Space Race #3 [April '22]

Art Angels Enters The Space Race (thank you for your consideration!)

1. Space name / team name:

Art Angels

1. Name and email of primary contact:

Art Angels

[email protected]

1. Names of additional Space admins:

Connor Senay: [email protected]

Sarah Klauber: [email protected]

Jacquelin Napal: [email protected]

Kat Emery: [email protected]

1. SuperRare username(s) of everyone involved with your Space:

@artangels

1. Short bio of you and/or your team:

Art Angels is a progressive, contemporary art gallery based in Los Angeles that pushes the boundaries of art and culture through technology and creative innovation. Since September 2020, Art Angels has brought many of their physical artists into the NFT space while providing education and legitimacy of the NFT industry to their global collector base. The gallery represents esteemed NFT and physical artists such as Christopher Florentino, Micah Johnson, Brendan Murphy, Lyle Owerko, Cecile Plaisance, Nick Veasey and more. As a female-founded business, Art Angels is determined to support a greater presence of female artists and thought leaders into the NFT space.

1. Website & Social Media Links:

Instagram: @ArtAngels

Twitter: @ArtAngelsLA

Tik Tok: @ArtAngelsLA

1. Summary/manifesto of your Space (~500 words). What is your unique value prop / elevator pitch? What type of art will you focus on? How will your Space stand out among the crowd?

Translating from their physical gallery to the digital realm, Art Angels strives to bring thoughtfully curated collections and artists to the SuperRare community. With a decade of experience in the art industry, the Art Angels have gained global notoriety for being tastemakers in the contemporary and modern art world. This endeavor for their brand continues into the metaverse with musing curations that not only present artworks from their current roster of artists but also tap into authentic digital artists from within the SuperRare community. Within the Art Angels space, an interconnected display of established, emerging, and digital artists are presented cohesively with impactful messages and inspired artworks.

As a female-founded business, Art Angels is eager to continue supporting women in the NFT space with thoughtful partnerships and events to parallel the metaversal space with a physical gallery in Los Angeles. In addition to their contribution of artists, Art Angels seeks to encourage all types of collectors to embrace the NFT market by providing thoughtful education about the space and legitimacy of the artists that are represented.

Our curated conversation on May 12 with select female artists from SuperRare i.e. Ayla El-Moussa and Lindsey Price will allow for a myriad of demographics interested in NFTs and web3 to interact with influential, digitally native artists in our gallery space. Art Angels aims to build community around their Space, allowing participants to engage with the artists and better understand their messaging as the artists educate and inspire. We want to bridge the gap between novice and experienced collectors, between web3 and the physical world.

1. Describe you/your team’s experience curating and promoting artwork:

Our gallery has operated for seven years with a constant rotation of artist curations. Physically, we’ve curated stunning collections at prestigious international fairs such as Art Basel, CONTEXT Art Fair, Palm Beach Modern & Contemporary and this year are exhibiting works by our very own Flore at the Venice Biennale through November.

With NFTs, we’ve found great success with our email marketing campaigns, social media, and PR opportunities. Since the flag has been planted in Twitter for all things metaverse, we’ve grown our presence there to build a strong community focused around culminating fruitful discussion and artistic expression in web3. We are placing the finishing touches on our virtual Art Angels gallery in Decentraland which will expand upon every physical exhibition we have in the future and showcase our artists’ NFTs minted on SuperRare.

To bridge the metaphysical gap, Art Angels and SuperRare present “Meta Spectrum,” a women-led curation highlighting 10 female artists whose vivid works seamlessly mesh their unique energetic frequencies together, emphasizing their individual expressions through demonstration of color. This will take place on May 12 in our Los Angeles gallery space.

1. Describe you/your team’s experience organizing exhibitions, making art sales, running auctions, networking with collectors, etc:

At Art Angels, we are thoroughly experienced in hosting exhibitions, sales, auctions, art fairs, networking with collectors as well as other leaders in the art industry. We work with architects, interior designers, celebrity clientele, and additional partners throughout major key cities.

1. Are there new artists you’d like to bring into your Space in the first six months? What is your relationship to them?

Yes. Initially, we are eager to expand our space with select female artists that are represented by the gallery. More timely, we are preparing for Stefania Nazzal’s solo exhibition, showcasing physical artworks and accompanied by her genesis NFT drop on SuperRare, at our gallery in Los Angeles. We envision our “Space” running parallel with this event by offering our first SuperRare-exclusive NFT collection.

1. Are there any artists already in the CryptoArt space that you are planning to work with? Have they committed to participating yet?

At the moment, we have kept our NFT projects exclusively within the profile of artists we currently represent, but Jessica Ticchio is an incredible digital artist who we are planning to onboard in conjunction with our upcoming exhibition. We are extremely eager to tap into more digitally native artists within the SuperRare community to join the Art Angels in exhibition. This will allow us to display their artwork within our gallery and promote them within our channels.

1. If selected, how soon could you launch your first exhibition?

In partnership with SuperRare, we have tapped eight female artists from the SR community to display their works within our LA gallery. These works will run in tandem with Stefania Nazzal, a phygital artist represented by Art Angels, during her solo exhibition, “After the Rain.”

On May 12, we will simultaneously host a solo exhibition on one side of our gallery, while entertaining a digital exhibition on the other. The female-led exhibition, titled “Meta Spectrum,” will bridge the gap between physical and digital art and display a small curation of SR artists whose artworks we feel also “embody” the thematics presented in her show. Additionally, Stefania Nazzal’s genesis NFT will be released on the SuperRare marketplace.

In addition to Stefania and the eight SR artists, we have also selected Jessica Ticchio, a digitally native artist from Australia, to join SuperRare as the first female, digitally native artist to join Art Angels.

1. Please provide any additional details about how you plan to operate this Space; e.g. cadence of releases, auction strategy, number of artworks, other ideas for promoting your art and artists, etc.

We are eager to present curations on a quarterly basis with supporting content and opportunities generated monthly – we envision our partnership to be a sliding scale of opportunities that range in capabilities. For example, we could host digitally native curations as easily as 1x per month and quarterly events with SuperRare that are more elevated and tailored to a physical / digital integration. Additionally, we would be eager to participate and partner with other spaces, curators and SuperRare hosted events to showcase our support of the partnership.

1. How do you plan to structure commission rates for the artists who release in your Space?

Our commission rates work on a sliding scale that is tailored independently to each artist’s project. This scale is determined on the lift in which Art Angels is responsible for– Our primary services offered to our artists range from project management, to creative writing, PR and social media coverage, targeted collector outreach, and general metaverse brand management.

Currently, we have our artists in contract with us that allows them to showcase their art under the Art Angels brand umbrella. This allows us to obtain and report all payments from the marketplace sales, track all data of NFT drops, and provide monthly payouts to our artists for primary & secondary sales.

As we move forward with our represented artists minting on SuperRare, smart contracts will be written to ensure payments are seamlessly and accurately deployed to respective parties upon purchase.

1. To you, what is the importance of NFTs as a medium/technology? Where do you see the NFT and CryptoArt space in five years?

We find the NFT space to be an incredible opportunity for greater accessibility to art. We have always supported the digital space to become a legitimized medium of expression for artists and creators, and we strive to educate existing collectors to believe in this industry as well. In addition to accessibility, we appreciate the user journey of displaying and curating NFT artwork in collectors homes. By expanding partnerships into the technology space for NFT displays, we understand the value of collectors having the power to be their own curators with artworks that represent their interests, emotions and/or surroundings.

Five years from now, we anticipate to see more technologically advanced artworks that also embody a community and/or larger mission outside of the artist themselves. We foresee collectors embracing the digital canvas within their homes and displaying artworks utilizing technology similarly to listening to spotify. We also foresee great opportunities for artists to connect outside of their sphere with more intimate relationships with collectors and brands.

1. If your Space were a cocktail or a dish, what would it be and why?

Art Angels would undoubtedly be a cake… well decorated, creative, and artistic in expression, while also having layers of flavor inside. We offer an aesthetically pleasing dish with attention to color, texture, style, and execution. Inside, we’re a burst of bright flavor that is created by individual ingredients coming together to create a melodic flavor palette. We believe that cakes represent celebratory moments and elevate emotions, and we hope our artworks elicit those same feelings of excitement from our collectors.

1. Anything else you’d like the community to know/consider?

Art Angels is set apart from traditional galleries within the NFT space as we have actively participated and supported the growth and evolution of the digital evolution since our involvement in 2020. We have always supported our artist’s ventures into this new medium; whether they have enlisted our assistance or not, we have supported NFTs as an opportunity to expand their personal messaging. To us, the digital space provides a safe platform for artists to express themselves and further drive their missions. We see incredible opportunities to continue building community and financial support for this industry by legitimizing and normalizing it to the traditional art world.

My apologies. I couldn’t upload a PDF. Here is the text, updated. Please let me know if there are any other questions or wants. Adam.

Space Race Season 3

0°N, 180°W / TransMedia Fox

Adam Grimm / [email protected]

Currently just myself. Though in discussion with Eoin, a current MakersPlace artist, to join.

tfershi

I’m a transitioning Explosive Ordnance Disposal (Bomb Squad) from the USAF. After years of exploring the world, and seeing some of its worst, I’m dedicating the rest of my life to capturing beauty and wonder through a lens. A lover of light and presentation, I’m currently designing innovative ways to enhance the availability and styles of displaying photography. I’ve studied film photography at Arizona State University and digital photography at SCAD in Savannah, GA. I have earned my Certified Professional Photographer title with the Professional Photographers of America. My recently established business, TransMedia Fox LLC, is the focal point for my vision of brining fine art photography to more lives using traditional and future forward technology. Along with landscapes, I specialize in portrait work. I’m currently working a meta/AR platform for presentations also. Though, you’ll still find me exploring nature and hunting for the perfect sunrise many days.

1. IG @Transmedia.Fox /Website in works.

Current Links at: www.linktr.ee/transmediafox

Discord: also established as a tech/art conglomerate: https:// discord.gg/yfz49tXt6M

TRANSMEDIA FOX

I’ll focus on art created from the Pacific Islands. I’ve traveled to Papua New Guinea, Guam, Wake Isle, and I live in Hawai’i. I have the ability to reach into American Samoa and the Philippines. I’ll be working on establishing connections into other areas. This part of the world is diverse and under represented. Plus, many communities are poor or beyond poor. I feel being able to bring an outlet for traditional and modern art from the Pacific will help bolster support, knowledge, and respect for this part of the world. Hopefully, while helping communities. This will be a focal point for some of areas/artists. I’m also building an AR presentation platform that I can use for local shows for artists to show in the community, or possible host shows for travelers. The idea is to have a physical show with AR enhancements or have some of the NFT pieces display as AR only if needed.

I’m a photographer with 20+ years of shooting experience. I studied at ASU and SCAD and am currently at the University of Hawaii. Art, with all things in the Pacific, is run by who you know. I’m hoping to leverage SuperRare’s platform to overcome the political barriers many island based artists face.

I’ve had my own photography business since 2017. I recently tore it down and created a new one with a new focus (TransMedia Fox), commercial photography and NFT/AR/ meta immersion capabilities. I’ll be honest, It’s a new platform and I’m still launching. I have work displayed in hotels and a top of the line hair salon in Honolulu. The owner there loves art movements and I plan on installing digital displays to promote the NFTs there also. I have several alumni connections from SCAD through the Hawaiian islands who’s works could be included, as well as helping to network for other artists and venues. I have also recently connected with several well known local (Hawaii) PR reps that I’ll be utilizing to help push a local NFT craze. There are a lot of potential buyers and artists, as well as travelers, into the Pacific. I just need to complete a small network of locations to utilize.

I know several photographers who’s works would be perfect for this platform. It’s my comfort zone and where I can expand the easiest. I have a professional relationship with a few of them from working here. I’ll be scouting other type of artists including illustrators, graphic artists, and painters instantly though. I’ll be looking at making some of the traditional sculpture and items into 3D NFTs also.

Tech runs slow in the Pacific in many areas, thats my motivation for the Space Race. But I’ll be researching.

I should be able to launch a photography exhibition with 3-5 artists within 3 months. I’ll be looking to add other medias though so it’s not solely photography. Again, it’s my easiest guarantee to start with.

I’m planning on starting with 2 sections. One for more established and popular artists and then an up and coming section. However, they will be displayed intermixed to allow the popularity of the established help to foster the younger. But some priorities will be giving to the established ones to ensure the value of the opportunity for them also.

Initial plan is 5% Super Rare, and 20-12% for my team. There will be a reduced commission for established artists who are able to contribute in volume. My numbers are flexible, as I don’t fully know the costs that will be involved with the space. However, my goal in any venture is to make sure all parties walk away happy from a transaction and motivated to do it again. Happy artists perform better and are easier to manage, as is a happy management team, and collectors. I’ll be striving for the proper balance until I find it.

I’m an old photog who loves “toys”. I used to operate and teach high end imagery, equipment, and robotics in the bomb squad. The newer generations are moving to the web and videogames over television and movies. The latter is outdated and saturated in marketing and politics. NFTs give a direct path for a creator and consumer to interact. It is the future. There is no question. How the details work out is unknown, but NFTs are here for a long time. I predicted the Twitch gaming NFT platform a few months ago. Being able to sell epic moments in gaming. Clearly a billion dollar idea. But, I know art. I love art. And I want to move my passion into the future for creators and collectors.

I make a Pacific version of a Gin and Tonic. About 65% Italian soda, 25% Gin-top self of choice, and about 10% lime juice. I think that will my gallery staple. It’s classic, adaptive, has a twist of newness and uncertainty, but ultimately is delicious on a warm tropical night and makes you want more.

I just want to say thank you for reading my proposal. Getting photography and art into the Web3 space is a huge passion of mine and I’ve been researching all aspects for the past year. I’m still growing and learning this space, but I’m well versed in making things work with varying resources and timelines. I have a robust history of team building, I have managed multi million dollar accounts, and held a Top Secret Clearance. I’m capable and reliable. But mostly I’m just excited to build a system that allows me to support and grow art and artists.

Cordially,

Adam Grimm, CPP

Space name / team name:

Universe beings

Name and email of primary contact:

Maria / [email protected]

Names of additional Space admins:

SuperRare username(s) of everyone involved with your Space:

Mark_universebeings – product manager. PhD
Vlad_universebeings – Al engineer
Ann_universeneings – marketing manager
Auake – blockchain developers TL

Short bio of you and/or your team:

Universe beings team is built on a collaboration of art and technology professionals.

Maria - founder, curator
Masha holds an MA in Curatorial Studies from Bard College (New York, 2019)

Professional experience:

Co-founder at White Lines - https://wl-art.com/ - online contemporary art gallery

Head at Interval Art http://interval-art.com/ - charity project for artists promotion

Ann_universeneings – curator, marketing manager

Nadya – smm manager
Vasilisa – operational manager
Ksenia – graphic designer

Website & Social Media Links:

Web - https://universebeings.com/
Instagram - universebeings
Twitter - universebeings
Telegram - universebeings

Summary/manifesto of your Space (~500 words). What is your unique value prop / elevator pitch? What type of art will you focus on? How will your Space stand out among the crowd?

Let’s imagine that there is intelligent life in distant galaxies. If it is built as a community, then they have their own news, memes and aesthetic ideals. They live on their planet according to the same physical laws as we do, but the development of their civilization could have gone in a completely different way … Which way do you think? What do these creatures look like? What do they feel?
We invite creators and inventors in the digital sphere to think outside the box and limit yourself only with the laws of physics and reflect on inventing new forms of life. We want you to submit one of your works, whether old or new, that shows beings in the universe who live far away from humans. It is important that the work is done digitally!
After sending the application, all works will be reviewed by the curators, who will determine the further participants in the project. With the selected creators, a collection of NFT tokens "Universe beings’’ will be created. It will be released for sale in June. After the sale of the collection, we will accompany the artists on the platform for the necessary navigation for several months. This is a great chance to start navigating a new promising space, accompanied by professionals ans earn Ethereum.

Describe you/your team’s experience curating and promoting artwork:

We participate in Blazar art fair, Third place art fair, regullary promote and sell art works online & offline.

Describe you/your team’s experience organizing exhibitions, making art sales, running auctions, networking with collectors, etc:

For the last 5 year we held exhibitions at different venues - from classic museums spaces to abandoned factories.

https://wl-art.com/events - White lines gallery special projects

http://interval-art.com/vanishingpoints Vanishing points @ Myth Galery

http://interval-art.com/makabre_loop maK?aBre_Loop @ MISP museum

http://interval-art.com/smirisipoi Calm down and sing @ Anna Nova gallery

http://interval-art.com/waterunderthebridge - Water under the bridge @ MISP museum

& more.

Are there new artists you’d like to bring into your Space in the first six months? What is your relationship to them?

We hold an open call among all interested artists, analyze the quality of work and select several to participate in the experiment of interaction between humans and artificial intelligence in order to create a collection of 10,000 characters of extraterrestrial beings

Are there any artists already in the CryptoArt space that you are planning to work with? Have they committed to participating yet?

We attract digital artists with no experience in integration and promotion in crypto art, in order to help them expand the boundaries and depths of professional activity and artistic practice

If selected, how soon could you launch your first exhibition?

In June

Please provide any additional details about how you plan to operate this Space; e.g. cadence of releases, auction strategy, number of artworks, other ideas for promoting your art and artists, etc.

1.     Open call – till 8 of May

2.     Curators research – till 20 May

3.     Artists and AI collaboration – till 20 June

4.     Official release – till 30 June

How do you plan to structure commission rates for the artists who release in your Space?

Artists – 50%
Team – 50%

Secondary sales:

Artist – 10%
Collector – 90%

To you, what is the importance of NFTs as a medium/technology? Where do you see the NFT and CryptoArt space in five years?

World are just steps away from the digital revolution, where NFT`s take fundamental role. Web3 is gaining momentum, the best minds in the world are focused on everyday improvements and we go along with them. we hope the metaverses will be filled with love, kindness, joy and peace.

If your Space were a cocktail or a dish, what would it be and why?

Apple celery smoothie. We love freshness.

1 Like
    Decentral Art Pavilion

2. Name and email of primary contact:

[email protected]

1. Names of additional Space admins:

Florencia Brück
Javier Krasuk
Diego Lijtmaer
Nassib Ghannam
Ariana Grava

1. SuperRare username(s) of everyone involved with your Space:

@florenciaBrück
@Javier_Krasuk
ariannagrava
thecollective

1. Short bio of you and/or your team:
    Decentral Art Pavilion is a for profit, privately owned technology and art collective that aims to educate, engage and enthrall the aficionado, the collector, the art institutions and the public at large. In this fast-evolving creative dominion of NFTs , through the curation of international exhibitions, that showcase artists that are transcending between the world of traditional art to the NFT space and vice versa.

2. Website & Social Media Links:
    dartpavilion - Twitter
    decentralartpavilion - Instagram
    decentralartpavilion.io
    Decentralartpavilion - discord

3. Summary/manifesto of your Space (~500 words). What is your unique value prop / elevator pitch? What type of art will you focus on? How will your Space stand out among the crowd?

We are a real world international art exhibition, showcasing international artists that use NFT’s as a medium. Our mission is to bridge the gap between the NFT and mainstream space by speaking the language of traditional art while promoting the pioneers of digital arts.

All individuals that take part in our space have a place in our physical exhibition that is currently at the Palazzo Giustinian Lolin in the heart of Venice in parallel to the Venice Biennale. We are a group of seasoned artists, curators and collectors that are at the forefront of physical exhibitions in the NFT world creating immersive experiences allowing individuals to feel the work in an unprecedented form .

1. Describe you/your team’s experience curating and promoting artwork:

Florencia Brück:

Florencia has exhibited works and participated in art festivals in locations including

– “REPLICATION”, Kesselhaus Linden, Hannover, DE

– “THE_SPACE_WE_LIVE_IN, ARCHE- Architecture of the Universe, Feedback_Society”, Venice Architecture Biennale, GAD Giudecca Art District, Venice, IT

– “Santi Quaranta” in collaboration with Isorropia Homegallery, Chiesa di San Vittore e 40 Martiri, Milano, IT.

– “OUT-OF-BODY” Kunsthalle Faust, Hannover, DE.

– “FAR FROM HOME” Venice Art Biennial, Pavilion 02, Venice, IT

– “TENSION AND INTERLUDE” Solo show, Giudecca Art District Gallery, Venice, IT

– “DISPLACEMENT”, Palazzo Zenobio, Venice, IT

– “BAI Fellows”, Berlin, DE

– “Art Spring”, Berlin, DE

– Evita Museum (art work in permanent collection), Buenos Aires, Argentina

– “Estilo Pilar Fair”, Buenos Aires, ARG

– “Experiments in Light, Color, Sound, Cinematic and Space”, FOA, Site Specific Art Installation, Buenos Aires, ARG

– “Reflexiones sobre la contemporaneidad desde el arte Latinoamericano”, Exposición Plástica, Espacio Cultural Donceles 66, Centro Histórico de la Ciudad de México, MEX

– “International Houston Fine Art Fair”, Houston, USA

– Centro Cultural Borges, “Mirá Festival de Arte”, Buenos Aires, ARG

– Casa de la Cultura de Tlalpan, Mexico City, MEX

– Facultad De Derecho, Universidad de Buenos Aires, ARG

– Espacio Cultural Donceles 66, Mexico City 2014

– Club San Isidro, Buenos Aires, ARG

– Imaginario Galeria de Arte, Buenos Aires, ARG

– La Recova de Posadas, Buenos Aires ARG

– Pilar a cielo abierto, ARG

– Exposición Colectiva, Foto Club Buenos Aires, ARG

ARIANNA GRAVA

Born in Italy and graduated in Art Management from the Catholic University of Milan and a Master’s degree in Arts & Heritage Management from Bocconi University, Arianna is focused on Italian Post-War and Contemporary art.

She has contributed to the realization of numerous art projects with Italian and foreign artists dealing with the organization, fundraising and curating: “Sudden Time” by Chiara Dynys at Villa Panza Varese, ”A Portrait of Everyone, Everywhere" personal exhibition by Daniele Sigalot at Milan Malpensa Airport, Beware by Nicola Evangelisti, BlueShores by Federico Garibaldi at Unicredit Pavilion in Milan, collective exhibition of Settimo Benedusi, Marco Lodola and Gian Piero Gasparini at the National Archaeological Museum Ex Mercato dei Bozzoli of Mantova, “De Oraculis Novis” personal exhibition by Marco Mendeni, “Art, Women and Society” personal exhibition by Barbara Colombo and Eleonora Pozzi at the Pietro Rossini Art Foundation, “Intima” and “3” personal exhibition by Francesco Bertola at Etra Studio Tommasi in Florence, and numerous group exhibitions of Italian and foreign artists at private companies such as banks ( Credit Suisse, Unicredit, Azimut SIM SpA) and companies (Swiss Center of Milan, Laura Meroni Design Collection, Boscolo Hotel, Magna Pars Hotel, Nhow Hotel, Luxury Living, and Zanaboni Collection etc…). Arianna interviewed numerous Italian contemporary artists and has participated on several occasions as a speaker for conferences: 2021 Triennale Museum in Milan (the code of beauty); 2021 Istituto Marangoni (Art & Artificial Intelligence); 2018 Arte Fiera Bologna (The balance in art, from the De Stiji movement to contemporary art ); 2017 La Statale University of Milan (Creativity and Artificial Intelligence); 2016 Milan Design Week, Tortona District (the thin line that between art and design).

Javier Krasuk

Javier Krasuk is a contemporary abstract artist. His work is known for his dynamics in painting based in form and color. The synergy between fast curves and geometrical perception in large format pieces triggers an emotional character to his art portraying the unmistakable signature of his work

Javier Krasuk was borne in Buenos Aires Argentina in 1966. He studied Architecture at the University of Buenos Aires where he received his first Masters of Architecture in 1990. He moved to Washington DC and received a Masters of Arts and Sciences in Architecture from Virginia Tech (USA) in 1992. He currently lives in Washington DC, Buenos Aires, and Milan

Relevant Achievements

International Silver medal of Architecture – Bienal of Architecture BA/85 by Arch. Mario Botta, Arch. Richard Meier, Arch. Kisho Kurokawa and Arch, Cesar Pelli; National Building Museum, Washington DC, USA – exhibit “WIA project” 93’; Smithsonian Institution – exhibit “WIA project” 94’; Top 20 Beatport’s Chart – Prize – “Dosis Album” 2014; Top 5 Mixcloud Chart – Prize – “CNTRL live Mix” – 2015; Palazzo Zenobio, Venice, Italy – Exhibit – 2016; ADE Netherlands – “Kinetics Album” ADE essentials 2016; Berlin Art Week, BAI, Berlin, Germany – Exhibit 2018; Palazzo Zenobio, Venice, Italy – Exhibit 2018. Pre-Biennale Arte 2019 Solo show exhibit at the GAD Gallery, March 2019, Pavillion 02 “FFH” co-autor with Florencia Bruck and Harro Schmidt, Biennale Arte 2019 collateral event, – 2020, Pavilion O2 Hanover, Germany.

1. Describe you/your team’s experience organizing exhibitions, making art sales, running auctions, networking with collectors, etc:

Among many other traditional art curations, Singularity” is a deep-dive into decentralized art, aiming to educate, engage and enthrall the aficionado, the collector, and the public at large; in such a fast-evolving creative dominion it is crucial to foster a dialogue around NFTs and their impact on mainstream art, in order to develop a wider public understanding and appreciation of decentralized technologies. This engaging and lucid exhibition is the first anthological presentation of world-acclaimed NFT artworks, casting light on the spectacular culture around the NFT community, while fostering artistic experiences that determine the social significance of digitization for future generations. Curated by Florencia Brück, Javier Krasuk, and Ariana Grava.

The strength of Decentral Art Pavilion is that we sell directly to the art museums, private collections and institutions, we provide assistance in onboarding collectors into the blockchain space from creation of wallets to security best practices.

1. Are there new artists you’d like to bring into your Space in the first six months? What is your relationship to them?
  • Fabio Giampietro
  • Paolo Regis
  • Alberto Maria Colombo
  • Andrea Boncaceto
  • Federico Garibaldi
  • Francesco Bertola
  • Danilo Falá
  • Giuseppe Veneziano
  • Aaron Penne

The artist list stated above are part of our physical exhibition and have committed to be part of our SuperRare Space.

1. Are there any artists already in the CryptoArt space that you are planning to work with? Have they committed to participating yet?

The following list of artists are already been onboarded on SuperRare and have committed to participating.

• Jesse Draxler
  • Luis Ponce
  • Federica Belli
  • Valentina Picozzi
  • Rizacan Kumas
  • Emmanuel Ferrari
  • Cristina De Middel
  • Andy Feltman
  • Dominika Cuda
  • John Knopf
  • Karen Jerzyk
  • Leyla Emektar
  • Max Vadakul
  • Robert Alice
  • Robert F. Hammerstiel
  • ScotchTape
  • Aaron Penne
  1. If selected, how soon could you launch your first exhibition?
    If selected we can launch our exhibition within 3 days.

2. Please provide any additional details about how you plan to operate this Space; e.g. cadence of releases, auction strategy, number of artworks, other ideas for promoting your art and artists, etc.

We plan to create additions in parallel to our physical exhibitions hosted around the globe. We are going to onboard artist in each city, and create a catalog and we are going to invite mainstream curators when we have themed weekends regarding specific sectors in the art space.

1. How do you plan to structure commission rates for the artists who release in your Space?
    We plan to charge a 10% commission for our services of exhibiting the artworks in our spaces and at our physical exhibitions. We will be promoting artists through our channels and at several physical events we host.

2. To you, what is the importance of NFTs as a medium/technology? Where do you see the NFT and CryptoArt space in five years?
    The importance of NFT’s to us is the revolutionary nature that it has provided to digital artists that previously did not have true ownership of their works. NFT’s allow digital artists to push their works on a global scale.

In five years, people will view CryptoArt as art and not use the term NFT’s as they will be very common. This evolution will occur as adoption increases and technology advances in the coming years.

1. If your Space were a cocktail or a dish, what would it be and why?

We are a large macchiato with 4 shots of espresso, because of the fast paced environment that we operate in. We set up exhibitions at a rapid pace, while planning for the next exhibitions, the quality we provide is unprecedented.

17.Anything else you’d like the community to know/consider.

Decentral Art Pavilion is not just an exhibition, it is an artistic cultural movement to propel traditional artists into the NFT space. We collaborate with a number of universities to research the digital art space in an effort to push the understanding of individuals. We study how this social movement is changing the creative process in partnership with leading universities.

Fellowship

2. Name and email of primary contact:
Alejandro Cartagena ([email protected])

3. Names of additional Space admins:
Christopher McCall
Chadwick Tyler
Fernando Gallegos
Frederic Arnal
Studio137

4. SuperRare username(s) of everyone involved with your Space:
@studio137v
@halecar2
thechrismccall
chadwicktyler
gallegosfer
louisealexander
jamesgilbert

5. Short bio of you and/or your team:

Core Team

Alejandro Cartagena
An award winning photographer and publisher. Creator of Carpoolers which was one of the breakout successes of the NFT space. Also a co-founder of Obscura, the photographic commissions platform, the RAWDAO and Untitled DAO.

Christopher McCall
Founding Director at Pier 24 Photography, the largest exhibition space in the world dedicated solely to photography. Since 2008, Chris has helped build a collection of over 5,000 iconic photographs and hosted numerous critically acclaimed exhibitions which included works by renowned photographers such as Diane Arbus, Richard Avedon, Zanele Muholi, Hiroshi Sugimoto, Henry Wessel, and Hank Willis Thomas.

Chadwick Tyler
Photographer and creator of the successful NFT photography collection God’s People. Chadwick has significant experience and connections in the fashion and editorial space.

Frederic Arnal
Founding Director at Louise Alexander Gallery, launching and developing careers of key artists as well as exclusive representatives of the Guy Bourdin Estate.

Fernando Gallegos
Curator, editor and artist specialising in photography. He has a MVA and has worked extensively in web3 and NFTs to build a theoretical and conceptual understanding of this new era for the photographic medium.

James Gilbert
A serial entrepreneur and investor who has co-founded 6 technology companies; one of which recently raised $210M in funding. James is passionate about crypto, art and photography.

Studio137
A serial entrepreneur that has founded, acquired and sold tech businesses employing thousands of people. Also a major philanthropist, avid art collector and owner of one of the most valuable NFT photography and generative art collections, Studio137.

Advisory Board

Cooper Ray
He is the first photographer to deploy a custom smart contract via manifold.xyz for his genesis collection, and an evangelist of creator sovereignty and artist education. Cooper is a founding artist of RAW DAO and co-founder of The Untitled DAO.

Darius Himes
In his capacity as International Head of Photographs at Christie’s, Darius oversees a global team in three locations producing auctions, exhibitions and catalogues. Previously, Himes was director of Fraenkel Gallery, San Francisco.

Paula Ely
Vice President of the Board at PAC LA and avid collector of fine-art photography with an emphasis on art from Latin America.

6. Website & Social Media Links:

Web (new site coming soon)
Twitter
Discord

7. Summary/manifesto of your Space (~500 words). What is your unique value prop / elevator pitch? What type of art will you focus on? How will your Space stand out among the crowd?

Our vision is to celebrate and empower photographers of the past, present and future.

Our first exhibition will be the 137 Collection, bringing the biggest names in photography to the blockchain. We hope this will help turn the spotlight on photography and benefit the entire ecosystem with a flood of new collectors, paving the way for the next generation of photographers.

Volume One, launching in the summer, will contain over 500 images from 10 iconic photographers: Gregory Crewdson, Guy Bourdin, Hank Willis Thomas, Joel Meyerowitz, Joel Sternfeld, Katy Grannan, László Moholy-Nagy, Mitch Epstein, Petra Collins and Roger Ballen.

As well as bringing the best, we want to help build the next generation of photographers on the blockchain. We are committing a significant proportion of our fees to the Fellowship Futures Fund to collect, provide grants, support and awards to artists with a focus on diversity and inclusion, ensuring the next generation of photographers emphasises on diversity. The FF will be structured so that collectors and the broader community will have a say in shaping the future of photography.

8. Describe you/your team’s experience curating and promoting artwork:

The Fellowship team has curated and promoted contemporary photography with a holistic view of the medium. We see photography in NFTs as a boiling pot in which the history of the medium and its different genres can be combined and seen with new light in order to attract audiences that have never thought of photography as art or as a collectable object.

Christopher McCall is our lead curator and has helped Pier24 Photography build one of the finest collections of photography in the world, acquiring over 5,000 photographs across the past 14 years. Learn more about his approach to curation here. In 2019 McCall founded Parallax, an agency focusing on fine art photography — artists under representation include Katy Grannan, Todd Hido, Larry Sultan Estate, Deanna Templeton, Ed Templeton, and Studio Henry Wessel. Parallax placed 40 photographs by Ed Templeton and 41 photographs by Deanna Templeton into the permanent collection of the New York Museum of Modern Art, in 2021.

Fred Arnal is the founding director of Louise Alexander Gallery, developing a preeminent program representing a multifaceted group of internationally acknowledged contemporary artists. One of the most recent (re) discoveries by the gallery was Rick Lowe, who went on to work with Gagosian, is currently exhibited at the Whitney Biennial and has seen numerous museum acquisitions in the past few years.

Darius Himes, in his capacity as International Head of Photographs at Christie’s and previously as a director of Fraenkel Gallery, has curated a large number of auctions, exhibitions and catalogues.

Alejandro Cartagena co-founded both Fellowship and Obscura, two of the major photographic organisations working in the NFT space today. Centred on artist autonomy and artistic excellence, Alejandro has led successful programs in both organisations that have supported more than 200 artists to date including Reuben Wu, Cristina De Middel, Alec Soth, Todd Hido, Deanna Templeton, Jim Goldberg, Hannah Wittaker.

9. Describe you/your team’s experience organizing exhibitions, making art sales, running auctions, networking with collectors, etc.

Christopher McCall has led over 11 major exhibitions at Pier24’s 28,000 sq ft space dedicated to photography. His exhibitions have been shown at the High Museum, Aperture, Bombas Gens Centre d’Art, and Les Rencontres d’Arles.He has also negotiated innumerable acquisition of photography, publishing partnerships, institutional collaborations, and artists commissions. He also advises numerous photography collectors through his company Parallax.

Darius Himes has curated some of the most significant photography auctions in history in his capacity at Christie’s.

Frederic Arnal has collected and sold in excess of $40m+ of art at the gallery he founded, Louise Alexander.

10. Are there new artists you’d like to bring into your Space in the first six months? What is your relationship to them?

We have already agreed terms to launch the following collections (approx. 500 images in total) either directly with the artists or through their representatives. In addition to the 10 artists listed below we also have a pipeline of more than a dozen artists (50% women) that we expect to bring into our space within the next 6 months.

Gregory Crewdson, An Eclipse of Moths

Gregory Crewdson (b. 1962, Brooklyn, New York) is renowned for his merging of photography and cinema in his large-scale works. In utilizing strategies seen more often in film production, Crewdson conducts his photographs by taking the role of director, and employs large production crews and elaborate lighting to stage narratives with eerie and lonesome scenes of domesticity and life in small-town America.

Crewdson’s influential work has been collected by numerous museums, including Museum of Modern Art, the Metropolitan Museum of Art, the Whitney Museum of American Art, the Los Angeles County Museum of Art, and the San Francisco Museum of Modern Art, among others. The photographer’s work, ambitious in scale and scope, greatly influenced new generations of photographers who have continued examinations in the role of production, theatricality, and narrative storytelling within the lineage of photographic history.

Gregory Crewdson, Cathedral of the Pines

Gregory Crewdson, Dreamhouse

Guy Bourdin, Estate Selection

Born in France in 1928, Guy Bourdin is best known for his highly experimental photography. Predominantly working in colour Bourdin was a key contributor to French Vogue from 1955 to end of the 80’s, pushing the boundaries of fashion photography, presenting bold, often provocative images with a unique contemporary aesthetic.

Shot in France in the 1950s Bourdin’s early experimental work bridges the gap between Surrealism and Subjective Photography, simultaneously drawing on the past while at the same time adopting current trends. The past in his case is the influence of surrealism which can be seen in the way in which Bourdin approaches still life and portraiture. This surrealist influence in his work is often attributed to his close relationship with Man Ray, who in 1952 wrote the catalogue forward for Bourdin’s first solo exhibition. Guy Bourdin’s career spanned more than forty years during which time he worked for the world’s leading fashion houses and magazines.

Hank Willis Thomas

Hank Willis Thomas (b. 1976, Plainfield, NJ; lives and works in Brooklyn, NY) is a conceptual artist working primarily with themes related to perspective, identity, commodity, media, and popular culture.

His work has been exhibited throughout the United States and abroad including the International Center of Photography, New York; Guggenheim Museum Bilbao, Spain; Musée du quai Branly, Paris; Hong Kong Arts Centre, Hong Kong, and the Witte de With Center for Contemporary Art, Netherlands.

Joel Meyerowitz, Cape Light

Joel Meyerowitz (born in New York, 1938) is an award-winning photographer whose work has appeared in over 350 exhibitions in museums and galleries around the world. Celebrated as a pioneer of color photography, he is a two-time Guggenheim Fellow, a recipient of The Royal Photographic Society’s Centenary Medal. He has published over 40 books.

Joel Sternfeld, New American Prospects

Joel Sternfeld is an artist-photographer whose work is concerned with utopic and dystopic possibilities of the American experience. Ever since the publication of his landmark study, American Prospects in 1987 his work has maintained conceptual and political aspects, while also being steeped in history, art history, landscape theory and attention to seasonal passage. It is a melancholic, spectacular, funny and profound portrait of America.

His work represents a melding of time and place that serves to elucidate, honor, and warn. The images hold a certain urgency, as their histories survive solely through their photographic representation— they are an archive for the future. Sternfeld is the recipient of two Guggenheim Fellowships and spent a year in Italy on a Rome Prize. He teaches at Sarah Lawrence College, where he holds the Noble Foundation Chair in Art and Cultural History.

Katy Grannan, Boulevard

Katy Grannan (b.1969, Arlington, Massachusetts) is a widely recognized photographer who acts in collaboration with strangers to produce spontaneously staged photographs of otherworldly and magical-realist qualities. Her work is known for exploring people on the margins of society, those who the artist describes as “anonymous people.” Grannon holds a MA from Harvard University, and received an MFA in Photography from Yale in 1999.

Grannon’s work was included in the 2004 Whitney Biennial, and is held in collections such as The Metropolitan Museum of Art, the Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum, and The Whitney Museum of Art, among others. In 2015, her work was subject to a solo exhibition at Fotografiemuseum Amsterdam (FOAM).

László Moholy-Nagy, Estate Selection of works 1924 - 1930

Lazlo Maholy-Nagy (1895-1946) was a Hungarian painter and photographer who left a legacy of radical experimental photographic practices, and who pioneered innovative new approaches to photographic art. Maholy-Nagy’s explorations within broader fields of typology, sculpture, writing, and design were deeply influential to the Bauhaus art movement, a German artistic philosophy that unified notions of aesthetic vision, mass production, and utilitarian function.

Maholy-Nagy’s photographic practice explored possibilities of “cameraless” photography, experimenting with photograms and the medium’s fundamental principles of light, time, transparency, and chemical processes. The photographer’s legacy within the traditions of photography have since been cemented as a leading Modernist whose work paved the way for Abstract Expressionism and later experiments in photographic materiality and construction that continue to proliferate to this day.

Maholy-Nagy’s work has been subject to numerous exhibitions at institutions such as the Guggenheim Museum, Art Institute of Chicago, and Los Angeles County Museum of Art.

Mitch Epstein, Recreation

Mitch Epstein (born 1952, Holyoke, Massachusetts) is a photographer who helped pioneer fine-art color photography in the 1970s. His photographs are in numerous major museum collections, including New York’s Museum of Modern Art, Metropolitan Museum of Art, and Whitney Museum of American Art; The J. Paul Getty Museum in Los Angeles; the San Francisco Museum of Modern Art; and the Tate Modern in London.

The photographs from Recreation, made in the seventies and eighties, offer a window into the breadth of Mitch Epstein’s career. They are highlights from a body of work that goes back forty years. In this early work, the mundane startles, while the extraordinary appears at perfect ease in the world. Teenage girls abandon a baby to fondle a snake; children sleep ass to the wind on a car in an open campground. These photographed rituals of boredom and excess, alienation and possibility, are a distillation of modern America.

Petra Collins, Baron

Petra Collins is a multi-talented artist and director whose photography set the stylistic tone for much of the 2010s. Shooting since the age of 15, her work is fueled by self-discovery and a contemporary femininity which explore the complex intersection of life as a young woman online and off. Collins weaves through the worlds of art, fashion, film, and music.

For the sixth edition of Baron, artist Petra Collins flips the camera lens onto herself… more specifically into herself. Uninhibited, gross, disjointed, and confusing, Collins places us in a world filled with perverse personal thoughts and lucid landscapes. “I’ve seen my camera take on many truths. And the truths that shocked me the most to see, were my own. I see them in every image I have taken. Seldom am I the subject of my images but I often make my way into the matter of them”. Acknowledging this, these photographs are set in a world of ‘constructed’ domestic interiors contrasted with ‘real’ exterior locations and Collins own family and friends. The sixth instalment of Baron introduces the art director Sandra Leko who has collaborated with Collin’s to present this new body of work in book form that is inspired by the graphics and layouts of Japanese Kinbaku magazines, the sequencing of the images are disjointed, ambiguous and represent its own peculiar logic.

Roger Ballen, Outland

One of the most influential and important photographic artists of the 21st century, Roger Ballen’s photographs span over forty years. His strange and extreme works confront the viewer and challenge them to come with him on a journey into their own minds as he explores the deeper recesses of his own.

Over the past thirty five years his distinctive style of photography has evolved using a simple square format in stark and beautiful black and white. In the earlier works in the exhibition his connection to the tradition of documentary photography is clear but through the 1990s he developed a style he describes as ‘documentary fiction’. After 2000 the people he first discovered and documented living on the margins of South African society increasingly became a cast of actors working with Ballen in the series’ Outland (2000, revised in 2015) and Shadow Chamber (2005) collaborating to create powerful psychodramas.

11. Are there any artists already in the CryptoArt space that you are planning to work with? Have they committed to participating yet?

We are planning to commission work from photographers currently working in the NFT space as well as support emerging artists. Our first commission, Rescued (preview video here), is a first of its kind: a charitable, NFT-native photography project created specifically to raise funds for shelter dogs. 52 images with 100% of sales proceeds (after platform fee) to charity (Best Friends Animal Society).

12. If selected, how soon could you launch your first exhibition?

We would like to launch our first exhibition immediately, June 2022.

13. Please provide any additional details about how you plan to operate this Space; e.g. cadence of releases, auction strategy, number of artworks, other ideas for promoting your art and artists, etc.

We intend to release 5 - 15 images per week and we have agreed to release 500+ images across the artists we are supporting. These artists typically sell physical editioned prints for between $20k - $100k but we will start auctions with comparatively low reserves to encourage bidding. We will also potentially accept direct offers on work.

We have an extensive marketing budget to promote the work, with activities including a podcast (co-hosted by Christopher McCall and Alejandro Cartagena) to interview our artists, several IRL events, working with major museums, traditional art collectors and influencers to acquire pieces, exhibiting in big art fairs such as Paris Photo etc. We believe this will help validate the medium of NFTs as a significant development in the creation and collection of art, bringing new investment capital into the space and benefiting the ecosystem.

14. How do you plan to structure commission rates for the artists who release in your Space?

• 80% for the artist / estate
  • 15% Fellowship Studio (our commercial arm)
  • 5% Fellowship Futures Fund (to support the next generation of photographers)

15. To you, what is the importance of NFTs as a medium/technology? Where do you see the NFT and CryptoArt space in five years?

NFTs stand as a natural evolution to the medium of photography. In the last 30 years photography entered a questioning of its main place of circulation and nativeness. NFTs come into play to secure photography’s place in the internet as an original work of art in a digital form.

No other medium has been intrinsically linked to technology, or had as much experimentation with the web than photography. This amazing coincidence of photography and NFTs grants this lens based art the ability to flourish and experiment. The CryptoArt space is in its infancy and it is these foundational efforts done by SuperRare and organisations like Fellowship, that will create a new way to understand collecting and creating photography in the future.

16. If your Space were a cocktail or a dish, what would it be and why?

Flame-kissed Paella, cooked over a wood-burning fire and shared with friends and family.

17. Anything else you’d like the community to know/consider?

Thank you for your consideration :slight_smile:

Space name / team name: Beyond Fragmentation

Name and email of primary contact: Natasha Chomko / [email protected]

Names of additional Space admins: Michelle Thompson / Lindsay Kokoska

SuperRare username(s) of everyone involved with your Space: LifewithArt, RebeccaRose, POSTWOOK, Anna Mc Naughty, Michelle Thompson

We are a group of female collage artists who specialize in analog and digital collage. We were bonded by an alliance and motivated by our like minded ethos, genre of art, and aspirations for the future of cryptoart. To further these aims, we regularly host spaces together, we run a collage community, and vocally advocate and educate others about collage art as a medium to elevate this artform in the space.

Among the 7 of us, we have worked for a variety of clients around the globe, spanning from Chase Bank, the New York Times, Apple, SKY, Penguin, Adobe, ELLE Canada, Alan Watts, The Walt Disney Co., The Royal Family of Morocco, Lightstorm Entertainment, Lucasfilm, NBC Universal, Conde Nast Traveller, and Vogue UK. Our varied backgrounds and skills span decades and generations of experience, dating back to 1995. Collectively, we have a deep understanding of collage art as a medium – we aim to expand the positive impact of collage art in the cryptoart space for artists and collectors alike.

Natasha Chomko(b. 1995) is a Los Angeles based digital artist mainly focused on surreal landscape collage art with refined visionary and psychedelic elements. Her style aims to be palatable for both the seasoned psychonaut and average Joe, and everyone in between.

Her work combines snippets of landscapes from all over the globe to demonstrate how interconnected we all truly are. As a lifelong collager, Natasha challenges perception of shapes, color, and texture to create entirely new universes out of pre-existing photos.

Natasha strongly believes in the future of digital art and decentralization. Her fascination with copyright and open sourced content drive her dialogue in the web3 space, and she is committed to asking challenging questions to bridge the gap between art and technology.

Select Clients: Adobe, Chase Bank, Club Med, Firestone Walker Brewing Company, Inverse, Rise Records, Sony, Toyota, Ultra Music.

Erin McGean is a collage artist and teacher from Toronto, Canada who joined the NFT in March 2021. Erin has been producing collage art for over 10 and her work has been featured in several exhibits and publications including ELLE Canada. Erin is a creator, collector, and community builder in the NFT space. Early involvement in Rug Radio has led Erin to hosting spaces to onboard and elevate artists.

Michelle has been working as an Illustrator and collage artist for the past 26 years. A graduate from The Royal College of Art, Michelle’s work combines found materials with painted, drawn and printed elements. Her work alludes to shared memory - cutting-up and re-assembling images from recent history, to reflect contemporary themes and popular culture. Clients include the New York Times, Apple, Sky, Channel Four.

Lindsay is a surreal, mixed media collage artist from Canada and has been creating for over 20 years. She studied at Toronto School of Art and has a masters degree in graphic design. Her work has been featured in Candy Floss Magazine, Art Business Review and Ball Pit Magazine. Lindsay has exhibited in Denmark, South Korea, Hong Kong, LA, NYC & UAE and has designed for clients including Souleye, Alan Watts and several sports and yoga wear brands, as well Lindsay has produced and published an oracle deck.

Rebecca is a collage hologram artist focused on bringing NFTs off flat devices screens and into irl as NFT holograms. She has spoken at NFT.NYC, NFTBZL, Modernism Museum, ASMP NY Craft in America, and is confirmed to speak on forthcoming panels at NFT.NYC. She is an artist in residence at The Joan Mitchell Center, Ox-Bow/SAIC, and has won grants co-sponsored by The Robert Rauschenberg Foundation, The Andy Warhol Foundation, The Joan Mitchell Foundation, The Andrew Mellon Foundation, The Willem de Kooning Foundation, The Ford Foundation, and Bloomberg Philanthropic. Rebecca holds a BFA from Northern Arizona University, cum laude. She has created analog collage since the mid 90s, digital collage since 1998, and sculptural collage since 2000 where her work exhibited globally in exhibitions at The Whitney Museum of American Art, The Museum fur Kunst und Gewerbe, and Art Basel Miami Beach among others.

https://twitter.com/postwook

https://twitter.com/rebeccarosenft

https://twitter.com/lifewithart_

https://twitter.com/mich_tom

https://twitter.com/InfiniteMantra

Summary/manifesto of your Space (~500 words). What is your unique value prop / elevator pitch? What type of art will you focus on? How will your Space stand out among the crowd?

“Collage is more than just an art style. Collage is all about bringing different elements together. Once you form a sensibility about connection, how different elements relate to each other, you deepen your understanding of yourself and others.” - Author: Bryan Collier

Collage is the foundation in the majority of digital art; 10k generative NFT projects utilize layers of artwork collaged onto one another as are most 1/1 works created in photoshop, procreate, etc that use layers. 3D artists use collage, whether by way of pre-made or hand-sculped assets before rendering their work. Out of all artistic approaches found in NFTs, collage is almost always present, yet formal collage is often overlooked.

Collage stems from remix culture, fragments of old to create new, and highly creative motifs. Although cryptoart and collage art stem from similar backgrounds, the coverage and acceptance of collage art has not been seen within the cryptoart community and we aim to change that. We aim to change that and bring forth a collective of incredibly dedicated collage artists who consistently produce arresting and captivating works.

Moreover, we recognize that collage is a highly globalized artform and that Ether often presents a highly intimidating entry point for most first-time crypto artists. We aim to onboard more of the global collage community onto Ethereum by organizing a space to highlight and positively impact them.

We want to create a profitless space to uplift artists – with SuperRare being the premiere ETH marketplace, we feel as though the SuperRare Space Race is the perfect place to highlight and onboard premiere collage artists onto Ethereum.

Erin and Linzy host a show via Rug Radio weekly on Thursday at 6 pm EST to discuss and highlight artists working in 2d mediums with a particular focus on collage and composite photography. Erin and Linzy met through the Clubhouse community as the ‘token Canadians’ and now feel like non-biological sisters.

Erin is currently working with a group of organizers in Toronto to host an IRL exhibit that features both physical and digital art from Canadian artists. More info about the exhibit can be found here.

Lindsay works as a project manager for an NFT project that has over 50 artists involved. I have experience organizing artist spotlights and promoting the artists via social media.

Describe you/your team’s experience organizing exhibitions, making art sales, running auctions, networking with collectors, etc:

We are lucky to have Rebecca on our team who is on multiple curatorial teams focused on uplifting and amplifying underrepresented artists’ work in exhibitions.

Here’s a link to her curatorial efforts.

Since joining the NFT space, Rebecca has helped curate over 25 irl and metaverse exhibitions helping over 500 artists show their work through Searchlight and NFTs.Tips, many of whom found their first collector as a result.

Rebecca curates and onboards new artists for MakersPlace and KnownOrigin, is on the board of trustees for Vizmesh decentralizing curation and web3 exhibitions, and is an upcoming Rug Radio host for a weekly show called “Curator’s Corner” that will inform artists of upcoming exhibition opportunities, open calls for grants, calls to artists, and will help artists write bios, artist statements, and cvs to ready their bodies of work and launch their careers

Are there new artists you’d like to bring into your Space in the first six months?

What is your relationship to them?

YES! We want to round up all the analog and digital collage artists in the space.

5 people for the first round:

Linzy InfiniteMantra

Kirsten McKenzie midnightmoonv

Jasmin aeonbloom1

Paper Buddha paperbuddha

Frank Moth Frank_Moth

Are there any artists already in the CryptoArt space that you are planning to work with? Have they committed to participating yet?

Not at the moment.

Immediately.

Please provide any additional details about how you plan to operate this Space; e.g. cadence of releases, auction strategy, number of artworks, other ideas for promoting your art and artists, etc.

• Weekly Twitter spaces.
  • Calls for collage artists around specific themes.
  • Curated exhibits.
  • Fundraising exhibits.
  • Collage focused discord- House of Collage
  • HOUSE OF COLLAGE.
  • College art challenges/ Prompts on Twitter.

How do you plan to structure commission rates for the artists who release in your Space?

We would like to keep the full proceeds towards the artist. We are all passionate about collage and feel fulfilled by bringing this medium to as many eyes as possible.

To you, what is the importance of NFTs as a medium/technology? Where do you see the NFT and CryptoArt space in five years?

NFTs intersect art and technology – for years artists have been relying on centralized systems (read: Instagram) to timekeep and display their art. There were no smart contracts, no transparent and immutable transactions to be watched through block explorers, and no truly native ways to display digital art. NFTs changed that. By attaching something to a block via decentralized storage, we’re open to an entirely new realm of possibilities. Smart contracts, metadata, and blockchain will revolutionize cryptoart as we know it. Custom smart contracts will bring us closer to self sovereignty. Changing metadata can and will revolutionize the way we see (literally) NFTs. Being able to gamify drops presents a new avenue for artists and collectors to play with artwork; refreshing files as they wane in quality, and being able to have true sovereignty over our data is going to rock the art world.

At the bare minimum and with an elementary understanding of blockchain technology, an NFT can accurately timekeep a piece of information with an image attached in the case of art. We no longer need to point to the dates we’ve posted a piece of art to verify ownership, the blockchain records everything for us. Collectors can buy and sell these pieces transparently, and everyone else can actually watch what’s happening from the sidelines.

Hopefully in the next five years we see more standardization of smart contracts, increased access and understanding of cryptocurrency and blockchain technology among artists, and more access to a global array of artists and collectors who would normally be excluded from the fine art world.

We believe the word ‘NFT’ will become obsolete and people will refer to it as art; we think fiat to crypto on/off ramps will be seamless and widely accepted, if crypto wallets are not easily useful in day-to-day life. Everyone will have better access to, or at least have seen, a high quality digital screen to display NFTs. Mass adoption might still be far off, but we will see increased accessibility of goods and information over the next five years. In our opinion, cryptoart is revolutionary for art and opens the doors for endless innovation.

Cosmopolitan: Our collections and styles of collage as a whole embody both vintage and modern vibes.

Anything else you’d like the community to know/consider?

Erin and Linzy run weekly twitter spaces for Rug Radio.

Michelle runs HOUSE OF COLLAGE twitter and discord which helps to support collage artists.

1 Like

1.Space name / team name:
Generative Gallery

2.Name and email of primary contact:

Anna Smirnova, [email protected]

3.Names of additional Space admins:

Ivan Nefedkin, [email protected]

4.SuperRare username(s) of everyone involved with your Space:

annbnn, nefedkin

5.Short bio of you and/or your team:

Generative Gallery is a live audio-visual project driven by the global art community collaboration. Among its many formats are offline exhibitions, online special projects, NFT-integrations, public talks delivered by artists and explorers of digital art. Generative Gallery offers various spaces that serve as a perfect meeting point for the audience, providing a unique opportunity for digital art to go offline while allowing the viewer to experience interaction with technological art.

Our teaser: Generative Gallery project teaser on Vimeo

Ivan Nefedkin

Founder of the international studio Radugadesign and the Generative Gallery project. Ivan holds more than 15 years of work implementing large multimedia projects, participating in light and media art festivals both as an artist and as a curator. Ivan is an environmental designer, a graduate of the RMA art management school and MBA courses.

Anna Smirnova

Creative producer of the Generative Gallery project and Radugadesign studio. Anna is a curator and art historian majoring in visual and media arts, an art manager with more than 8 years of experience. Participant of specialized public talks and round tables on the topic of NFT and media art.

6.Website & Social Media Links:

Site: https://generativegallery.com

Instagram: Login • Instagram

Facebook: Generative Gallery

Twitter: https://twitter.com/GenerativeGall

Vimeo: Generative Gallery - Art Director, Art Producer & Artist

1. Summary/manifesto of your Space (~500 words). What is your unique value prop / elevator pitch? What type of art will you focus on? How will your Space stand out among the crowd?

Generative Gallery’s main feature is an expertise in digital and new media art with 15 years of experience. The project was founded in 2018 and since its early years it was focused on performing digital art outside of the screens of personal devices and creating the opportunity for digital art to go offline. In our projects we create the unique digital art experience at the intersection of online and offline realities. In the Spaces we are planning to present our offline exhibitions creating its virtual embodiment.

8.Describe you/your team’s experience curating and promoting artwork:

9.Describe you/your team’s experience organizing exhibitions, making art sales, running auctions, networking with collectors, etc:

Recent Generative Gallery exhibitions was accompanied by Phygital NFT drops, allowing the visitors to collect part of the exhibition in physical form and to get the NFT along with physical artwork.

Here they are:

.dreams immersive experience with 7 international artists and special NFT showcase. The exhibition was accompanied by phygital NFT drop.

Megalopolis public digital art exhibition with 22 digital artists from all over the world on the largest media screen in Moscow.

Revival of Aesthetics by Orkhan Mammadov – AI generated immersive exhibition with the special NFT drop with Infinity Objects frames, Sero TV digital canvases and unique New Media Installation.

10. Are there new artists you’d like to bring into your Space in the first six months? What is your relationship to them?

We would like to invite to our Space the artists participating in our upcoming projects.

The closest exhibition will be launched on May, 26 2022 in Ramat Gan Museum Israel so we would love to showcase it at our Space on SuperRare.

The artists participating in the next exhibition are:

Artem Tkach

https://twitter.com/tkach_tem

Dmitry Zakharov

https://twitter.com/Zakharov_Art

F3.Studio

David Ariew

https://twitter.com/DavidAriew

Smaslom

https://twitter.com/s_maslom_

Victor Abramovskiy

Artur Gadzhiev

https://twitter.com/art_gadzhiev

Alexander Abramov

https://twitter.com/abramovideo

Oleg Chomp

https://twitter.com/oleg__chomp

Benedict

Ruslan Vyaltsev

https://twitter.com/rvyaltsevvvvv

Stain

arthew0

https://twitter.com/alexey_roudenko

Aizek

https://twitter.com/AizekLive

Roman Bobkov

https://twitter.com/liccibeam

Baron Lanteigne

https://twitter.com/baronlanteigne

Metsa

https://twitter.com/madebymetsa

Orkhan Mammadov

https://twitter.com/orkhan_art

Neoliptus

https://twitter.com/NEOLIPTUS

Gabriel Masewich

11.Are there any artists already in the CryptoArt space that you are planning to work with? Have they committed to participating yet?

No

12. If selected, how soon could you launch your first exhibition?

We are ready to launch our exhibition by the end of May 2022.

13. Please provide any additional details about how you plan to operate this Space; e.g. cadence of releases, auction strategy, number of artworks, other ideas for promoting your art and artists, etc.

We want to connect our Space releases with our offline exhibition schedule. It means that once a 1,5 month approximately our space will be updated with the new artworks. At our future Space we will be experimenting with the strategy of the sales and auctions, so some of the releases will consists of many artworks of different artists, others will include just 1 artwork of 1 artist. We are going to keep our Space fresh and balanced. All the releases will have a theme and conception.

14. How do you plan to structure commission rates for the artists who release in your Space?

20-30% from sale in favor of Generative Gallery team

15. To you, what is the importance of NFTs as a medium/technology? Where do you see the NFT and CryptoArt space in five years?

For us NFT is a breakthrough technology of digital art sales that was awaited. For the past year, since 2021 popularity, the potential of this technology just starts to unveil in different directions. Generative Gallery team is eager not only to watch and use new NFT mechanics but also would love to participate in the creation and comprehension of the new ones.

For Generative Gallery NFT is a professional instrument of digital art market that helps many of its subjects such as artists, curators, galleries, art advisors and many others.

And Spaces is a step into straightening and development of digital art market. Potentially Space is a project that can combine online and offline NFT mechanics to fulfil each other.

16. If your Space were a cocktail or a dish, what would it be and why?

Our space will definitely be a cocktail that can help one to relax and enjoy something beautiful and impressive. The base of the cocktail is something from the classical recipes with vodka, but the taste is quite new, refreshing. It surprises by combination of contradictory flavors that in the end leave a pleasing aftertaste.

Space name / team name:

Universe beings

Name and email of primary contact:

Maria / [email protected]

Names of additional Space admins:

SuperRare username(s) of everyone involved with your Space:

Ann_universeneings – marketing manager

Universe beings team is built on a collaboration of art and technology professionals.

Maria - founder, curator
Masha holds an MA in Curatorial Studies from Bard College (New York, 2019)

Professional experience:

Co-founder at White Lines - https://wl-art.com/ - online contemporary art gallery

Head at Interval Art http://interval-art.com/ - charity project for artists promotion

Ann_universeneings – curator, marketing manager

Nadya – smm manager
Vasilisa – operational manager
Ksenia – graphic designer

Web - https://universebeings.com/
Instagram - universebeings
Twitter - universebeings
Telegram - universebeings

Let’s imagine that there is intelligent life in distant galaxies. If it is built as a community, then they have their own news, memes and aesthetic ideals. They live on their planet according to the same physical laws as we do, but the development of their civilization could have gone in a completely different way … Which way do you think? What do these creatures look like? What do they feel?
We invite creators and inventors in the digital sphere to think outside the box and limit yourself only with the laws of physics and reflect on inventing new forms of life. We want you to submit one of your works, whether old or new, that shows beings in the universe who live far away from humans. It is important that the work is done digitally!
After sending the application, all works will be reviewed by the curators, who will determine the further participants in the project. With the selected creators, a collection of NFT tokens "Universe beings’’ will be created. It will be released for sale in June. After the sale of the collection, we will accompany the artists on the platform for the necessary navigation for several months. This is a great chance to start navigating a new promising space, accompanied by professionals ans earn Ethereum.

We participate in Blazar art fair, Third place art fair, regullary promote and sell art works online & offline.

For the last 5 year we held exhibitions at different venues - from classic museums spaces to abandoned factories.

https://wl-art.com/events - White lines gallery special projects

http://interval-art.com/vanishingpoints Vanishing points @ Myth Galery

http://interval-art.com/makabre_loop maK?aBre_Loop @ MISP museum

http://interval-art.com/smirisipoi Calm down and sing @ Anna Nova gallery

http://interval-art.com/waterunderthebridge - Water under the bridge @ MISP museum

& more.

Are there new artists you’d like to bring into your Space in the first six months? What is your relationship to them?

We hold an open call among all interested artists, analyze the quality of work and select several to participate in the experiment of interaction between humans and artificial intelligence in order to create a collection of 10,000 characters of extraterrestrial beings

We attract digital artists with no experience in integration and promotion in crypto art, in order to help them expand the boundaries and depths of professional activity and artistic practice

In June

1. Open call – till 8 of May
  2. Curators research – till 20 May
  3. Artists and AI collaboration – till 20 June
  4. Official release – till 30 June

Artists – 50%
Team – 50%

Secondary sales:

Artist – 10%
Collector – 90%

World are just steps away from the digital revolution, where NFT`s take fundamental role. Web3 is gaining momentum, the best minds in the world are focused on everyday improvements and we go along with them. we hope the metaverses will be filled with love, kindness, joy and peace.

Apple celery smoothie. We love freshness.

Anything else you’d like the community to know/consider?