Decentralizing SuperRare: the Multi-List Platform Model (Request for Comments)

Hey Team,

First of all, this is an absolute delight to see the team taking a step forward as web3 and decentralisation takes over. And as I read the article and am listening to the Twitter Spaces happening about this, it’s a fair step after a year of consideration to move from gated or limited amount of artist on-boarders than to expand this to community and curators approved artists.

Coming to a couple of questions I have about this model which is absolutely tempting:

1. While the SR Labs stay the A curator and we onboard more community or RARE holders voted curators, how will it not be influenced by any other factors apart from the voting?

2. Do the artist approvals by curators or list have a particular criteria still (Eg. Their current popularity, traditional experience IRL or number of sales or volume they have already made.) or do we also have more curators who would have an autonomous decision to onboard a new and promising artist even if they don’t have enough followers on Social Media or any other NFT marketplaces?

3. Will there be a hierarchy to the curators and if yes, on what criteria, and would it make artists reach out or be on radar on particular lists and curators or would that be easier by having radar on any curator across the platform and/or if more curators approve them, the votes will decide to onboard the artist as a full citizen on Super Rare?

Really productive conversation and update. Look forward to what SR will achieve in 2023. :slight_smile:

Ashu

I just joined todays space and I wanted to follow up…

What I’m creating with the Roll Forever collection is a collaborative video with other professional skateboarders. I went to submit these to @chikai for Monolith but I realized that these minted pieces only show up on the Monoliths SR page and not the artist page as well.

If there’s a way to make the tokens show up on each page that would be amazing !!

This situation makes it hard because as a creator, I’m putting in endless hours to edit these videos and make something special as a collection, in the hopes to get it involved with SuperRare but I didn’t want 50 of them on my page and 50 on another page. This collection is the heart of what I’m going to be putting into the space so I didn’t submit. What your building is amazing and I believe this is the way to go. This collection holds so much history of skateboarding, along with this generations top tier and it doesn’t get the chance because of this situation. 6 Days the 1st auction for the collection goes live and We’d love to see skateboarding on SR

1 Like

Hi @Ashu thank you for your input! If you’re interested to learn more, you can attend our town hall in our discord tomorrow! Here’s the link to RSVP.

There might have been a miscommunication somewhere. Artwork published on Spaces, will also appear on the creator’s profile.

I had to double check on this and nothing showed up on his personal OS page with over 300+ pieces.

Ah, SuperRare doesn’t currently index all of a creators NFTs, only the ones minted through SR. But I agree SR should eventually show all of a creators works on the platform, regardless. :raised_hands:

Revisiting this after a few months. Growth at all costs is not sustainable. Ethereum blockchain open developments means many other marketplaces available and 99% simply want to copycat superrares success. Market becomes diluted. Spaces are mostly community dividers currently, with a touch of collusion, and another touch of dividing the community further or their own agenda that has nothing to do with superrare or the community. Web2 art realm players simply seek bring more buyers to their established and failed model. New and old artists arent selling work. Superrare new hires canned. Conclusion slower growth, resources bettet sprnt on higher individual artist needs and requirements, community guidelines being better engorced and better current community support. Opensea is already the walmart of nfts, superrare is rare and is art. My 2 cents