Registering SR as a verified organisation and providing affiliated badges for artists

Affiliated Badge Program for Artists:

I propose the implementation of an Affiliated Badge Program for artists who achieve sales above 1 ETH on our platform. Here’s how this program can benefit SuperRare and our artists:

1. Recognition and Prestige: The Affiliated Badge serves as a mark of distinction, signaling to collectors and peers that an artist has achieved significant success on SuperRare. This recognition can boost an artist’s reputation within the digital art community and attract more attention to their work.
  2. Incentive for Growth: By setting a sales threshold for the Affiliated Badge, we incentivize artists to strive for excellence and push their creative boundaries. This can lead to increased participation on our platform, higher-quality artworks, and ultimately, greater value for collectors.
  3. Community Engagement: The Affiliated Badge Program fosters a sense of community and camaraderie among SuperRare artists, as they celebrate each other’s achievements and milestones. This positive reinforcement can encourage collaboration, knowledge-sharing, and a supportive environment for artistic growth.

Examples of Success:

Several other platforms and organizations have successfully implemented Twitter verification and badge programs to great effect. For instance, Drip Haus is now a leading marketplace for digital collectibles, offers verified badges to renowned artists like Degen Poet. This has helped solidify their position as a trusted platform for digital art enthusiasts.

Conclusion:

In conclusion, pursuing Twitter verification as an organisation for SuperRare and implementing an Affiliated Badge Program for our artists are strategic initiatives that will elevate our platform, enhance our credibility, and empower our community. I am confident that these efforts will yield tangible benefits in terms of visibility, engagement, and long-term growth.

The pros you have outlined look good. What are the downsides, if any?

1 Like

Much appreciated for the response.

As far as I can see, there will be a cost towards the platform implementing it.

And there is a potential in this being abused, where sales can be manipulated to getting this badge.

However, the benefits outweigh the cons as market manipulation is something that can be done anywhere.

I assume that artists will be encouraged to also use their Affiliated Badge on their personal website and email signatures. Will SuperRare host a web page describing the badge(s) to which they might link?

That would be a great idea for the platform to implement and explain the perks.

1 Like