Sarah Zucker, Skygolph, Tom Yoo, Trevor Jones and more.

Collaboration is an important part of the core beliefs not only amongst the 33 Space team, but within the greater NFT community.

The 33 Artist Advisory (33AA) is comprised of:

Blake Kathryn (Los Angeles, US) is a Los Angeles based visual artist. Her work balances between concept and commercial realms spanning across various industries including music, fashion and tech. Her subject matter touches upon themes of the subconscious, nature and vices iterated into light-hearted, dreamlike compositions. Blake’s work is recognized for its vibrant palettes and ethereal undertones with a surreal futurist aesthetic.

Dave Krugman (Brooklyn, US) is a crypto artist, photographer, writer, and founder of www.allships.com, a creative community dedicated to the idea that a rising tide raises all ships. Since learning about digital art in early 2020, he has dedicated his time to onboarding artists, uplifting the community, exploring new uses of technology, and writing over 100 articles about artists and collectors in the space.

LIŔONA (New York/Los Angeles, US) is an award-winning NY/LA based Design Director, Illustrator & Artist. Currently senior Art director at BUCK. Ashkenazi-Eldar is the winner of a 2017 ADC “Silver Cube” Award from The One Club, in the category 2017 Design: Typography, for her contributions to a project entitled “Asa Wife Zine.” She led the Creative Team that submitted the project via New York’s prestigious School of Visual Arts . At the tender age of 26, Ashkenazi-Eldar was also recently profiled in a story entitled “15 Artists Under 30” by the prestigious PRINT Magazine.

Micah Johnson (US) is a Major League Baseball player who has traded his bat for a paint brush in 2018. What started as a way to escape the anxiety and pressure of playing a professional sport has turned into a full-time vocation. His works that feature strong gestural charcoal lines complemented with subtle vibrant colours have been collected throughout the world.

Ness Graphics (US) is a 25 year old digital artist specializing in 3D animation. He has been creating 3D design since early 2010. Over the last 5 years, he has been creating visuals for award-winning artists’ tours and shows such as Lil Nas X, Travis Scott, Diplo, Imagine Dragons and many more.

Pussy Riot (Russia) is an art group that started a global art-activist movement. In 2012 two of us, Nadya and Masha, served 2 years in jail for an anti-Putin action. The group raises capital to create activist art and donations.

Sarah Zucker (LA, US) is an artist based in Los Angeles. Her work merges the gorgeous and grotesque through humour, psychedelia, mysticism, and the interplay of cutting edge + obsolete technologies. She has been in Crypto Art since early 2019. Her work was part of the landmark NFT auctions “Natively Digital” at Sotheby’s and “CryptOGs: The Pioneers of NFT Art” from Bonhams & SuperRare. Her GIF art has been viewed over 6.7 billion times on Giphy. She is a Jeopardy! Champion.

Skygolpe (Italy) is one of a handful of Italian digital artists at the forefront of a “digital renaissance” in the NFT space. Skygolpe commands six figures plus for his 1/1 works. In addition, he’s collected by all of the biggest collectors in the space and sets a great example of how work created with meaning and a strong concept has a long lasting place in this new world of digital collecting.

Tom Yoo (US) is a Korean-American painter and sculptor who has amassed an international following for being the first to create sculptures of the most iconic sneakers using LEGOs. Today, with his artwork residing in private collections across the globe, Tom is grateful for the ability to pursue his passion as his career and utilize his platform to help those in need.

Trevor Jones (Scotland) is a Scotland based artist. He is undoubtedly one of the leading artists in the crypto art medium. Trevor lives to create. After graduating from Edinburgh University and Edinburgh College of Art in 2008, he set out to constantly innovate. The NFT medium was and is a perfect fit for him. He has pushed the medium so far forward and has been a key artist in our journey towards mainstream adoption.

33 Space aims to focus on fine art within the digital art space, while simultaneously bringing in new artists into the space. 33 Curation Panel is well respected and connected within the NFT space and will bring a variety of top-tier artists from around the world into SuperRare.

33 has had his first curated drop on NiftyGateway on August 8, 2021 with Tom Yoo, Lefty Out, and La+ch. Additionally, he also sold the #33Family membership passes (Gold and VIP tiers) which allow pass holders exclusive access to potential future drops on NiftyGateway and other leading platforms. 33 has an eye for strong talent and both Tom Yoo and Lefty have enjoyed great success in their last drop bearing previous records on NiftyGateway.

Furthermore, 33 has already planned two additional curated drops on NiftyGateway with top artists with Skygolpe and Lushsux in October 2021, and another planned on 28 December 2021. We expect to continue with multiple NiftyGateway curated drops occurring on an annual basis.

Outside of digital curations, 33 has also showcased artwork at The Crypt Gallery in Hollywood, with 33 x King of Midtown, and is working in partnership with Moco Museum in Amsterdam and Barcelona, both of which will showcase 33NFT exhibitions this Autumn/Winter.

More excitingly, there will be a 33 Space at the Art Basel Miami in December 2021.

Much more is to come.

Steven London Papas : Over 15 years expertise in management of key stakeholders (including artists, key decision makers including government agencies/bodies) Music Festival Curation & programming (International and Local), Creative, production and conceptual direction plus major event/show operations & logistics. Steven has previously promoted Post Malone, SZA, Skepta, Boys Noize, Flight Facilities & Jamie XX to name a few.

GT Sewell & Jane Louise: Over 7 years of successful IRL art galleries, curating 1000’s of emerging, mid-career, and established artists in both the traditional and digital art worlds. Also helping curate major public art events for commercial & ‘Not For Profit’ enterprises.

Some examples of exhibitions are:

33 NiftyGateway Curated Drop with Tom Yoo and Lefty Out there:
https://niftygateway.com/collections/33

Australia’s first IRL Cryptoart exhibition partnered with our friends Future Art: https://twitter.com/4RC4DE_x/status/1351426613418684416?s=20

One of our IRL cryptoart installations in the Rialto, one of Melbourne’s premier office buildings:

GT & Jane’s second art gallery with 25 artist studios. VS. Gallery (relocated start of 2020): Login • Instagram

GT & Jane’s last gallery & print shop ‘Milkbar’:
https://www.instagram.com/m.i.l.k.b.a.r/

33: has extensive experience with organising exhibitions with the preeminent museums, using platforms like NiftyGateway to run curated drops as well as ranked auctions. The #33Family community is a strong network of like-minded collectors who are constantly pushing the bar in bringing digital art to mainstream audiences.

Steven London Papas: works closely with artists on long term strategies to see their digital assets appreciate and NFTs go into the hands of the right collectors. Finding the best collector for the right edition is harder said than done. He approaches this strategically, professionally and at all times have both the seller and buyer interest at heart. As a result of the last showcase, the collectors he invited spent over 700 ETH at the auction on four winning bids out of the total nine items available. The auction was genuinely historic and was featured in The New York Times amongst other publications such as Vogue.

GT Sewell & Jane Louise: Our everyday routine for the past 7 years, included all facets of owning and running an established art gallery, along with a premium fine art printing business in which we dealt with artist pricing & edition structures on a daily basis, and major institution acquisitions. Notable exhibitions include artist Shepard Fairey (OBEY) where we built the gallery, helped curate, and managed sales for his 2018 Sydney exhibition ‘Printed Matters’. Liaising with local, national and international art collectors.

Are there new artists you’d like to bring into the Space in the first six months?

Yes!

33 has prior experience in bringing artists into the Space and will continue to bring the following artists to SuperRare. The team will also provide an end-to-end approach in supporting the artist, from having pre-sale / showcase opportunities to providing the support network and showcase in IRL galleries. The team also aims to focus on education of new collectors coming into the space.

Artists 33 which like to bring to SuperRare in first six months (Subject to change):
Whisbe (never minted SR)
Tom Yoo (never minted SR)
x0r
Meelo
Zuphioh
Dosbrak
Victoria West

Artists 33 has already onboarded on SuperRare:
Lefty Out There
Rek0de
Michael Benisty

GT Sewell & Jane Louise: Over the past 15yrs they have formed strong relationships with 1000’s of unique artists, collectors & institutions in Australia and abroad. Their extensive network within the traditional art realm has put them in a position as the ‘go to’ for onboarding many emerging to established Australian & international artists into the NFT space. Both GT & Jane understand the strength of an artist and their capacity to build and maintain a strong and healthy career within this ecosystem. They understand the quality of artists that SuperRare has come to represent and plan to bring in new artists to add value to SuperRare.

What is your relationship to them?

Amongst other artists, 33 has been one of Tom Yoo’s earliest supporters and friend:

Tom Yoo (artist) Quote: Thank you to all of you who came through to support me today! I’m humbled and grateful beyond words. And to @33NFT, you’ll never know how much your belief in my work means to me - thank you .

Over the years, 33 has formed similar friendships with other artists, we have included some quotes from some of them:

Ness Graphics (artist) Quote: My newest 1/1 collector has been @33NFT , I really don’t think this piece could have fit into anyone else’s collection as much as it does with you haha! Also love how you just do your own thing and not get caught up in any drama, seriously I love it

Brendan North (artist) Quote: “Thank you for supporting photographers in this space 33. You’re at the forefront and I can’t tell you how much it means to us that you see value in our art”

Jacob Riglin (artist) Quote: “Spent an hour talking to yesterday — he has been such a huge advocate of my work and getting to learn more about his goals and background while scheming some plans was awesome” Stoked to have been able to connect with such interesting people in this NFT space

100% YES

The 33 Space Race team plans to operate this Space with events all year round, as continual events are required in the crypto space to stay relevant.

The current set-up is as follows: (Subject to change)

• Monthly curated drops comprising of 4 blue-chip artists and/or 4 Emerging’/mid-career artists
  • Potentially split to bi-weekly curated drops after six months
  • Surprise drops throughout the year based on special events, E.g.: 03/03 day
  • Quarterly IRL gallery showcase for the artists: E.g.: Galleries in London, Milan, Melbourne
  • Special exhibitions at museums which already showcase 33 collection: E.g.: Amsterdam, Barcelona

Calendar of events: (Subject to change)

• Collab - blue chip + up-coming/mid-career
  • Third of the third (3rd March)
  • Diversity
  • Photography
  • 3D dimension
  • Generative

Furthermore, to grow the 33 Space, the team will focus on using our social media and physical channels for marketing of the artists, this could include:

• Twitter spaces and collector/community outreach
  • Artist meet-and-greet sessions
  • #33Family discord voice channels to discuss collector education
  • IRL exhibitions and museum experiences
  • Virtual museums (TBC), E.g.: Decentraland 33 museum, Oncyber collection

33 Space team and its curation advisory panel will curate all artists who will release in the 33 Space, and commission rates will follow a tiered approach. This is linked to the #33Family Gold and VIP passes which were dropped on NiftyGateway.

Commission Rates are as followed: (Subject to change)

• ‘33 Space’ + SR Treasury (SRT) primary commissions:
  • For artists who are non-pass holders: 10% base + 5% SRT = 15%
  • For artists who hold VIP pass: 8% + 5% SRT = 13%
  • For artists who hold GOLD pass: 6% + 5% SRT = 11%

Distribution of Gold and VIP passes
(Available on NG secondary market: Nifty Gateway) :

• VIP pass: 2373 editions
  • Gold pass: 477 editions

Some examples of artists who do hold #33Family Gold and/or Family passes are (in alphabetical order A-Z): Alotta Money, Billelis, Bassjackers, Dave Krugman, DotPigeon, Jacob Riglin, Lefty Out There, Lushsux, Mad Dog Jones, Michael Benisty, NessGraphics, Odious, Skygolpe, Tom Yoo, Trevor Jones and Vhils.

AND THE BEST BIT…

For commissions earned with each release, we aim to have a redistribution model. For each drop the commission earned will be split 50% towards #33Family Gold and VIP passes holders and the remaining 50% be used for promotion, marketing and any other costs incurred during the launch and future IRL events.

This is to further incentivize artists to continue to be a part of #33Family community.

“5yrs!? No one knows what is happening in 5hrs, let alone 5yrs!”

An NFT is much more than a ‘jpeg on the blockchain’, or an ‘access/rights token’. An NFT has a much more intrinsic quality, and that is ‘connection’. We have never before seen the ease and efficiency of true connectivity within the internet community. NFT’s allow you to curate your digital identity, and seamlessly connect with like-minded people in a way we’ve never done before.

There will be little to no barriers of entry, to the point where art is a smile and code is a hug.

Our 33 space would be a Cosmopolitan composed of premium vodka, triple sec, cranberry juice and freshly squeezed lime juice. The #33Family cocktail aims to bring awareness of fine art and NFTs to the masses while simultaneously bringing forward a myriad of flavours (artists) with a strong community behind them.

We have not chosen this cocktail based on its simplistic (and delicious) ingredients, more so for its literal term ‘Cosmopolitan: 1. including people from many different countries.’.

The diverse nature of the NFT community is our strength. So we’d like to raise our glasses to the cosmopolitan community we represent.

Art is everything. Please vote for us. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Love this. You have my vote. P

3 Likes

I love it. Very excited about this! :white_heart:

2 Likes