Name of primary contact:

Nicholas Fahey

Names of additional Space admins:

Heather Cronan

Marco Paez

SuperRare username(s) of everyone who will be a Space admin:

Curator

Short bio of you and/or your team:

Nicholas Fahey is a Los Angeles native with deep roots in the local fine art community. Grew up immersed in the exhibitions of Fahey/Klein Gallery, watching the art of photography mature before his young eyes. With 16 years in fine art, 14 years in publishing, and 10 years in digital development. Nicholas possesses the skills and contacts to continue to help steward the evolution of the image into the 21st Century.

Website & Social Media Links:

http://www.faheykleingallery.com/

https://www.instagram.com/faheykleingallery/

facebook.com

Fahey/Klein Gallery

The Fahey/Klein Gallery is a Fine Art Photography gallery located in Los Angeles, California. 148 N La Brea Ave, Los Ángeles, California, Estados Unidos 90036

Summary/manifesto of your Space. What is the unique value prop / elevator pitch? What type of art will you focus on? How will your Space stand out among the crowd?

The Fahey/Klein Gallery is devoted to the enhancement of the public’s appreciation of the medium of photography through the exhibition and sale of 20th Century and Contemporary Fine Art Photography. Since the gallery’s inception in 1986, our exhibition program has embraced a broad range of diverse photographers from Edward Weston to Berenice Abbott; Man Ray to Henri Cartier-Bresson; Irving Penn to Melvin Sokolsky; Horst P. Horst to Herb Ritts; Peter Beard to James Nachtwey, Jim Marshall to Janette Beckman among many others. The Fahey/Klein Gallery is a leader in the field of Photography and is respected among collectors and colleagues. This position of leadership is a result of our dedication to the medium of photography, experience, and knowledge, which, over the many years, has been enhanced by the wide range of services the gallery offers. The gallery staff has extensive experience in curating private and corporate collections, as well as selling and placing large private collections. Additionally, the gallery has an active program of offering secondary market works and consigned photographs to its broad collector base.

Describe you/your team’s experience curating and promoting artwork:

The Fahey/Klein Gallery has been working with artists to curate books and exhibitions for over 36 years. We have found that every new body of work we help introduce to the world has a unique set of requirements and specifications. Our team shines when faced with these challenges and often comes up with innovative ideas that become industry standards. Our teams collective experience draws on many aspects of business and cultural development. We consider ourselves stewards of the arts and measure our success on the experience we bring our artists and clients.

Describe you/your team’s experience organizing exhibitions, making art sales, running auctions, networking with collectors, etc.

The gallery, with over 8,000 photographs in stock, deals exclusively in photographs as works of art in all genres including Portraits, Nudes, Landscapes, Still-Life, Reportage and Contemporary photography. The gallery website contains a broad range of over 10,000 images. The Fahey/Klein Gallery regularly mounts solo and multi-person exhibitions every six weeks. In addition to curating exhibitions in its Los Angeles venue, the gallery personnel annually curate and export as many as 15 - 20 fine art photography exhibitions for major international galleries and museums worldwide. David Fahey and the Fahey/Klein Gallery have edited, coordinated, and/or contributed to the production of over 95 photographic publications, including publications on the work of Peter Beard, Herb Ritts, Horst, Steve Schapiro, Allen Ginsberg, Melvin Sokolsky, Matthew Rolston, Peter Lindbergh, Sheila Metzner, Tom Baril, Bruce Weber, Hollywood Photographers, Sante D’Orazio, Jim Marshall, Richard Gere, and Mark Laita, among many others. The gallery will often coordinate the release of these publications in conjunction with the artists’ related exhibitions.

David Fahey and Randee Klein Devlin opened their spacious 3,800 square foot gallery in 1986. In 1998, Ken Devlin, who shared his wife Randee’s passion for photography, joined the gallery as co-owner and partner with David Fahey. In 2016, Ken Devlin retired, and David acquired the full control of the gallery. David’s son Nicholas join the gallery in 2016 as Director to help usher the gallery and the medium of photography into the 21st Century. The focus of the gallery’s exhibition program has always been to expose fine art photography to the international art and photography community. The interest in collecting photography has increased dramatically within the last 25 years. “With photography it is still possible to create a great collection” (New York Times). Record auction prices in photography continue to be reached, and most major museums have established, or expanded, their photography departments.

Are there new artists you’d like to bring into the Space in the first six months? What is your relationship to them?

Below is a short list of the artists represented by the gallery that we would like to bring to Space. Based on our experience with the artist below, we would then approach other estates and studios that we also work with and represent.

Miles Aldridge

faheykleingallery.com

Miles Aldridge - Artists - Fahey Klein Gallery

‘Miles sees a colour coordinated, graphically pure, hard-edged reality.’ - David Lynch Miles Aldridge rose to prominence in the mid-nineties with his arresting, highly stylised photographs with references to film noir, art history and pop culture…

Janette Beckman

faheykleingallery.com

Janette Beckman - Artists - Fahey Klein Gallery

British-born photographer Janette Beckman began her career at the dawn of punk rock working for publications such as The Face and Melody Maker. She shot bands from The Clash to Boy George as well as three Police album covers and…

Billy and Hells

faheykleingallery.com

Billy & Hells - Artists - Fahey Klein Gallery

“Billy & Hells” is the pseudonym for the creative duo comprised of Berlin based photographers Anke Linz and Andreas Oettinger. The photographers met in the mid-1980s and shortly after, began collaborating creatively. Since 1995, the two have…

Amanda Charchian

faheykleingallery.com

Amanda Charchian - Artists - Fahey Klein Gallery

Amanda Charchian (b. Los Angeles, CA, 1988) creates work with a feminine sensuality that celebrates the erotically charged. Amanda earned a BFA from Otis College of Art and Design in 2010, and has been featured in publications such as New York…

Nadia Lee Cohen

faheykleingallery.com

Nadia Lee Cohen - Artists - Fahey Klein Gallery

Nadia Lee Cohen is a photographer, filmmaker and self-portrait artist. Heavily inspired by cinema, Americana and Britain particularly in the 1960’s and 70’s, her photographs and films are veritable visions of saturated, surreal…

Nick Cope

faheykleingallery.com

Nicholas Cope - Artists - Fahey Klein Gallery

Both with varying backgrounds in photography and design Nicholas Cope and Dustin Arnold met through a commercial project in 2007 and began their first collaboration in October of 2009. Each working beyond their respective discipline they…

Lauren Greenfield

http://www.faheykleingallery.com/artists/lauren-greenfield

Paul Jasmin

faheykleingallery.com

Paul Jasmin - Artists - Fahey Klein Gallery

Paul Jasmin has had a long career as a fashion and art photographer. He was born in Helena, Montana and in 1954 left to begin an amazing journey that would take him to Paris, Morocco, New York and eventually “the city of dreams”, Los Angeles. Paul…

Vincent Laforet

faheykleingallery.com

Vincent Laforet - Artists - Fahey Klein Gallery

Vincent, a three-time winner at the prestigious 2010 Cannes Lions International Advertising Festival, is a director and Pulitzer Prize–winning photographer who is known for his forward-thinking approach to image-making and storytelling. In addition…

Gerd Ludwig

http://www.faheykleingallery.com/artists/gerd-ludwig

Chris Makos

http://www.faheykleingallery.com/artists/christopher-makos

Frank Ockenfels III

faheykleingallery.com

Frank Ockenfels 3 - Artists - Fahey Klein Gallery

As a highly visual astute and rapid observer of the world around him, photographer Frank Ockenfels 3 takes in an abundance of images that serve as artistic stimuli for his creative mind. A process of collision, collusion and collaboration is the…

Brendan Pattengale

faheykleingallery.com

Brendan Pattengale - Artists - Fahey Klein Gallery

A Los Angeles native, Brendan Pattengale is a photographer with a painter’s eye for color and composition. Pattengale is constantly in pursuit of broader horizons, seemingly untouched territories, explosive vastness and depths allowed by unraveling…

Steve Schapiro

Norman Seeff

http://www.faheykleingallery.com/artists/norman-seeff

Ernest Withers

faheykleingallery.com

Ernest C. Withers - Artists - Fahey Klein Gallery

Ernest C. Withers (August 7, 1922 – October 15, 2007) was an African-American photojournalist. He is best known for capturing over 60 years of African American history in the segregated South, with iconic images of…

Are there any artists already in the CryptoArt space that you are planning to work with for this Space? Have they committed to participating yet?

We are speaking with Justin Aversano from the Twin Flames project about doing an exhibition. We would like to do an NFT drop with this exhibition. I am not sure how we will collaborate with his platform Quantum.art. We are also in discussion with Lyle Owerko about working together on a project in the future.

Please provide any additional details you can about how you plan to operate this Space; e.g. cadence of exhibitions, auction strategy, number of artworks, other ideas for promoting your art and artists, etc.

Our current strategy would be to do three types of drops. Drops that would coincide with physical exhibitions. Drops that would focus on historically significant exhibitions and works. Drops for emerging non represented artists in an attempt to help them build their market. Currently we are accepting USDC for sales of physical art works. We would like to be able to service collectors from the NFT community in both the digital market and physical market. As well as introduce our traditional collectors to NFTs through a gallery they know and trust.

How do you plan to structure commission rates for the artists who release in your Space?

Primary:

Artist: 80%

Fahey/Klein: 15%

Super Rare: 5%

Secondary: (10%)

Artist: 7.5%

Fahey/Klein 2.5%

To you, what is the importance of NFTs as a medium/technology? Where do you see the NFT and CryptoArt space in five years?

Humans have been communicating with images and symbols on walls longer than some of the languages we speak today. Our biology is built to react to and interpret symbology. NFTs are the evolution of the use of imagery to communicate. I believe that within 5 years the display opportunities for NFTs will be limitless. From Smart TVs to Desktops to the Metaverse, NFTs will inhabit ever screen and digital space for generations.

If your Space were a cocktail or a dish, what would it be and why?

A Martini - Cool, clean, classic with a nod to modernity while providing a platform for innovation.

Anything else you’d like the community to consider?

I am on the board for an association of over 80 photography galleries called AIPAD, which stands for the Association of International Photography Art Dealers. I want to partner with Super Rare Spaces to understand and define strategies on how photography galleries can work within the NFT space. I plan on working to find a structure and strategy that helps the stewards of physical images develop the skills to continue to be stewards of those images in the 21st Century.

1 Like

Space name / team name:
Blackbird

Name and email of primary contact:
Greg Rook
[email protected]

None

SuperRare username(s) of everyone involved with your space:
@gregrook

I am an artist, art lecturer, art writer, curator and art consultant. As an artist I’ve enjoyed a fair degree of success with museum group shows and international solo shows, but at the end of 2016, one of my collectors asked me to help him build a collection of contemporary art, and since then I have curated, developed and managed collections of art. Over the last three years I have also consulted for galleries and auction houses and written about contemporary art for newspapers and magazines. I am very much part of the traditional art world, but last year I joined SuperRare as an artist and curator of featured group shows.

Login • Instagram 4
Login • Instagram 1
https://twitter.com/gregcorbeau?lang=en 2
https://www.linkedin.com/in/greg-rook-abaa8936/?originalSubdomain=uk 1

Summary/manifesto of your Space. What is the unique value prop / elevator pitch? What type of art will you focus on? How will your Space stand out among the crowd?

I understand that not even the most celebrated traditional contemporary artists would necessarily be successful in making the switch to a digitally native format. Or immediately produce work of any real significance or interest. But I am interested in working with artists (whether emerging or established) whose art I respect, who have a thoughtful practise away from the world of digital art, and who are looking to make links across the genres. I believe that these artists will make an incredibly valuable long-term contribution to NFTs, and how they are seen in the future. I appreciate that the collector base that has already invested in the NFT space might not be impressed by traditional art world celebrity, but I’m approaching people who I believe will bring something progressive and conceptually thoughtful to SuperRare and there is a real excitement amongst them for this to be a forum for brilliant experimentation.

It would be easy to turn old images into jpegs and mint them as NFTs, but as thoughtful contemporary artists, I will only work with those who are interested in seeing this as an opportunity to make work that reflects the enormous possibilities of the new tools. Looking around the NFT space and you can see the incredible talent, knowledge and creativity on display, and so we would work hard to make sure that new NFTs are reflecting both the best of the traditional art world and the new tools and format available. They would not be offering digital versions of previous work but would be using the platform to reimagine and to take their work in unexpected directions. On the whole successful traditional contemporary artists are successful because they are thoughtful, bright and creative, and I look forward to seeing what they will produce.

And to the collectors - most of the pieces minted by artists I have introduced through the featured SuperRare shows have sold to collectors that I, or the other artists, have introduced to the space. Each time an artist is brought to this world, they bring with them dozens of past collectors – wealthy collectors invested in contemporary art. I can teach this new collector base more about the crypto ecosystem and entering the digital currency world. Many existing top collectors are crypto natives, and a barrier to entry for traditional collectors is that they often don’t even know how to open an ETH wallet, generate more crypto or spend that crypto. I will be able to help new collectors make that transition. I look forward to continuing to merge the worlds and bring new investment and enthusiasm to the space.

In the last five years, I have worked with dozens of emerging and high-profile contemporary artists in the UK and around the world. I have curated nearly two hundred individual artist presentations, and monthly modern and contemporary online art auctions since January 2020. More recently I have curated four contemporary art NFT exhibitions on SuperRare.

I have also written extensively on art for newspapers and journals, and I have taught and run a contemporary Fine Art BA degree course since 2003. I am adept at discussing and explaining contemporary art to a wide variety of people. I have used social media to promote the artists I’m working with and to find new collectors.

After 20 years working within the art world as an artist, university lecturer, writer and consultant, I have unique access to artists and their studios, and a deep critical, historical and practical understanding of what constitutes progressive art. As a poacher turned gamekeeper, I have offered collectors intelligent, peer-reviewed art before it has become eye-wateringly expensive.
I promoted all the NFTs and artists in the SuperRare shows I curated, and they sold many of those NFTs, as well as subsequent drops.

Describe you/your team’s experience organizing exhibitions, making art sales, running auctions, networking with collectors, etc.:
I have been involved in the artworld commercially as an artist since 2000, and since late 2016 with direct contemporary art market experience as a curator and art advisor. I have built the business from one collector in 2016, to near 60 collectors actively buying or searching now, and just under 1000 on the advisory mailing list.

As an art advisor with a background as an artist and university lecturer I have presented only the art that I know to be critical and from artists of real merit. I have placed over 300 works of credible contemporary art with private collections and businesses during the past five years. Many of the artists that I presented early in their careers are now highly sought after by investors and critically acclaimed with multiple museum shows.

Since January 2020 I have also worked with an online auction house based in New York. I curated and organised half a dozen separate London based auctions as well as working on consignments for their New York auctions. More recently I have also been advising three new commercial galleries in London and New York on their forthcoming exhibition programmes. They have all expressed an interest in NFTs.

As a link I hope that I can help legitimize and establish digital NFT art in traditional institutions. I understand that many already involved in NFTs may be disinterested in traditional museums and galleries, but I think there will be benefits to in-real-life exposure and the presence of NFT artwork in the physical world.

Are there new artists you’d like to bring into the Space in the first six months? What is your relationship to them?:
As the months have passed more and more artists have approached me about inclusion in the SuperRare NFT space and I’ve been contacting others who I’d love to work with. As with my advisory, I will always be conscious of ensuring that I’m inclusive and international in my approach.
Just two examples of artists who I’ve had conversations with so far are:
Marcus Harvey (born 1963 in Leeds) is an English artist and painter, one of the Young British Artists (YBAs). Marcus Harvey gained recognition when his painting of serial killer Myra Hindley was included in the “Sensation” exhibition at the Royal Academy of Arts, London (1997).

Jem Finer (a founding member of the band The Pogues) is an artist, composer and musician with a background in mathematics and computer science, dating back to the ICL 1900 mainframe computers of the early 1970s. An enduring fascination with deep time and space, self-organising systems and long-durational processes has been the impetus behind much of his work including his Artangel commission, Longplayer, a thousand-year-long musical composition playing since the last moments of 1999.

Are there any artists already in the CryptoArt space that you are planning to work with for this Space? Have they committed to participating yet?
All the artists who participated in the first four shows that I curated on SuperRare will continue to work with me in a new space. Those shows were:
SuperRare | NFT Art | NFT Art Marketplace | Digital Art 4
SuperRare | NFT Art | NFT Art Marketplace | Digital Art 3
SuperRare | NFT Art | NFT Art Marketplace | Digital Art
SuperRare | NFT Art | NFT Art Marketplace | Digital Art

James Scott Brooks
@jamesscottbrooks
https://www.jamesbrooks.co.uk

Ansel Krut
@anselkrut
Ansel Krut - Artist - Saatchi Gallery 1

Andy Holden
@andy_holden
Tate
Andy Holden born 1982 | Tate
Artist page for Andy Holden (born 1982)

Elizabeth Magill
Instagram @elizabethxmagill
https://elizabethmagill.com

Damien Meade
Instagram @damien_meade
Life at the BSR – 13 Jun 18

June Mostra 2018 / Meet the artists… Damien Meade
As we approach the June Mostra, our third exhibition of this academic year, we will be publishing a series of blogs taking a closer look at the individual practices of our seven resident artists. O…

Justin Mortimer
@justinmortimer
Contemporary Art Issue - Platform, Publisher & Gallery on Contemporary Art – 12 May 21

An Interview with Justin Mortimer: The Artist as a Junkie – CAI
The Artist as a Junkie Justin Mortimer (born in 1970 in Cosford, the United Kingdom, residing and working in London, the United Kingdom) is a contemporary painter best known for his surreal oil paintings, often large in scale, marked by darkness and…

Barry Reigate
@breigate71
Barry Reigate - Artist - Saatchi Gallery 1

Lottie Stoddart
@lottiestoddart

Phoebe Unwin

Douglas White
@digital_douglas
https://www.douglaswhite.co.uk

If selected, how soon could you launch your first exhibition?
The fifth SuperRare blackbird show is already being planned and the work created. The show will be ready to launch in June 2022.

Please provide any additional details you can about how you plan to operate this Space; e.g. cadence of exhibitions, auction strategy, number of artworks, other ideas for promoting your art and artists, etc.
My initial approach, taken in the first four curated exhibitions was to curate exhibitions around a particular idea. Although I think a series of group shows, focused on a particular idea or way of working, occurring every six to eight weeks, would still provide a strong backbone, I would also like to look beyond such a traditional programme.

The space should be a forum for experimentation – allowing individual artist’s projects to be showcased in between the group shows. One artist has talked about interactivity and gamification of their NFT drops. Several would like to work more with sound. We have already had some collaborations with musicians, and this seems like rich territory - the constraints of the file size for image and sound are fascinating. As one artist said, working now in the world of NFTs, is a bit like being in at the start of vinyl and the 3-minute pop song. The experimentation and blue sky possibilities are incredibly exciting.

Traditional galleries don’t fully exploit online connectivity yet and we would also look for a way for greater connectivity to be factored in. The traditional gallery model is too static. Maybe a radio station is a better model.

How do you plan to structure commission rates for the artists who release in your Space?
The standard 15% commission - 10% going to the Space and 5% to the SR DAO.

To you, what is the importance of NFTs as a medium/technology? Where do you see the NFT and CryptoArt space in five years?
I have absolutely no doubt that NFTs will in some form be ubiquitous. We will carry them with us and interact with them in our public lives, and I think that, as well as being innovative and exciting in their own right, there are opportunities for them to breathe new life into traditional worlds.

As the artist Ansel Krut emailed me: “NFTs are going to evolve. They will look very different in just a few years. (No one could even begin to imagine 3D animation when the first animations were hand made in the early part of the last century for example). It’s pretty incredible to be in on the ground floor. And with the chance to participate in, and maybe even help shape, the history of the development of the format. It’s not where I thought I’d end up as a dyed in the wool painter.”

If we are careful to build bridges between the artworlds and ensure that there is cross over and mutual respect, then I think we will find that in five years NFTs and CryptoArt are either considered just one art form equal to all the others, or that they are, very possibly in ten or twenty years, the predominant art form.

I don’t know. The plan is to invite intelligent and thoughtful artists and to ask them to create what they can in this strange new kitchen.

Anything else you’d like the community to consider?
I’d just like to repeat that I think what the artists that Blackbird would bring over from the traditional art world would contribute, would be invaluable to the long-term health of NFTs. As newcomers, perhaps unfamiliar with the software and the tools, they would deconstruct and unpick the familiar tropes of digital art. With the freedom to curate as required, Blackbird could bring great depth and criticality to the platform.

1. Space name / team name:

2. Name and email of primary contact:
Doris Yan
[email protected]
[email protected]

3. Names of additional Space admins:
Wang Meng, Chen Yuan, Ellie Fan, KouSou

4. SuperRare username(s) of everyone involved with your Space:
@atomic_visual dodorunoir, wangmeng, narcissus_fan, motomoto_x

5. Short bio of you and/or your team:

• We are a digital artists collective based in Shanghai, China, with over ten years of experience in practicing and exploring new media art, audio-visual art, music, and motion imagery that we create and curate. Our artworks thus far have primarily focused on stage multimedia, theater, and video installations. We look forward to extending our aesthetic sense of the multidimensional art experience to the CryptoArt field. We believe NFTs shine a new path for digital artists like us, enabling us to create unique values for our artists and collectors.

• We are a 15-person boutique creative team that includes illustrators, graphic designers, animators, and curators. The core members of our team have extensive backgrounds in visual art and music. Here are short bios of our two founders:

-Wang Meng is an avant-garde visual artist in China and co-founder of atomic visual studio. His works span video, music, installation art, animation, multimedia stage visuals, painting, and design. Wang Meng started VJing for many leading Chinese underground bands and independent musicians in 2010. His bold, unique visual style soon garnered the attention of the mainstream market. His live audio-visual performances with electronic musician SHAO titled “The Shape of Sound” and “Doppler Shift” led to him being invited to several well-known festivals across the globe, such as Worldtronics Festival (DE), Electron Festival (SZ), Cidade Preocupada Festival (PT), Festival Tokyo (JP), SXSW 2018 (US), Oz Asia (AUS), among others. Wang Meng’s representative animated film work, “Back To The Future,” was exhibited in the Jelly Generation exhibition (US), MADATAC New Media Art Festival (Spain), and the Get It Louder Exhibition (Beijing). Another animation of his, “BeBeBeBe,” was screened in the UK pavilion at the 2010 Shanghai World Expo. Furthermore, to express his deep passion for music, Wang Meng started producing his own tracks in 2018 and released his first full-length album, “Both,” with Guzheng artist Yu Miao in 2020.

-Doris Yan is a business partner and the managing director of atomic visual studio. An MA graduate of Goldsmiths, University of London, with more than ten years of experience in the music and art industry, she has deep insights into event planning, brand strategy, art management, and curation. She joined Atomic Visual in 2016. As project director and producer, Doris has led the team in stage multimedia design and production for many mega-events, including Chris Li’s 2017-2018 album release and China tour, the 2018 Tiktok Gala, and the 2019 Weibo Night, among others. She has also curated the team’s video artworks on MAP’s (Museum of Art Pudong) Glass Hall Screen and built a long-term visual partnership with the FIRST International Film Festival since 2019 and the Dolar Shop International since 2020. Apart from this, she is a DJ with great taste in dub/abstract techno and experimental electronics and writes music reviews occasionally.

6. Website & Social Media Links:

7. Summary/manifesto of your Space (~500 words). What is your unique value prop / elevator pitch? What type of art will you focus on? How will your Space stand out among the crowd?

• A/V GALLERY is the art label of atomic visual. It was launched In 2021, and the concept was initially evolved from atomic visual’s event label, A/V PARTY, which presents audio-visual live shows with musicians, visual artists, and performing artists. We have created immersive experiences in live houses, clubs, galleries, and theater spaces.

• A/V GALLERY aims to extend our multimedia practice and A/V aesthetics to a broader area through NFT distributions to develop digital art, IPs, and audio-visual artworks that incorporate offline scenes to bridge the virtual world with reality.

• Our unique value prop/ elevator pitch:

• Deep understanding of synesthesia: We intimately understand the relationship between visuals, music, and performance art. As a result, we have garnered extensive experience in new media art (audio-visual performance), continually co-producing artworks with artists from different fields.

• New NFT artists and artwork cultivation: We collaborate with various talented visual artist professionals across the 3D, 2D, hand-drawn animation, film, programming, and gaming spaces, among others. We understand the importance of diversifying their presence and would love to help them strategically transfer their previous creative experience to serial NFT artworks by bringing them into the CryptoArt world.

• Non-traditional curation and promotion methods: Unlike the traditional gallery system, our youth culture spirits and nuanced sense of media content help better connect the content we promote with new-generation collectors.

• Distinctive art style: We strive to showcase contemporary cultural symbols with our diverse portfolio of creative works. Always delightfully mischievous but artistically thoughtful, our work balances the digital realm with a human touch in every abstract or concrete expression.

8. Describe you/your team’s experience curating and promoting artwork:

• SuperRare Space would be our first online platform for NFT art distribution and curation.

• Earlier this year, we built A/V GALLERY and launched our first virtual tour on the metaverse platform, CryptoVoxel. We designed the tour route as a bizarre meta-trip by connecting five different venues, from a gallery and virtual installations to a merch shop and an online party. We even shot a film in the metaverse to see if the actual practice could be applied in the virtual field. We own four lands on CryptoVoxel and have MetaEstate support for further development. We see the metaverse as a tremendous promotional platform. It provides collectors with an immersive environment of NFT artworks with the added benefits of a diverse user base.

• Video links:
    A/V Metachoas Recap: Recap | Atomic Visual Meta Chaos Live Streaming Guided Tour - YouTube
    A/V Meta-film: Voxel Desire | A Metaverse Short Film - YouTube
    Media results from the exhibition:
    -Reported by MANA/MetaCat/MetaEstate and on their homepage
    -Featured in MANA’s February Global New Media Art TOP20
    -Won official CryptoVoxel award

• In the real world, we are event organizers, promoters, content creators, producers, and curators. We have broad experience with on-site events (self-organized and service-based) and exhibitions requiring highly efficient communication and execution skills.

• We have just started planning our overseas promotion initiative. Meanwhile, we are new media art influencers in China, with an existing, dedicated fan (collector) base and quite a few media exposures.

9. Describe you/your team’s experience organizing exhibitions, making art sales, running auctions, networking with collectors, etc:

• We have rich experience organizing offline events, mainly performance-based or audio-visual exhibitions. For us, the core challenge lies in translating our previous offline experience into effective online marketing and building our community outside China.

• We have already opened our Twitter account to continually share news regarding A/V GALLERY. We just opened our Discord channel and will start community-building activities and developing our collector network. We also plan to host monthly live streams and video podcasts on YouTube and Twitch to introduce our artists and artworks and share our insights into NFTs.

• Currently, we are in the process of recruiting social media operation professionals and have already found qualified candidates willing to join us.

• As a promoter with experience arranging offline events throughout the years, we will hold more NFT artwork exhibitions and showcases to create offline networks for collectors and discover even more potential collectors.

• By turning our NFT artworks into visual installations, we intend to expand into more offline exhibition spaces. For example, we are a visual partner of The Dolar Shop, and our video artworks have been exhibited in their New York flag store since 2020. We will also apply to more global art fairs and exhibitions to increase our media exposure and influence in NFT art fields.

• Our event showcase:
    A/V PARTY Vol.01: Review | A/V PARTY Vol.01 - YouTube

A/V PARTY Vol.03: Recap | A/V PARTY Vol.03 - YouTube

SHAO THEATRE SERIES LIVE: SHAO THEATRE SERIES LIVE SET 长江剧场演出 2021.01.15 - YouTube

ATOMIC STARS: Review | 2020 ATOMIC STARS TOUR - YouTube

10. Are there new artists you’d like to bring into your Space in the first six months? What is your relationship to them?

11. Are there any artists already in the CryptoArt space that you are planning to work with? Have they committed to participating yet?

• We haven’t have confirmed crypto artists yet, but we definitely would like to develop works with crypto artists that share similar aesthetic thoughts with A/V GALLERY. Some artists we would love to work with in the future:

• Other artists we would like to bring to the CryptoArt space include:

• Ryoichi Kurokawa

• Alva Noto

• Dancers/ Body performers

12. If selected, how soon could you launch your first exhibition?
We have already begun working on our exhibition plans and artworks selection. At present, we are in the process of selecting the ideal launch platform (which happens to be SuperRare!). If our application is accepted, our first exhibition can be launched within a month. We may need some time to familiarize ourselves with platform operations, but as quick learners, we believe we can get it done ASAP.

13. Please provide any additional details about how you plan to operate this Space; e.g. cadence of releases, auction strategy, number of artworks, other ideas for promoting your art and artists, etc.

• We plan to schedule releases once every two months in the first year, either as solo exhibitions of our serial artworks or artist’s projects. This year, we will hold two group exhibitions, one planned for Jun-Jul and another from Nov-Dec.

• Each release serial will contain more than ten artworks with different price levels. Our initial release goal in the first year is at least 40 artworks.

• Once we launch the artworks, we will promote the artists and artworks both online and offline. For the online part, we will target social media and discord, artist interview podcasts, workshops, video showcases, and virtual exhibitions in the metaverse platform. For the offline part, we will arrange offline exhibitions and audio-visual shows for artists to display their works.

14. How do you plan to structure commission rates for the artists who release in your Space?

• 50 % (after gas and related fees) - To artist(s)

• 45 % (after gas and related fees) - To the gallery, including artworks cultivation and planning, offline/metaverse curation, marketing, promotion, community management, technical support, documentation, etc.

• 5% - SuperRare DAO

• Secondary:

• 30% - To the artist (split if there are multiple creators)

• 70 % - To the gallery (continuous media exposure, collectors networking, etc.)

As said, it is our first year in NFT publication and curation. Our primary goal is to cultivate outstanding NFT artworks and bring new artists into the CryptoArt Space. We hope to build fruitful, long-term relationships with our artists and would like to decrease our annual commission rate with our long-term artists.

15. To you, what is the importance of NFTs as a medium/technology? Where do you see the NFT and CryptoArt space in five years?

• NFTs opened a new era for digital artists and art collectors. In the early days, due to difficulties collecting and displaying, digital and video art were highly undervalued. As a result, most talented digital artists had to adapt to commercial projects and give up their independent art careers. The emergence of NFTs provides digital art creators with new ways to create, exhibit, and sell their work. It endows digital art with value and empowers the creation itself. Thus, it has created a healthy trading ecology for digital art value circulation. Also, NFTs have lowered the collection threshold for digital art lovers. For most CryptoArt collectors, their first collected artwork is an NFT.

• Another important contribution of NFTs is that it has massively impacted the traditional art system. Decentralization has opened up opportunities for artists who do not have an academic background or the backing of art authorities, which helps expand art creation to a more open field. It enables previously non-existent creative dimensions, which makes us see NFTs as a revolutionary step forward for the world of art.

• However, in China, NFTs are not yet fully legalized. Therefore, independent digital artists like us and other upcoming, young, and talented artists still lack an NFT market. We hope this can be an opportunity for native Chinese digital artists to express themselves on the world stage.

• We believe NFT and CryptoArt collections will become more common and be accepted by more people in five years. As the metaverse space develops, there will be multiple new ways to hold virtual NFT exhibitions and experiences. For artists, more innovative tools will come out for digital art creation, which will expand art forms and art perspectives.

16. If your Space were a cocktail or a dish, what would it be and why?
Sichuan Spicy Hot Pot! Delicious raw and fresh ingredients are put into one hot pot, then cooked in boiled spice soup, and served with unique dipping sauces that each diner can mix to their satisfaction. It has a recognizable overarching flavor characteristic, but everyone gets something unique out of the journey. Its spicy overtones make people sweaty, tear up, and gets their hearts racing. As an experience, it is profuse, exciting, unforgettable, and addictive.

17. Anything else you’d like the community to know/consider?
In choosing our NFT publication platform, we pay particular attention to the quality of artists and their artworks, curation by editors, the web display of artworks, and collector activity. After extensively comparing different platforms, we have found SuperRare to be the ideal platform for us. SuperRare Space is well suited for artist collectives like us to showcase our artworks as an entity with our distinctive curation style. Again, we hope there is a space in the CryptoArt world for native Chinese digital artists. It would be immensely meaningful and encouraging for emerging young Chinese digital artists to be able to express their artistic sparkle to the world.

I would love to be involved!

1 Like

Hi! Thanks for reaching out. Come by the gallery one of these days and we can chat. We have an exhibition opening on Thursday with Janette Beckman. It is going to be awesome!

1/ Space name / team name:

The Miyu Gallery

2/ Name and email of primary contact:

Pierre Baussaron - [email protected]

3/ Names of additional Space admins:

Delphine Duroy - [email protected]

4/ SuperRare username(s) of everyone involved with your Space:

@miyu_gallery

5/ Short bio of you and/or your team:

Miyu is one of the leading auteur animation production and distribution companies in the world. Miyu Productions stands out for its production of around 40 animated shorts, several of which have been recognized and awarded in the most prestigious festivals (Cannes, Berlin, Locarno, Venice…). Today, it develops and produces a portfolio of about twenty short films, and a more recent portfolio of about fifteen feature films & audiovisual projects. The two first animated features of the company will be presented at this year’s competition of the Annecy international animation festival, the biggest animation festival in the world.

You can watch our demo here : Miyu Production

Our activity of production and distribution of animated films allowed us to discover and work with virtuosos of the animated image from all over the world – we work with artists from France, Italy, Japan, Hungary, the U.S., Israël… However, they are not sufficiently recognized by the cinema world, and even less by the contemporary art world, as there are very few bridges between these worlds.

So, in continuity with our editorial line, and willingness to promote and showcase animation artists, Miyu has opened on April 23, The Miyu Gallery in the Marais district of Paris, at 101 rue du Temple. The Miyu Gallery is the first gallery in the World dedicated to contemporary animation.

Managing the Miyu Gallery are -

Emmanuel-Alain Raynal. Founder of Miyu – associated procucer – gallerist

After studying history and history of art and a master’s degree in film studies at the University Panthéon-Sorbonne Paris 1, he embarked on a career as a director and then producer.

After having founded a first production company, driven by the desire to defend a particular line and to develop animation projects, he founded Miyu Productions in 2009, which now has four studios in Paris, Angoulême, Valence and Arles. The company produces short films, audiovisual works and animated features.

Passionate about the visual arts and a collector, he has wanted to create the Miyu Gallery for many years, convinced that the plastic work of animators and animation techniques, too little known in the contemporary art world, have a significant potential for plastic and visual expression.

In 2015, he joined forces with Pierre Baussaron, with whom he co-founded several companies in 2016, some of them with other partners: Miyu Distribution, a company specializing in the distribution of short films, the Miyu Gallery, an art gallery dedicated to the promotion of the plastic work of animation directors, and Studio Miyu, which is intended to carry the group’s executive production activity.

Within Miyu, he is in charge of all the company’s networks - contact with institutions, producers, schools, authors and artists. He is in charge of new projects and the search for new authors and artists. He ensures the production strategy and the development of projects in collaboration with Pierre Baussaron.

In parallel to his activity as a producer and gallery owner, he is vice-president of the SPI (Syndicat des Producteurs Indépendants) in charge of the animation

Pierre Baussaron. Associate Producer- Galerist

After studying mathematics and management, Pierre Baussaron joined the Danone group in 2004 in organizational management and then in marketing. From 2010 he becomes independent and works as a management, strategy and communication consultant, through his company À Boire et à Manger, and as a partner in the company Liquid Liquid, specialized in the spirits sector.

In 2011, he founded Blast Production with 3 other partners, whose activity is focused on the production of institutional films. He then focused entirely on audiovisual production, and developed from 2012 several short films, and a series of short programs for television.

Passionate about drawing and comics since his childhood, collector of rare albums, he joined in March 2015 Emmanuel-Alain Raynal within Miyu Productions as associate producer, driven by the desire to produce animation projects, closer to his artistic sensibility.

Within Miyu, he manages the operational implementation of projects, the executive production activity, the organizational, administrative and financial strategy of the group. He ensures the production strategy and the development of projects in collaboration with Emmanuel-Alain Raynal.

Delphine Duroy. Gallery Director

After a career in mediation and management of cultural projects, Delphine Duroy became professionally involved with structures in the field of contemporary art and artistic production.

She is notably responsible for the Audi Talents gallery or more recently for the Pierre-Yves Caër gallery. In 2018, she co-founded iilim, a structure for the support and promotion of emerging artists, where she is in charge of development and partnerships.

In the spring of 2022, she joins Miyu as Director of the gallery.

6/ Website & Social Media Links:

miyu.fr/gallerie/en
miyu.fr/production/en

7/ Summary/manifesto of your Space (~500 words). What is your unique value prop / elevator pitch? What type of art will you focus on? How will your Space stand out among the crowd?

Miyu Gallery’s SuperRare space aims to become the place to go for digital animated works by animation artists, and to discover the animation talents of tomorrow.

Miyu Gallery is the first contemporary animation gallery in the world, and will represent the work of eclectic animation directors who are, in essence, multi-talented and multi-faceted. From the creation phase and beyond their works, they leave the framework of cinema to work in other mediums (traditional or digital drawing, painting, sculpture, installations, photos, projections…).

Rachel Guttgarts

Miyu Gallery will therefore aim to promote and present to the public animated works by artists from all over the world, by:

• Presenting original works by artists from the world of animation
  • Serving as a laboratory, opening our know-how in animation production, to support artists whose primary medium is not animation, but who would like to use it to produce a work or an exhibition
  • To be the voice of animation in the art world, by showcasing the works of other artists

The particularity of Miyu, being also an animation studio, will also allow us to accompany the artists on the production of their works, the production of an animation film being generally long and expensive.

The Miyu gallery is both a physical gallery, opened a few days ago in Paris, and a digital gallery, which we hope will find its place on SuperRare.

Animation has long been a field of experimentation for artists, but animation directors have always struggled to have it recognized as an art form in its own right. Digital art offers animation an unprecedented opportunity to make a place for itself in the art world. Most successful digital artists like Pak or Beeple regularly use animation in their work. Yet, the “traditional” contemporary art world is still skeptical about NFT & animation overall.

Our ambition is to reconnect the two universes by a two-way approach:

• First, by helping bring artists to digital art, but also by bringing collectors who are not used to NFT to be interested in this form of collection, and to accompany them towards an investment in this sector. We will carry out in-depth work with the media and contemporary art critics, in particular through regular and committed press relations work with a communications agency, Pierre Laporte Communication, which accompanies us permanently in our activity.

• Secondly, by offering a voice to the NFT sector in the physical contemporary art universe, by exhibiting our artists expressing themselves in digital art, whether within our physical gallery in Paris or at contemporary art fairs such as Drawing Now, a contemporary art fair dedicated to drawing in Paris in mid-May, for which we will be selling several animated videos and their NFT.

Our space will exclusively propose animated works. Our particular position, because of our background, will allow us to propose a unique panel of works in a multitude of techniques: we will be able to propose works traditionally realized with drawing on paper, as well as 3D creations, or other more innovative or experimental techniques, such as animation realized with the help of artificial intelligence, neural transfer, or even traditional experimental processes of animation on photo paper.

ugly_parking_lot_01

8/ Describe you/your team’s experience curating and promoting artwork:

Miyu has a 13-year experience in the production of cinematographic works, the identification of talented artists with a singular approach.

The short film is, particularly within our activity and our vision of Miyu, a real formal laboratory which has been the heart of our action since the beginning. For us, it is a format in its own right, considering that the importance of the work is not defined by its duration. Françoise Sagan used to say: “Writing is like running after a fire with a bucket of water, and it doesn’t matter how big the bucket is”. It is also a format that is open to innovation, and oh so important for the development of the directors we work with.

We have developed an international production policy by offering authors from all over the world the opportunity to accompany them in the making of their films. Particularly in Japan, where auteur animation is very little supported, we have gradually started the production of 5 short films. One of them, Anxious Body by Yoriko Mizushiri, was made in partnership with the Towada Art Center in Tokyo and showcased in Cannes Festival’s official competition in 2021.

Yoriko Mizushiri

In line with this special relationship with the authors, all Miyu directors have permanent access to the studio, whether to work on projects that may or may not be produced by Miyu, as a playground to develop their visual approach.

We have accompanied our films to the world’s most prestigious film festivals such as Cannes, Locarno, Venice and Berlin. This year, two of our short films were in competition at the Berlinale, and one of them received an award. We will soon have 6 short films, 2 feature films and a video clip in competition at the Annecy International Film Festival, the largest animation festival in the world.

9/Describe you/your team’s experience organizing exhibitions, making art sales, running auctions, networking with collectors, etc:

Delphine Duroy, our gallery director, has ten years of professional experience
of professional experience in the arts and culture sector as a gallery manager (Pierre-Yves Caer Gallery, Audi Talents Gallery), production manager (Lieux Communs), project manager and exhibition curator. Her experience in public and private institutions has taught her to move within the art world networks, to maintain lasting relationships with collectors.
In 2018 she co-founded Iilim, an association that accompanies, distributes and produces
artists from the young creation in contemporary art.

10/ Are there new artists you’d like to bring into your Space in the first six months? What is your relationship to them?

We plan to work with 10 artists in the short term. We are already in contact with all of them. For some of them, we produce or have produced their films, short films or feature films. For others, we work exclusively with their work for the art world.

Sébastien Laudenbach

Director and animator, author of 8 animated shorts, including Journal, Vasco, Daphné ou la belle plante or Vibrato (made for the 3rd Scène-Opéra National de Paris), he made a name for himself with his feature film La Jeune fille sans mains (The Girl without Hands), produced by Les Films Sauvages, presented at Cannes, awarded at Annecy and nominated for a César award, which he animated entirely on his own.

Chicken for Linda!, his second animated feature, co-directed with Chiara Malta, is currently being produced by Dolce Vita Films and Miyu Productions. At the same time, he is developing his third feature film, Prends garde à toi ! a spin-off of Carmen produced by La Garde Montante and Folivari.

Sébastien Laudenbach is a versatile artist, designing film posters, credits, notably for Emmanuel Mouret, music videos and a cover for Dominique A… He has been collaborating since 2014 with the poet Luc Bénazet, directing animated films-of-poetry for the magazine Numéro Zéro and has been teaching at EnsAD (Ecole Nationale Supérieure des Arts Décoratifs) since 2001.

A founding member of Ouanipo (Ouvroir d’Animation Potentielle), he has performed various live animation pieces, notably at the Maison de la poésie and the Cinémathèque Française.

For Drawing Now, he proposes to create a ghostly universe, using cryptokinography, conceiving a figurative animation from drawings that are not: phi effect, camouflage, iconic reduction are some of the ways to answer this constraint. The result is a fluid movement from suggested forms, like an impalpable presence, that of a woman of today, Anna.

Laudenbach

Vergine Keaton

Born in 1981, Vergine Keaton is a French director and visual artist who lives and works in Paris. Her projects are at the crossroads of cinema and visual arts.

After studying graphic design and cinema, she directed her first animated short film, Je criais contre la vie, ou pour elle in 2009. The film has been presented in a hundred festivals including Cannes in the ACID selection.

She experimented with mapping and 3D in her next film, Marzevan, and her third film The Tasmanian Tiger, also produced by Sacrebleu Productions, was selected in the official competition of the Berlin Film Festival 2018, and then presented in many festivals around the world. She is currently developing her first animated feature at Iliade et Films around a single battle set in a small town during the Italian Renaissance.

Since 2016, she has also been creating multi-screen installations and working on the spatialization of her films, whether in Times Square in NY, at the Centre Pompidou Metz, at the Maison de la Poésie in Paris, at the Alliance Française in New York or at the Hors-Piste festival at the Centre Pompidou. In 2020, she collaborated with the conductor Laurence Equilbey by directing the short film Agnus Dei, around the work of Samuel Barber, for Arte Concert.

Vergine Keaton creates her animations from pre-existing documents (paintings, engravings, drawings from classical and popular culture) from which she takes details in order to create new images, both familiar and unique. She is interested in the evocative potential of these images belonging to our collective memory and their capacity to reinvent themselves.

Boris Labbé

Boris Labbé was born in 1987 in Lannemezan (Hautes Pyrénées). He lives and works between France and Madrid. He studied at the École supérieure d’art des Pyrénées, site of Tarbes, then at the École de cinéma d’animation d’Angoulême until 2011. Afterwards, the artist did several residencies: Casa de Velázquez in Madrid, HEAR - Haute école des arts du Rhin in Strasbourg, CICLIC - Région Centre-Val de Loire in Vendôme, VIDEOFORMES residency in Yssingeaux, Tenjinyama Art Studio in Sapporo, Q21 program of the MuseumsQuartier in Vienna, the animation residency of the Cinémathèque Québécoise in Montreal.

His works have been shown in contemporary art exhibitions in France and abroad (Japan, United States, Canada, Spain, Croatia), screened in more than three hundred international film festivals (including Cannes, Clermont-Ferrand, Annecy, …), broadcast on television, or played in audiovisual concerts. In 2020, he collaborated with the choreographer Angelin Preljocaj and signed the video scenography of the show Swan Lake.

He has been collaborating since 2014 with Sacrebleu Productions for his work as a filmmaker. He is also represented by re.riddle gallery (San Francisco) and Miyu gallery (Paris). More recently he is collaborating with Bandini Films and VIDEOFORMES to flesh out the project Monade (2020).

His latest short film La Chute was in the Special Session selection at the 57th Critics’ Week of the 2018 Cannes Film Festival.

Based on drawing, Boris Labbé’s seemingly minimalist work is characterized by hybridization, combining the use of digital moving image techniques with those specific to animated film. This approach blends tradition and innovation, improvisation and probability calculation, painting and cinema, music and dance, bodies and animals, plants and minerals. Boris Labbé creates a cinema without direct filming, without actors, without characters, without dialogue, and whose narrative, often dilated, remains open to the interpretation of the spectator.

Sawako Kabuki

Sawako Kabuki was born in 1990 in Tokyo, Japan. She graduated from Tama University of Art with a B.A. in graphic design and completed her M.A. after working as an assistant director for a pornographic video company.

Her films have been selected and awarded at numerous international festivals in over 20 countries, including Annecy, Ottawa, Zagreb, Rotterdam, Sundance and SXSW.

A natural progression from the cheeky and comical drawings Sawako has been making for the past few years, her recent work that will be exhibited at the gallery in the form of drawings and animations depicts butts on an even smaller scale than before. She is not afraid to use large amounts of nudity and sexual references to communicate her ideas, and she continues to address many taboo subjects in Japanese society through her work.

Sawako Kabuki also plays with new color palettes, using many more reds and blues, a combination that has fascinated her since she was a teenager: “As bulls hate and attack the color red, certain color combinations have always excited me… like magenta and cyan, red and blue, yellow and blue, peach and sky blue and so on. I use them according to my mood” she says.

I’m Late, her latest animated film produced and distributed by Miyu, focuses on the experiences of women who don’t get their period or who are late in their cycle.

Sawako-Kabuki

These first 4 artists will all be present at our exhibition at Drawing Now, from May 17 to 22, 2022, where we will connect the digital works to the Cryptoart world by selling the video works in NFT.

Afterwards, we will work in the short term with :

Mattis Dovier

After studying graphic design at ENSAAMA, ESAD and Gobelins, Mattis Dovier turned to traditional turned to traditional animation, drawing his influences from underground manga and Japanese animation of the 80s and 90s. He mixes the organic of drawing and the digital of pixel art to develop an imaginary that is both dark and playful, echoing the aesthetics of 8-bit video games, the first digital drawing software and contemporary gif culture.

Mattis Dovier

Ulysse Lefort and Martin Wiklund

Plural artists, graduates of the Pennighen School of Design, Martin Wiklund and Ulysse Lefort are at the same time composers, DJs, videographers and animators. They have always worked on hybrid techniques in animation, exploring digital collage and visual glitching. More recently they have explored neural transfer techniques, allowing to create new images, and are among the only artists to use these techniques in the animation world. After their film Danse Exquise, selected at the Annecy festival in 2019, they will release in 2022 their next video Bruit Rose for the band Pink Noise.

Nikita Diakur

Nikita Diakur studied animation at the Royal College of Art in London. He now lives and works as an independent director and producer in Leipzig, Germany. The trademark of his films is an animation method based on computer simulation and randomness, allowing for spontaneity and mistakes.

The Russian-born artist has won several awards for his latest projects “Ugly” and “Fest” and participated in film festivals all over the world. With his innovative narratives, he questions formats and styles. His stories are about bizarre characters and unpredictable physics. The result is a surprise. He regularly gives lectures and workshops, e.g. at the Playgrounds Festival or at the Berlin Academy of Arts. He was also part of the Artists-in-Residence programme at Q21 in Vienna and is a member of the European Film Academy.

caroussel

Alice Saey

Alice Saey is an animator who travels between Paris and Rotterdam. After studying at the Arts Décoratifs de Strasbourg, she animated a sea of naked women, a dance of Egyptian geese and a choir of volcanoes in the clips She’s Young (Shaking Godspeed), Happy (Mark Lotterman) and Careful (Jo Goes Hunting) which won international awards. For her next short film Flatastic, written by Léa Perret and produced by Miyu, she stages a chaotic ballet of manta rays and flattened humans.

Alice-Saey

Mihai Grecu

Mihai Grecu is a native of southern Transylvania in Romania, born in 1981 in the town of Sebes. Oscillating between cinema, video art and CGI creations, his singular imagery implements, in a dehumanized atmosphere, dreamlike visions crossed by political allegories, parasitic objects, modified architectures and character-symbols. In 2014 he was awarded the prestigious artistic residency Q214 in Vienna, Austria. His work has been shown in numerous film festivals (Rotterdam, Nouveau Cinéma Montréal…) and exhibitions (“Dans la nuit, des images” at the Grand Palais, “Labyrinth of my mind” at the Cube, “Studio” at Galerie Les filles du Calvaire, etc).

We already work with each of these artists, either through the Miyu Gallery, but also for some of them through Miyu Productions, producing their films, they’re all on board to be part of Miyu’s space.

11/ Are there any artists already in the CryptoArt space that you are planning to work with? Have they committed to participating yet?

Of the 8 artists listed above, three are already involved in the Crypto-art spaces, particularly on SuperRare where they have each already sold NFTs:

Sawako Kabuki sold her first NFT “Salted Tongue” in November 2021

Nikita Diakur has been selling the NFTs “Fall”, “No Parachutes”, “Be a winner!” and “Renault 4 ()” for about 1 year.

Mihai Grecu is regularly selling NFTs on various platforms, on Ethereum / Tezos blockchains.

The three of them have confirmed their desire to be represented by Miyu Gallery.

12/ If selected, how soon could you launch your first exhibition?

We could launch our first exhibition very quickly, as an extension of the Drawing Now Art fair, for which we will be ready within 2 weeks. We’re working with Sawako Kabuki on a full exhibition to be released in September 2022. We’re discussing with Mattis Dovier and Martin Wiklund/Ulysse Lefort around digital exhibition from the Summer 2022.
Nikita Diakur’s next project “Down Only” should be ready in 2023.

Please provide any additional details about how you plan to operate this Space; e.g. cadence of releases, auction strategy, number of artworks, other ideas for promoting your art and artists, etc.

We plan to have 6 digital exhibitions per year in our SuperRare space, in parallel with our 6 exhibitions in the physical gallery. Similar to our work in our physical gallery, we want to represent only original work, created specifically for the gallery space.

We will promote the artists’ works at the same time during these exhibitions, which will result in drops of several works at the same time, between 3 and 6 works per exhibition. But we will not refrain from regularly unveiling various works of our artists, between several exhibitions, depending on their will and their production.

Some of our exhibitions in the physical gallery and in contemporary art fairs will also lead to NFT sales. In 2022-2023 we will participate in the following contemporary art fairs:

• Drawing Now
  • Art Paris
  • Barcelona Loop

We will tend to propose fixed prices for each work, depending on the artists, their background and experience, but also on the works themselves, according to the difficulty of production they imply.

All of our activity will be supported by the work of our press agency - Pierre Laporte communication, which accompanies us annually, is very well established in the art world in France, and will communicate about our artists and their exhibitions at each new event.

13/ How do you plan to structure commission rates for the artists who release in your Space?

We will structure our commissions as follows:
5% for the SuperRare DAO
20% for Miyu Gallery
75% for the artist

In the case of a co-production of the exhibition with the artist, we will divide the revenue in proportion to the gallery’s contribution.

14/ To you, what is the importance of NFTs as a medium/technology? Where do you see the NFT and CryptoArt space in five years?

We are convinced that NFTs allow for a global revolution in the world’s exchange system, with incredible potential for the independence of the various players from the monetary system and the world of finance in general.

The versatility of NFTs in their different applications, especially in the governance of organizations, but also the capacity for actors in many markets, starting with the art market, to become independent of the historical actors.The progressive, community-based dynamic that is being created is a tremendous hope in the face of control by the system, censorship, and the market.

To focus more specifically on NFT and Cryptoart, we believe that a revolution of artistic practices is at work, incredible exciting, but also moving and naturally unstable. We are thrilled to embrace this movement and accompany it so that it takes the place it deserves. It allows video and animation artists in particular to find a place in a market that has been difficult for them to access until now.

We believe that in 5 years the NFT and CryptoArt market will be structured around probably fewer, solid players, among which we have no doubt of SuperRare’s continued success. The codes of the sector will probably have evolved, a the NFT Market will probably be changing less fast, but the diversity and richness of the works produced should keep being extremely high, as there is no barrier for new players to come and offer their artistic propositions.

We believe that a much greater number of artists will use NFTs. Cryptoart will be better known by the public, and recognized as a practice in its own right, and communication between physical and digital art will have become natural. We sincerely hope to play a really active role in that movement.

14/ If your Space were a cocktail or a dish, what would it be and why?

We could be a coffee. A drink that surprises you when you drink it for the first time, by its bitterness, which is not necessarily easy to access. It remains simple in its proposition, direct and strong. And which expresses an infinite number of nuances, subtleties, a depth that can be explored for a lifetime.

Anything else you’d like the community to know/consider?

Yes, we’d like to add a word about environment –

Today, there is little mention of NFTs in the media that does not address their ecological impact. However, there is very little information today on the specific carbon impact of NFTs.

It seems essential to us, at a time when everyone must question their consumption and how to reduce it, to analyze the impact of NFTs in terms of carbon footprint, and to develop the most virtuous approach possible in this regard. This approach also seems to us to be essential to support the progress of the NFT sector as a whole with the public.

Echoing the article published a year ago by SuperRare - No, CryptoArtists Aren’t Harming the Planet | by SuperRare Labs Team | SuperRare 💎 | Medium - we would like to launch, together with Workflowers, a company specialized in environmental analysis, a holistic study on the impact of NFTs, both directly and indirectly (through the impact of blockchain itself). We obviously want to share the findings of such a study with the entire art world and more.

We are thinking, in the short term, about integrating a carbon offset component to a smart contract, which would direct a portion of sales towards carbon impact reduction solutions, blockchain optimization, or other virtuous approaches.

*We’re thrilled to get a chance to be part of SuperRare, and have the opportunity to fight for the artists we love, and a better/rightful presence of animation in the art world, please consider voting for us !

ArtGee

2. Name of primary contact:
    Felicia Che

CaoYin,Motoko

4. SuperRare username(s) of everyone who will be a Space admin:
    motokovault,swgee731

ArtGee consists of a team of 10, all experienced in different industries with diverse backgrounds. Some of the key members are:
    Felicia Che: Founder
    Marvin Zhu: Curator
    Clint Liu: Curator
    Shibei Xu: Social Media Specialist
    Tech Department:
    eric07 - Backend Engineer
    ZJX - Frontend Engineer
    Tim0523 - Smart Contractor
    Louie - Web Designer, Project Manager

Twitter: https://twitter.com/ArtGee15
    Instagram: @Artgee.io
    Medium:ArtGee Official – Medium
    Decentraland: /goto -41, -24
    Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/company/artgee
    Felicia’s SuperRare Profile: https://superrare.com/abstract9/collection
    Motoko’s SuperRare Profile: https://superrare.com/motokovault

7. Summary/manifesto of your Space. What is the unique value prop/elevator pitch? What type of art will you focus on? How will your Space stand out among the crowd?

• ArtGee is an innovative online platform founded in China in 2020. As one of the first organizations to investigate and promote NFT art in China, we are growing with the mission to build an ecosystem around digital art transactions, curation, auctions, investment, and other digital assets (NFTs). ArtGee is one of the most trustworthy digital art frontier ecologies for investment and collection, as well as the leader in the transformation of the global art market system.

• We have been focusing on the secondary NFT market and have curated many online exhibitions and auctions on a variety of virtual platforms, like Decentraland. We intend to introduce new emerging artists from Asia to the global audience through thoughtfully curated exhibitions on our Superspace and to educate our audience with our programs. Our style is distinctive and clear, just like our team: diverse, provocative, bold, and young. Since we are located in Asia and are experienced in the Chinese NFT market, we believe we can also establish something very beneficial for both our artists and the many, many Asian collectors that are trying to break into the NFT art world.

• We believe our unique position in the current Marketplace has given us the major advantage of discovering new NFT artists and expanding new clientele. It is also why we chose to be located and based in the city of Shanghai.

1. Describe you/your team’s experience curating and promoting artwork:

Our team members have worked in the traditional art industry and curated many offline exhibitions in New York, Hong Kong, Korea, and China for years. Not only are we familiar with the Primary and Secondary markets in Asian/European American Contemporary Art, but we have also worked with many digital artists and promoted their works.

We also actively collect artist’s works on different platforms. Some of the works we collected on Superrare includes:

https://superrare.com/motokovault

https://superrare.com/swgee731/collection

https://superrare.com/abstract9/collection

1. Describe you/your team’s experience organizing exhibitions, making art sales, running auctions, networking with collectors, etc.

Following the previous question, our past online exhibitions, auctions and events include:

- The Time of Variation: Crypto Art Gallery (2020)

- The Story of Senses: Decision Between Abstract and Concrete (2021)
(TotaI l auctioned value of 1.2m USD)

We regularly host panel discussions for our audiences on various platforms and do interviews with our artists to keep the community engaged. We also post insightful articles about our artists, the metaverse, and other NFTs related topics.

- Gee Talk *
1st Episode: G-Tower Tour

- Clubhouse Sessions with Sotheby’s and Phillips

1. Are there new artists you’d like to bring into the Space in the first six months? What is your relationship to them?

Yes! We will definitely be introducing new artists into the Space, in fact, we already have a list of artists that are currently working with us and/or in discussions with us for future projects:

1. Are there any artists already in the CryptoArt space that you are planning to work with for this Space? Have they committed to participating yet?

Yes, as we mentioned, we also involve ourselves in the secondary market, so inevitably, we will be showing secondary works in the future. That being said, we are also interested in working with artists that appeared in our previous auctions/exhibitions and are not currently working with any other spaces yet. We are currently in the process of discussing with said artists.

2. If selected, how soon could you launch your first exhibition?

In our experience it would usually take about one to two months to finish putting together a new exhibition (this includes contacting artists/institutions, drafting contracts with artists, writing a press release, visualizing the exhibition, if on a virtual space then time it takes for the 3d modeling designer to build the space also needs to be taken into consideration.)

3. Please provide any additional details you can about how you plan to operate this Space; e.g. cadence of exhibitions, auction strategy, number of artworks, other ideas for promoting your art and artists, etc.

We are planning 6 upcoming exhibitions/auctions for the first year (2022):

• 2 major exhibitions follow with 2 auctions, which are tied to the exhibitions that will feature both secondary works and new primary works from the artists we represent. We expect to see good results from our collectors and will plan both online and offline events around these two exhibitions. Both exhibitions will last 2-3 months.

• 4 exhibitions showcasing emerging artists that will last around a month.

We are currently looking into international art fairs such as Westbund Shanghai, Contemporary Istanbul with the intention to further promote our exhibitions and artists.

1. How do you plan to structure commission rates for the artists who release in your Space?

For each successful sale, we will be taking a 15% commission, plus the 5% for Super Rare Community Treasury, so 20% in total and the rest goes to the seller/artist.

2. To you, what is the importance of NFTs as a medium/technology? Where do you see the NFT and CryptoArt space in five years?

One must realize that NFTs are merely a drive for the different mediums of the artworks, we must learn to separate and distinguish the two before we can evaluate the art itself. NFTs provide digital art with scarcity, transparency, and collectability, but digital art has been established by many artists before the creation of cryptocurrency and has been a part of contemporary art history for decades. In that perspective, NFT art can be evaluated, criticized, and studied based on its aesthetic, narrative, history, and provenance, etc. as digital art to some degree. Of course, as NFTs grows, the changes that it brings to the art world will lead to diversities and new conversations will be made, and as time goes by we will have to adopt a new way to look at NFT art as well.

For this reason, the selection and curation for an NFT art exhibition become very crucial in the process. As curators we have to pay attention to an ocean of recent emerging artists and their works, as we slowly figure out the market and pave the way for the future of NFTs, for a good curation in this early stage can directly impact an artist’s career, thus, in a grand scale changing the ecology of the market. A quote that deeply inspires the founder of ArtGee, Felicia Che: “Every successful investment (in an artwork) is a victory to the Aesthetics.”

Krista Kim, who founded Techism in 2014 says in her essay “We are Creating a Decentralized Civilization”: “… Artists express humanity in their work. Art is a force of nature that brings us together. The contribution of art using digital technology will create a more connected and humane culture, which will affect how our society chooses to use and innovate digital technology for the future. It is the demonstration of possibilities and expression of free thought, using digital technology that will create a more balanced culture.” As we are slowly transitioning into a time where the digital world is inevitably colliding with reality as we know of, we should encourage artists to embrace this technological innovation as a medium to further their creation, instead of seeing it as a limitation.

3. If your Space were a cocktail or a dish, what would it be and why?

A glass of Le Tribute gin and tonic, with a slice of orange. A gin with a rich history that can create a contemporary and avant-garde experience for its audiences and can be appreciated easily by anyone from beginners to advocates.

4. Anything else you’d like the community to consider?

We are a promising start-up founded in Shanghai, but our goal is to achieve international success. Being on the Space will help us launch a series of exciting projects and promote emerging artists, also sustain the quality of our curatorial content.

Some Interviews and articles about us:

The Story of Senses Auction Closed with USD 1.2 Million NFT Sales

ArtGee presents: The Story of Senses: Decision Between Abstract and Concrete

Unpacking NFTs, the brightest new sparks in the art world

Holla navigators of the emoticons!!

We will be the first group of artists who will come to innovate in this artistic world of NFT’s, in addition to what you will read below, we are proud to present our master proposal: we will receive strong emotional stories that have marked people’s lives and transform them into incredible and breathtaking works. Once accepted, we will run a pilot for testing, and we will adjust over time. Of course, those who provide us with stories will be rewarded when artwork based on their story is sold, and of course, we will allocate part of the sale of the artwork to our Ukrainian brothers who suffer so much at this time. Help us revolutionize the world!!!

1/ Space name / team name:
Mr kenjizst / Tears to Phantom

2/ Name and email of primary contact:
Arley Dutra / [email protected]

3/ Names of additional Space admins:
currently just myself. however I am in negotiations with two artists who have fantastic traits and are aligned with the central idea

4/ SuperRare username(s) of everyone involved with your Space
@Mrkenjiizst

5/ Short bio of you and/or your team:
I am a lover of emotions, and this is due to the fact that I felt them very early in my life, I mean in a more intense way. I had a difficult adolescence that made me keep a lot of things, besides strong and deep events, I had problems expressing myself, I had sessions with professionals and the way out I found was to draw and make sculptures, to put everything out. Since then I do 3D works to express abstract feelings and I will take this to my space. I am more than sure that I will take it to another level: a level of not having closed and closed feelings anymore.

6/ Website & Social Media Links:
https://twitter.com/TearsToPhantom1

7/ Summary/manifesto of your Space (~500 words). What is your unique value prop / elevator pitch? What type of art will you focus on? How will your Space stand out among the crowd?

This is the proposal of tears to phantom, with it I want to give voice to the repressed, to the true artists who live art in an intense way, and draw, sculpt, photograph based on feelings and sensations.
I haven’t found artists for this project yet, but I speak for myself, I intend to take this project to a high level, and grow both myself and my team, I’m committed to spend hours, days to deliver quality art and made with feelings and experiences.

I believe that art lived in a real way is the most impacting, that’s why we see great names of art who painted impacting works that marked forever the world of art. Art that is painted with feelings that we notice in each stroke. This is the proposal of TP. We will put our feelings, be them sadness or joy in the works. Initially we will focus on 3D art, but of course we will expand to 2D. We will make advertising videos and focus on delivering iconic works of tremendous visual impact…

8/ Describe you/your team’s experience curating and promoting artwork:
I am a 3D artist with 5 years experience. I have studied sculpture in my worst moments, consequently I have made some mysterious works that have caused great surprise. I hope to bring quality art to the Super Rare Space and support other artists as well that make emotional art.

9/ Describe you/your team’s experience organizing exhibitions, making art sales, running auctions, networking with collectors, etc:

I worked for a long time in the marketing events area, organizing brand and product launches. And through this I met NFT’s. I joined 3 friends and we launched 15 arts about zombies, and it was something very good because I learned other particularities of this world of launching arts, is a branch that we need to involve the collectors in a way that they feel the same feeling that we had when we sculpted the art, and make them buy the idea behind the art. This reflects in the competitiveness of the auction, where the bids speak for themselves, and I saw this in my last release. I also have contacts with one of the main collectors and I am thinking of a unique experience for them, especially with those who have already experienced my art, and also with those who are coming. We will have exclusive events online and in person in Switzerland.

10/ Are there new artists you’d like to bring into your Space in the first six months? What is your relationship to them?

Absolutely. I have 3 friends who make 3D sculptures that I trust with all my chips, especially when it comes to delivering quality art that carries incredible meanings and incredible backstories. I invited them but at this first moment they are finishing game projects, but we are 100% in tune and want to make it work.

11/ Are there any artists already in the CryptoArt space that you are planning to work with? Have they committed to participating yet?

Yes for sure, there is 1 besides the ones I mentioned above that has an incredible ability to portray human feelings in abstract 3D art, he is amazing, I am a worshiper of his work, I talked to him and he showed interest, but we are still talking

12/ If selected, how soon could you launch your first exhibition?

I will be posting after 1 Week that I am approved and able to deploy the contracts. I am in final negotiations with 3 of the artists I mentioned above and they are confirming their commitment to have 10 artworks for this project, already done. Adding with mine we will have 24 arts for exhibition. 10 of them with amazing quality of details.

13/ Please provide any additional details about how you plan to operate this Space; e.g. cadence of releases, auction strategy, number of artworks, other ideas for promoting your art and artists, etc.

I am planning to split the whole performance of tears to phantom into two parts. The first is the release of super exclusive works that tell feelings of the phase of my life,everything I felt in a work, and of course we will count on influencers of the area 'to disclose. and soon after I intend to launch new works every week with two new works weekly,at least. These weekly works will be the other artists in addition to those mentioned above,because yes I will open selection process for artists to work with me and boost their works in the collectors market.

14/ How do you plan to structure commission rates for the artists who release in your Space?

For artists who are selected by me it will be 8% commission and 12-18% for my team. But the artist after some time producing with me will get the increase in commission and will have the same value of my team, because we are already a team. I do this because the collectors and I need to verify that these incoming artists will have commitment and deliver true emblematic works of true.

Secondary Sales:
10% - Artist Royalty.
90% - Collector.

15/ To you, what is the importance of NFTs as a medium/technology? Where do you see the NFT and CryptoArt space in five years?

Over the years we can see technology innovating and creating growth for people, we have seen this in the tools of paid traffic enriching people and changing values. We can see this in the NFTs where it changed many lives for the better, gave voice to the forgotten and reinvented the way to acquire works of art on the market, not only that, but also gave a new meaning to original works of art, where they have an absolute originality. and in view of this, I see the space Tears to Phantom becoming something much bigger than it is today, going directly to the metaverse and having exclusive events on and offline and perhaps making music events on and offline.

16/ If your Space were a cocktail or a dish, what would it be and why?

This is a wonderful question, because the proposal of the space is to promote the idealization of feelings in art and to make this parallel with drinks becomes essencily interesting.I recommend TP from the Latin drinks of great impact as “maria louca do carandirú” to intense and crazy drinks as “Magical Color Changing Cocktails”, because the works as well as feelings have different digestion intensities.

17/Anything else you’d like the community to know/consider?

I just want to tell you to read my proposal carefully, because I am sure you will see some similarity with the values of the artwork we will offer in the space. We believe in continued learning, so all of our artists who come to be part of our space will have continued learning and will have a great network of contacts where we will exchange experiences and tips on how to sculpt, draw, etc., and create deep friendships between artists and collectors. It is necessary to differentiate the current Cryptoart market and we are here for that, join us, vote for us.

@tfershi Would be great if you can share this in text form so we can view the links etc.

1 Like

You can’t see the links? …so I just put my twitter and my e-mail…

Verisart

2. Name of primary contact:

Vinciane Jones

Robert Norton, Shelley Mannion

4. SuperRare username(s) of everyone who will be a Space admin:

Verisart

Verisart is an award-winning and patented NFT minting and certification platform helping artists do business since 2015. Verisart builds trust and creates new opportunities for engagement between creators and collectors. We are a team of art world professionals and engineers with offices in Los Angeles & London. The curation of our SuperRare space will be led by Robert Norton, CEO & Co-Founder, and two other members of the curatorial team.

Robert Norton, CEO & Co-Founder - Robert has worked at the intersection of art and tech for over 10 years. Before establishing Verisart, he was the co-founder and CEO of Saatchi Art and Sedition Art. Previously he worked on the executive management team at King.com and AOL Europe. Robert graduated from Oxford University with a Master’s in Modern History.

Vinciane Jones, Head of Community - Vinciane is passionate about art and advocating for artists. She previously worked as Head of Communications at Artsper, an e-commerce platform for art. Vinciane holds a BA in History of Art from the University of Cambridge and an MA in Arts and Heritage from the University of Maastricht.

https://twitter.com/verisart/

7. Summary/manifesto of your Space (~500 words). What is your unique value prop / elevator pitch? What type of art will you focus on? How will your Space stand out among the crowd?

Verisart has been working with artists and blockchain since 2015. We’re dedicated to supporting artists and treasuring creativity across artistic mediums, styles and generations. We’re always on the lookout for talent whether we come across it online, in a gallery space or on Instagram.

Verisart’s SuperRare space would present works by artists working across disciplines and mediums with a strong track record of high-quality works in the contemporary art world or the NFT space. Our focus will be on artists who are always curious and exploring, whether that means exploring new technologies, new processes or tackling big ideas in interesting ways.

Verisart has worked with artists in both the physical art world and the digital space and an important element of our SuperRare space will be fostering the dialogue between the physical and digital. This can take many forms, including:

• Accompanying leading artists from the physical art world as they mint their genesis NFT
  • Creating physical displays of digital art through our partner galleries
  • Working with artists offering a physical component with their NFT

Through our digital SuperRare Space and our partner galleries’ physical spaces, we want to support artists in the most comprehensive way possible to showcase the breadth of their creations and creativity.

Verisart has organized curated auctions in partnership with SuperRare and Artsy and has also worked with artists individually to bring about the sale of their inaugural NFTs.

Verisart partnered with SuperRare for two series of curated art drops, 10x10 and 8x8.

Our 10x10 inaugural NFT auction in March 2021 1 brought together 10 major contemporary artists for their genesis NFT sales: Shepard Fairey, Random International, Neïl Beloufa, Petra Cortright, Jonathan Yeo, Universal Everything, AES+F, Mark Titchner, Michael Joo and Rob Pruitt. The auction signaled a broadening of reach and market maturity for the NFT space in terms of the participation of established, contemporary artists.

Universal Everything, Nature Always Wins - Airport

Shepard Fairey, Obey Ideal Power Mural

Petra Cortright, PC_Flower_Vase 001

Neïl Beloufa, B, trying to reach out to its audience

Following the success of the 10x10 NFT auction series, Verisart launched the 8x8 auction series in May, 1 focusing on a cross-generational selection of artists at different stages of their careers who had all made valuable contributions to digital and media art. The 8x8 curated series featured genesis NFTs from John Maeda, Lynn Hershman Leeson, Sougwen Chung, Quayola, Jake Elwes, Leo Isikdogan, Matteo Zamagni and Recycle Group.

Quayola, PP_F_018_1

John Maeda, 0000574

Leo Isikdogan, Heartbeats of a Flower

Sougwen Chung 鍾愫君, Ligatures (Node 1) © Sougwen Chung 鍾愫君

These series received extensive media coverage in the Financial Times, Forbes, Artnet, Hypebeast, Decrypt, Bloomberg TV and more.

Earlier this year, we worked with Artsy and celebrated the breadth of creativity in the NFT space with Artsy x Verisart: 22 for 2022, an NFT auction featuring 22 artists for 2022 across the contemporary, digital and street art market.

The participating artists reflect a variety of mediums including AI, NFTs, painting, installation, photography, robotics, sculpture, video and more - all developing their own striking visual style. Artists include Shepard Fairey, Jennifer Rubell, Vhils, Mario Klingemann, Daniel Brown, Penny Slinger, Manuel Rossner, Mark Wallinger, Estate of Lee Mullican, Troika, Mat Collishaw, Neil Beloufa, Pindar Van Arman, SMACK, Philip Colbert, Sougwen Chung, Jonathan Yeo, Recycle Group, Vince Fraser, Mike Egan, Leo Isikdogan and Linda Dounia.

Pindar van Arman, Ghosts in the Machine - bitGANg 1001

Daniel Brown, A Return to The Sprawl - The Station

9. Describe you/your team’s experience organizing exhibitions, making art sales, running auctions, networking with collectors, etc.

Verisart’s curated auction drops with SuperRare and Artsy generated over $1 million in sales and we have worked with over 40 high-profile artists providing guidance from the ideation phase to the handling of the sale. Artists include Philip Colbert, Derek Boshier 1, Robin Rhode, Aziz+Cucher, the Estate of Lee Mullican and William Wegman.

Estate of Lee Mullican, Comp Joy Game

The Estate of Lee Mullican launched their collection of genesis NFTs on OpenSea and sold out with collectors coming from a mix of crypto and art world backgrounds.

William Wegman, Waiting - Trippy Psychedelic (GIF version)

Our team has an extensive network of contacts in the contemporary art world from galleries, artists and collectors. Robert Norton, co-founder and CEO at Verisart, was previously CEO at Sedition Art, a groundbreaking online platform for collecting digital art, where he produced digital art by the world’s leading contemporary artists including Damien Hirst, Shepard Fairey, Bill Viola, Yoko Ono, Jenny Holzer and many others. Robert was also CEO of Saatchi Art, today the world’s largest online gallery enabling artists to sell directly to their collectors. He has also curated exhibitions such as the “Art in the Age of AI” exhibition and auction at Founders Forum in London.

10. Are there new artists you’d like to bring into the Space in the first six months? What is your relationship to them?

As an actor in both the physical contemporary art world and the digital art space, and a strong believer in the future of NFTs, we would like to work with several established contemporary artists who are interested in the NFT world. Our team has professional relationships with an extensive range of artists and through our partners, these discussions with the artists listed below are already in progress.

Marco Brambilla

Petra Collins

Martine Syms

David Rudnick

Ezra Miller

Darren Bader 1

Korakrit Arunanondchai

Kenta Cobayashi

Patrick Staff

Gus Van Sant

Es Devlin

UVA

Hayden Keys

Douglas Coupland

Doug Aitken

Daniel Arsham

Laure Prouvost

Jenny Holzer

Nadia Lee Cohen

Jon Emmony

Quentin Jones 1

Matt Lambert

Ivan Blackstock (@ ivanmichaelblackstock)

Rick Farin

Frederik Heyman

Maisie Cousins

Andrew Thomas Huang

Jacolby Satterwhite

Holly Blakey

Baloji

Terence Nance

Bart Hess

As a company, Verisart currently works with over 20,000 artists who use our platform to certify their physical and digital artworks. We would also plan on holding open calls among our existing community to ensure our SuperRare Space also provides a platform for emerging artists.

11. Are there any artists already in the CryptoArt space that you are planning to work with? Have they committed to participating yet?

Verisart looks forward to continuing to work with the artists we have already built relationships with including Neil Beloufa, Universal Everything, Shepard Fairey, Jonathan Yeo, Mark Titchner, Random International, Derek Boshier, Matteo Zamagni, Recycle Group, Sougwen Chung, Leo Isikdogan and more. Several artists are already working on their next NFT and are open to working with us again.

We’re also looking to work with artists from the CryptoArt and NFT space including Alexander Reben, Matt DesLauriers, Brendan Dawes, Trevor Jones, Lucho Poletti and more.

Alexandre Reben, disobedient_strawberry, Verisart Certified NFT

Trevor Jones, Picasso Bull, Original Painting certified on Verisart.

We would be able to launch within 2 months.

13. Please provide any additional details you can about how you plan to operate this Space; e.g. cadence of exhibitions, auction strategy, number of artworks, other ideas for promoting your art and artists, etc.

Every month we will be spotlighting a new artist or curated drops. We look forward to working with a wide range or artists as well as guests curators from the contemporary art world or NFT space.

The auction strategy would be determined in consultation with the artists but would primarily be timed auctions with a reserve price.

Artists would be promoted through Verisart’s social media channels, newsletters and editorial content. Contextualizing the works and the artist’s practice is also vital, Verisart would host Twitter spaces and talks allowing the artist’s voice to become center stage and provide an opportunity for questions and conversation.

When working with artists already represented by galleries from the physical art world we would also advise the gallery on best practices for promoting the work. Verisart has an in-house marketing team and a designer who would organize and support promotion for the drops.

Through our partner galleries, Verisart also has access to physical exhibition spaces. These physical spaces enable us to support artists who are interested in showing both physical and digital works. The link between physical and digital artworks can be blockchain-registered through Verisart certificates.

14. How do you plan to structure commission rates for the artists who release in your Space?

Primary Sales:

• 85% to the artist
  • 10% to Verisart
  • 5% for Super Rare Community Treasury

Artists would also have the opportunity to donate part of their proceeds to a cause or charity they care about through Verisart’s Fair Trade Art initiative.

Secondary Sale*:

• 90% to the seller
  • 9% to the artist
  • 1% to Verisart

*there is a 3% marketplace fee paid by the buyer to SuperRare DAO treasury in addition to the above.

15. To you, what is the importance of NFTs as a medium/technology? Where do you see the NFT and CryptoArt space in five years?

NFTs are changing the face of the creator economy and have enlarged the definition and participation of the art market. The technology underpinning NFTs provides transactional authenticity and price transparency, creating a more open market both for creators and collectors. The smart-contract royalties are finally providing the financial rewards that creators and artists deserve for their work. Beyond NFTs as a medium or technology, this new space has also seen a huge rise in creator-led communities and is bringing creators and collectors closer together as they interact more than ever before. The next phase will be more mainstream adoption of NFTs across the entire art market from crypto to street to contemporary to virtual and interactive experiences. As they say, buckle up, this ride is just beginning!

Long Island Iced Tea With A Twist - Reliable, refreshing and always looking to innovate and create something special that stands out.

17. Anything else you’d like the community to consider?

Verisart believes that the future of art is both digital and physical. We look forward to ensuring the conversation between the NFT space and the physical art world is a fruitful and exciting one.

Art Angels Enters The Space Race (thank you for your consideration!)

Art Angels

1. Name and email of primary contact:

Art Angels

[email protected]

1. Names of additional Space admins:

Connor Senay: [email protected]

Sarah Klauber: [email protected]

Jacquelin Napal: [email protected]

Kat Emery: [email protected]

1. SuperRare username(s) of everyone involved with your Space:

@artangels

1. Short bio of you and/or your team:

Art Angels is a progressive, contemporary art gallery based in Los Angeles that pushes the boundaries of art and culture through technology and creative innovation. Since September 2020, Art Angels has brought many of their physical artists into the NFT space while providing education and legitimacy of the NFT industry to their global collector base. The gallery represents esteemed NFT and physical artists such as Christopher Florentino, Micah Johnson, Brendan Murphy, Lyle Owerko, Cecile Plaisance, Nick Veasey and more. As a female-founded business, Art Angels is determined to support a greater presence of female artists and thought leaders into the NFT space.

1. Website & Social Media Links:

Instagram: @ArtAngels

Twitter: @ArtAngelsLA

Tik Tok: @ArtAngelsLA

1. Summary/manifesto of your Space (~500 words). What is your unique value prop / elevator pitch? What type of art will you focus on? How will your Space stand out among the crowd?

Translating from their physical gallery to the digital realm, Art Angels strives to bring thoughtfully curated collections and artists to the SuperRare community. With a decade of experience in the art industry, the Art Angels have gained global notoriety for being tastemakers in the contemporary and modern art world. This endeavor for their brand continues into the metaverse with musing curations that not only present artworks from their current roster of artists but also tap into authentic digital artists from within the SuperRare community. Within the Art Angels space, an interconnected display of established, emerging, and digital artists are presented cohesively with impactful messages and inspired artworks.

As a female-founded business, Art Angels is eager to continue supporting women in the NFT space with thoughtful partnerships and events to parallel the metaversal space with a physical gallery in Los Angeles. In addition to their contribution of artists, Art Angels seeks to encourage all types of collectors to embrace the NFT market by providing thoughtful education about the space and legitimacy of the artists that are represented.

Our curated conversation on May 12 with select female artists from SuperRare i.e. Ayla El-Moussa and Lindsey Price will allow for a myriad of demographics interested in NFTs and web3 to interact with influential, digitally native artists in our gallery space. Art Angels aims to build community around their Space, allowing participants to engage with the artists and better understand their messaging as the artists educate and inspire. We want to bridge the gap between novice and experienced collectors, between web3 and the physical world.

Our gallery has operated for seven years with a constant rotation of artist curations. Physically, we’ve curated stunning collections at prestigious international fairs such as Art Basel, CONTEXT Art Fair, Palm Beach Modern & Contemporary and this year are exhibiting works by our very own Flore at the Venice Biennale through November.

With NFTs, we’ve found great success with our email marketing campaigns, social media, and PR opportunities. Since the flag has been planted in Twitter for all things metaverse, we’ve grown our presence there to build a strong community focused around culminating fruitful discussion and artistic expression in web3. We are placing the finishing touches on our virtual Art Angels gallery in Decentraland which will expand upon every physical exhibition we have in the future and showcase our artists’ NFTs minted on SuperRare.

To bridge the metaphysical gap, Art Angels and SuperRare present “Meta Spectrum,” a women-led curation highlighting 10 female artists whose vivid works seamlessly mesh their unique energetic frequencies together, emphasizing their individual expressions through demonstration of color. This will take place on May 12 in our Los Angeles gallery space.

1. Describe you/your team’s experience organizing exhibitions, making art sales, running auctions, networking with collectors, etc:

At Art Angels, we are thoroughly experienced in hosting exhibitions, sales, auctions, art fairs, networking with collectors as well as other leaders in the art industry. We work with architects, interior designers, celebrity clientele, and additional partners throughout major key cities.

1. Are there new artists you’d like to bring into your Space in the first six months? What is your relationship to them?

Yes. Initially, we are eager to expand our space with select female artists that are represented by the gallery. More timely, we are preparing for Stefania Nazzal’s solo exhibition, showcasing physical artworks and accompanied by her genesis NFT drop on SuperRare, at our gallery in Los Angeles. We envision our “Space” running parallel with this event by offering our first SuperRare-exclusive NFT collection.

1. Are there any artists already in the CryptoArt space that you are planning to work with? Have they committed to participating yet?

At the moment, we have kept our NFT projects exclusively within the profile of artists we currently represent, but Jessica Ticchio is an incredible digital artist who we are planning to onboard in conjunction with our upcoming exhibition. We are extremely eager to tap into more digitally native artists within the SuperRare community to join the Art Angels in exhibition. This will allow us to display their artwork within our gallery and promote them within our channels.

1. If selected, how soon could you launch your first exhibition?

In partnership with SuperRare, we have tapped eight female artists from the SR community to display their works within our LA gallery. These works will run in tandem with Stefania Nazzal, a phygital artist represented by Art Angels, during her solo exhibition, “After the Rain.”

On May 12, we will simultaneously host a solo exhibition on one side of our gallery, while entertaining a digital exhibition on the other. The female-led exhibition, titled “Meta Spectrum,” will bridge the gap between physical and digital art and display a small curation of SR artists whose artworks we feel also “embody” the thematics presented in her show. Additionally, Stefania Nazzal’s genesis NFT will be released on the SuperRare marketplace.

In addition to Stefania and the eight SR artists, we have also selected Jessica Ticchio, a digitally native artist from Australia, to join SuperRare as the first female, digitally native artist to join Art Angels.

1. Please provide any additional details about how you plan to operate this Space; e.g. cadence of releases, auction strategy, number of artworks, other ideas for promoting your art and artists, etc.

We are eager to present curations on a quarterly basis with supporting content and opportunities generated monthly – we envision our partnership to be a sliding scale of opportunities that range in capabilities. For example, we could host digitally native curations as easily as 1x per month and quarterly events with SuperRare that are more elevated and tailored to a physical / digital integration. Additionally, we would be eager to participate and partner with other spaces, curators and SuperRare hosted events to showcase our support of the partnership.

1. How do you plan to structure commission rates for the artists who release in your Space?

Our commission rates work on a sliding scale that is tailored independently to each artist’s project. This scale is determined on the lift in which Art Angels is responsible for– Our primary services offered to our artists range from project management, to creative writing, PR and social media coverage, targeted collector outreach, and general metaverse brand management.

Currently, we have our artists in contract with us that allows them to showcase their art under the Art Angels brand umbrella. This allows us to obtain and report all payments from the marketplace sales, track all data of NFT drops, and provide monthly payouts to our artists for primary & secondary sales.

As we move forward with our represented artists minting on SuperRare, smart contracts will be written to ensure payments are seamlessly and accurately deployed to respective parties upon purchase.

1. To you, what is the importance of NFTs as a medium/technology? Where do you see the NFT and CryptoArt space in five years?

We find the NFT space to be an incredible opportunity for greater accessibility to art. We have always supported the digital space to become a legitimized medium of expression for artists and creators, and we strive to educate existing collectors to believe in this industry as well. In addition to accessibility, we appreciate the user journey of displaying and curating NFT artwork in collectors homes. By expanding partnerships into the technology space for NFT displays, we understand the value of collectors having the power to be their own curators with artworks that represent their interests, emotions and/or surroundings.

Five years from now, we anticipate to see more technologically advanced artworks that also embody a community and/or larger mission outside of the artist themselves. We foresee collectors embracing the digital canvas within their homes and displaying artworks utilizing technology similarly to listening to spotify. We also foresee great opportunities for artists to connect outside of their sphere with more intimate relationships with collectors and brands.

1. If your Space were a cocktail or a dish, what would it be and why?

Art Angels would undoubtedly be a cake… well decorated, creative, and artistic in expression, while also having layers of flavor inside. We offer an aesthetically pleasing dish with attention to color, texture, style, and execution. Inside, we’re a burst of bright flavor that is created by individual ingredients coming together to create a melodic flavor palette. We believe that cakes represent celebratory moments and elevate emotions, and we hope our artworks elicit those same feelings of excitement from our collectors.

1. Anything else you’d like the community to know/consider?

Art Angels is set apart from traditional galleries within the NFT space as we have actively participated and supported the growth and evolution of the digital evolution since our involvement in 2020. We have always supported our artist’s ventures into this new medium; whether they have enlisted our assistance or not, we have supported NFTs as an opportunity to expand their personal messaging. To us, the digital space provides a safe platform for artists to express themselves and further drive their missions. We see incredible opportunities to continue building community and financial support for this industry by legitimizing and normalizing it to the traditional art world.

My apologies. I couldn’t upload a PDF. Here is the text, updated. Please let me know if there are any other questions or wants. Adam.

Space Race Season 3

0°N, 180°W / TransMedia Fox

Adam Grimm / [email protected]

Currently just myself. Though in discussion with Eoin, a current MakersPlace artist, to join.

tfershi

I’m a transitioning Explosive Ordnance Disposal (Bomb Squad) from the USAF. After years of exploring the world, and seeing some of its worst, I’m dedicating the rest of my life to capturing beauty and wonder through a lens. A lover of light and presentation, I’m currently designing innovative ways to enhance the availability and styles of displaying photography. I’ve studied film photography at Arizona State University and digital photography at SCAD in Savannah, GA. I have earned my Certified Professional Photographer title with the Professional Photographers of America. My recently established business, TransMedia Fox LLC, is the focal point for my vision of brining fine art photography to more lives using traditional and future forward technology. Along with landscapes, I specialize in portrait work. I’m currently working a meta/AR platform for presentations also. Though, you’ll still find me exploring nature and hunting for the perfect sunrise many days.

1. IG @Transmedia.Fox /Website in works.

Current Links at: www.linktr.ee/transmediafox

Discord: also established as a tech/art conglomerate: https:// discord.gg/yfz49tXt6M

TRANSMEDIA FOX

I’ll focus on art created from the Pacific Islands. I’ve traveled to Papua New Guinea, Guam, Wake Isle, and I live in Hawai’i. I have the ability to reach into American Samoa and the Philippines. I’ll be working on establishing connections into other areas. This part of the world is diverse and under represented. Plus, many communities are poor or beyond poor. I feel being able to bring an outlet for traditional and modern art from the Pacific will help bolster support, knowledge, and respect for this part of the world. Hopefully, while helping communities. This will be a focal point for some of areas/artists. I’m also building an AR presentation platform that I can use for local shows for artists to show in the community, or possible host shows for travelers. The idea is to have a physical show with AR enhancements or have some of the NFT pieces display as AR only if needed.

I’m a photographer with 20+ years of shooting experience. I studied at ASU and SCAD and am currently at the University of Hawaii. Art, with all things in the Pacific, is run by who you know. I’m hoping to leverage SuperRare’s platform to overcome the political barriers many island based artists face.

I’ve had my own photography business since 2017. I recently tore it down and created a new one with a new focus (TransMedia Fox), commercial photography and NFT/AR/ meta immersion capabilities. I’ll be honest, It’s a new platform and I’m still launching. I have work displayed in hotels and a top of the line hair salon in Honolulu. The owner there loves art movements and I plan on installing digital displays to promote the NFTs there also. I have several alumni connections from SCAD through the Hawaiian islands who’s works could be included, as well as helping to network for other artists and venues. I have also recently connected with several well known local (Hawaii) PR reps that I’ll be utilizing to help push a local NFT craze. There are a lot of potential buyers and artists, as well as travelers, into the Pacific. I just need to complete a small network of locations to utilize.

I know several photographers who’s works would be perfect for this platform. It’s my comfort zone and where I can expand the easiest. I have a professional relationship with a few of them from working here. I’ll be scouting other type of artists including illustrators, graphic artists, and painters instantly though. I’ll be looking at making some of the traditional sculpture and items into 3D NFTs also.

Tech runs slow in the Pacific in many areas, thats my motivation for the Space Race. But I’ll be researching.

I should be able to launch a photography exhibition with 3-5 artists within 3 months. I’ll be looking to add other medias though so it’s not solely photography. Again, it’s my easiest guarantee to start with.

I’m planning on starting with 2 sections. One for more established and popular artists and then an up and coming section. However, they will be displayed intermixed to allow the popularity of the established help to foster the younger. But some priorities will be giving to the established ones to ensure the value of the opportunity for them also.

Initial plan is 5% Super Rare, and 20-12% for my team. There will be a reduced commission for established artists who are able to contribute in volume. My numbers are flexible, as I don’t fully know the costs that will be involved with the space. However, my goal in any venture is to make sure all parties walk away happy from a transaction and motivated to do it again. Happy artists perform better and are easier to manage, as is a happy management team, and collectors. I’ll be striving for the proper balance until I find it.

I’m an old photog who loves “toys”. I used to operate and teach high end imagery, equipment, and robotics in the bomb squad. The newer generations are moving to the web and videogames over television and movies. The latter is outdated and saturated in marketing and politics. NFTs give a direct path for a creator and consumer to interact. It is the future. There is no question. How the details work out is unknown, but NFTs are here for a long time. I predicted the Twitch gaming NFT platform a few months ago. Being able to sell epic moments in gaming. Clearly a billion dollar idea. But, I know art. I love art. And I want to move my passion into the future for creators and collectors.

I make a Pacific version of a Gin and Tonic. About 65% Italian soda, 25% Gin-top self of choice, and about 10% lime juice. I think that will my gallery staple. It’s classic, adaptive, has a twist of newness and uncertainty, but ultimately is delicious on a warm tropical night and makes you want more.

I just want to say thank you for reading my proposal. Getting photography and art into the Web3 space is a huge passion of mine and I’ve been researching all aspects for the past year. I’m still growing and learning this space, but I’m well versed in making things work with varying resources and timelines. I have a robust history of team building, I have managed multi million dollar accounts, and held a Top Secret Clearance. I’m capable and reliable. But mostly I’m just excited to build a system that allows me to support and grow art and artists.

Cordially,

Adam Grimm, CPP

Space name / team name:

Universe beings

Maria / [email protected]

SuperRare username(s) of everyone involved with your Space:

Mark_universebeings – product manager. PhD
Vlad_universebeings – Al engineer
Ann_universeneings – marketing manager
Auake – blockchain developers TL

Universe beings team is built on a collaboration of art and technology professionals.

Maria - founder, curator
Masha holds an MA in Curatorial Studies from Bard College (New York, 2019)

Professional experience:

Co-founder at White Lines - https://wl-art.com/ - online contemporary art gallery

Head at Interval Art http://interval-art.com/ - charity project for artists promotion

Ann_universeneings – curator, marketing manager

Nadya – smm manager
Vasilisa – operational manager
Ksenia – graphic designer

Web - https://universebeings.com/
Instagram - universebeings
Twitter - universebeings
Telegram - universebeings

Summary/manifesto of your Space (~500 words). What is your unique value prop / elevator pitch? What type of art will you focus on? How will your Space stand out among the crowd?

Let’s imagine that there is intelligent life in distant galaxies. If it is built as a community, then they have their own news, memes and aesthetic ideals. They live on their planet according to the same physical laws as we do, but the development of their civilization could have gone in a completely different way … Which way do you think? What do these creatures look like? What do they feel?
We invite creators and inventors in the digital sphere to think outside the box and limit yourself only with the laws of physics and reflect on inventing new forms of life. We want you to submit one of your works, whether old or new, that shows beings in the universe who live far away from humans. It is important that the work is done digitally!
After sending the application, all works will be reviewed by the curators, who will determine the further participants in the project. With the selected creators, a collection of NFT tokens "Universe beings’’ will be created. It will be released for sale in June. After the sale of the collection, we will accompany the artists on the platform for the necessary navigation for several months. This is a great chance to start navigating a new promising space, accompanied by professionals ans earn Ethereum.

We participate in Blazar art fair, Third place art fair, regullary promote and sell art works online & offline.

Describe you/your team’s experience organizing exhibitions, making art sales, running auctions, networking with collectors, etc:

For the last 5 year we held exhibitions at different venues - from classic museums spaces to abandoned factories.

https://wl-art.com/events - White lines gallery special projects

http://interval-art.com/vanishingpoints Vanishing points @ Myth Galery

http://interval-art.com/makabre_loop maK?aBre_Loop @ MISP museum

http://interval-art.com/smirisipoi Calm down and sing @ Anna Nova gallery

http://interval-art.com/waterunderthebridge - Water under the bridge @ MISP museum

& more.

Are there new artists you’d like to bring into your Space in the first six months? What is your relationship to them?

We hold an open call among all interested artists, analyze the quality of work and select several to participate in the experiment of interaction between humans and artificial intelligence in order to create a collection of 10,000 characters of extraterrestrial beings

Are there any artists already in the CryptoArt space that you are planning to work with? Have they committed to participating yet?

We attract digital artists with no experience in integration and promotion in crypto art, in order to help them expand the boundaries and depths of professional activity and artistic practice

In June

Please provide any additional details about how you plan to operate this Space; e.g. cadence of releases, auction strategy, number of artworks, other ideas for promoting your art and artists, etc.

1.     Open call – till 8 of May

2.     Curators research – till 20 May

3.     Artists and AI collaboration – till 20 June

4.     Official release – till 30 June

Artists – 50%
Team – 50%

Secondary sales:

Artist – 10%
Collector – 90%

World are just steps away from the digital revolution, where NFT`s take fundamental role. Web3 is gaining momentum, the best minds in the world are focused on everyday improvements and we go along with them. we hope the metaverses will be filled with love, kindness, joy and peace.

Apple celery smoothie. We love freshness.

1 Like
    Decentral Art Pavilion

[email protected]

1. Names of additional Space admins:

Florencia Brück
Javier Krasuk
Diego Lijtmaer
Nassib Ghannam
Ariana Grava

1. SuperRare username(s) of everyone involved with your Space:

@florenciaBrück
@Javier_Krasuk
ariannagrava
thecollective

1. Short bio of you and/or your team:
    Decentral Art Pavilion is a for profit, privately owned technology and art collective that aims to educate, engage and enthrall the aficionado, the collector, the art institutions and the public at large. In this fast-evolving creative dominion of NFTs , through the curation of international exhibitions, that showcase artists that are transcending between the world of traditional art to the NFT space and vice versa.

2. Website & Social Media Links:
    dartpavilion - Twitter
    decentralartpavilion - Instagram
    decentralartpavilion.io
    Decentralartpavilion - discord

3. Summary/manifesto of your Space (~500 words). What is your unique value prop / elevator pitch? What type of art will you focus on? How will your Space stand out among the crowd?

We are a real world international art exhibition, showcasing international artists that use NFT’s as a medium. Our mission is to bridge the gap between the NFT and mainstream space by speaking the language of traditional art while promoting the pioneers of digital arts.

All individuals that take part in our space have a place in our physical exhibition that is currently at the Palazzo Giustinian Lolin in the heart of Venice in parallel to the Venice Biennale. We are a group of seasoned artists, curators and collectors that are at the forefront of physical exhibitions in the NFT world creating immersive experiences allowing individuals to feel the work in an unprecedented form .

Florencia Brück:

Florencia has exhibited works and participated in art festivals in locations including

– “REPLICATION”, Kesselhaus Linden, Hannover, DE

– “THE_SPACE_WE_LIVE_IN, ARCHE- Architecture of the Universe, Feedback_Society”, Venice Architecture Biennale, GAD Giudecca Art District, Venice, IT

– “Santi Quaranta” in collaboration with Isorropia Homegallery, Chiesa di San Vittore e 40 Martiri, Milano, IT.

– “OUT-OF-BODY” Kunsthalle Faust, Hannover, DE.

– “FAR FROM HOME” Venice Art Biennial, Pavilion 02, Venice, IT

– “TENSION AND INTERLUDE” Solo show, Giudecca Art District Gallery, Venice, IT

– “DISPLACEMENT”, Palazzo Zenobio, Venice, IT

– “BAI Fellows”, Berlin, DE

– “Art Spring”, Berlin, DE

– Evita Museum (art work in permanent collection), Buenos Aires, Argentina

– “Estilo Pilar Fair”, Buenos Aires, ARG

– “Experiments in Light, Color, Sound, Cinematic and Space”, FOA, Site Specific Art Installation, Buenos Aires, ARG

– “Reflexiones sobre la contemporaneidad desde el arte Latinoamericano”, Exposición Plástica, Espacio Cultural Donceles 66, Centro Histórico de la Ciudad de México, MEX

– “International Houston Fine Art Fair”, Houston, USA

– Centro Cultural Borges, “Mirá Festival de Arte”, Buenos Aires, ARG

– Casa de la Cultura de Tlalpan, Mexico City, MEX

– Facultad De Derecho, Universidad de Buenos Aires, ARG

– Espacio Cultural Donceles 66, Mexico City 2014

– Club San Isidro, Buenos Aires, ARG

– Imaginario Galeria de Arte, Buenos Aires, ARG

– La Recova de Posadas, Buenos Aires ARG

– Pilar a cielo abierto, ARG

– Exposición Colectiva, Foto Club Buenos Aires, ARG

ARIANNA GRAVA

Born in Italy and graduated in Art Management from the Catholic University of Milan and a Master’s degree in Arts & Heritage Management from Bocconi University, Arianna is focused on Italian Post-War and Contemporary art.

She has contributed to the realization of numerous art projects with Italian and foreign artists dealing with the organization, fundraising and curating: “Sudden Time” by Chiara Dynys at Villa Panza Varese, ”A Portrait of Everyone, Everywhere" personal exhibition by Daniele Sigalot at Milan Malpensa Airport, Beware by Nicola Evangelisti, BlueShores by Federico Garibaldi at Unicredit Pavilion in Milan, collective exhibition of Settimo Benedusi, Marco Lodola and Gian Piero Gasparini at the National Archaeological Museum Ex Mercato dei Bozzoli of Mantova, “De Oraculis Novis” personal exhibition by Marco Mendeni, “Art, Women and Society” personal exhibition by Barbara Colombo and Eleonora Pozzi at the Pietro Rossini Art Foundation, “Intima” and “3” personal exhibition by Francesco Bertola at Etra Studio Tommasi in Florence, and numerous group exhibitions of Italian and foreign artists at private companies such as banks ( Credit Suisse, Unicredit, Azimut SIM SpA) and companies (Swiss Center of Milan, Laura Meroni Design Collection, Boscolo Hotel, Magna Pars Hotel, Nhow Hotel, Luxury Living, and Zanaboni Collection etc…). Arianna interviewed numerous Italian contemporary artists and has participated on several occasions as a speaker for conferences: 2021 Triennale Museum in Milan (the code of beauty); 2021 Istituto Marangoni (Art & Artificial Intelligence); 2018 Arte Fiera Bologna (The balance in art, from the De Stiji movement to contemporary art ); 2017 La Statale University of Milan (Creativity and Artificial Intelligence); 2016 Milan Design Week, Tortona District (the thin line that between art and design).

Javier Krasuk

Javier Krasuk is a contemporary abstract artist. His work is known for his dynamics in painting based in form and color. The synergy between fast curves and geometrical perception in large format pieces triggers an emotional character to his art portraying the unmistakable signature of his work

Javier Krasuk was borne in Buenos Aires Argentina in 1966. He studied Architecture at the University of Buenos Aires where he received his first Masters of Architecture in 1990. He moved to Washington DC and received a Masters of Arts and Sciences in Architecture from Virginia Tech (USA) in 1992. He currently lives in Washington DC, Buenos Aires, and Milan

Relevant Achievements

International Silver medal of Architecture – Bienal of Architecture BA/85 by Arch. Mario Botta, Arch. Richard Meier, Arch. Kisho Kurokawa and Arch, Cesar Pelli; National Building Museum, Washington DC, USA – exhibit “WIA project” 93’; Smithsonian Institution – exhibit “WIA project” 94’; Top 20 Beatport’s Chart – Prize – “Dosis Album” 2014; Top 5 Mixcloud Chart – Prize – “CNTRL live Mix” – 2015; Palazzo Zenobio, Venice, Italy – Exhibit – 2016; ADE Netherlands – “Kinetics Album” ADE essentials 2016; Berlin Art Week, BAI, Berlin, Germany – Exhibit 2018; Palazzo Zenobio, Venice, Italy – Exhibit 2018. Pre-Biennale Arte 2019 Solo show exhibit at the GAD Gallery, March 2019, Pavillion 02 “FFH” co-autor with Florencia Bruck and Harro Schmidt, Biennale Arte 2019 collateral event, – 2020, Pavilion O2 Hanover, Germany.

1. Describe you/your team’s experience organizing exhibitions, making art sales, running auctions, networking with collectors, etc:

Among many other traditional art curations, Singularity” is a deep-dive into decentralized art, aiming to educate, engage and enthrall the aficionado, the collector, and the public at large; in such a fast-evolving creative dominion it is crucial to foster a dialogue around NFTs and their impact on mainstream art, in order to develop a wider public understanding and appreciation of decentralized technologies. This engaging and lucid exhibition is the first anthological presentation of world-acclaimed NFT artworks, casting light on the spectacular culture around the NFT community, while fostering artistic experiences that determine the social significance of digitization for future generations. Curated by Florencia Brück, Javier Krasuk, and Ariana Grava.

The strength of Decentral Art Pavilion is that we sell directly to the art museums, private collections and institutions, we provide assistance in onboarding collectors into the blockchain space from creation of wallets to security best practices.

1. Are there new artists you’d like to bring into your Space in the first six months? What is your relationship to them?
  • Fabio Giampietro
  • Paolo Regis
  • Alberto Maria Colombo
  • Andrea Boncaceto
  • Federico Garibaldi
  • Francesco Bertola
  • Danilo Falá
  • Giuseppe Veneziano
  • Aaron Penne

The artist list stated above are part of our physical exhibition and have committed to be part of our SuperRare Space.

1. Are there any artists already in the CryptoArt space that you are planning to work with? Have they committed to participating yet?

The following list of artists are already been onboarded on SuperRare and have committed to participating.

• Jesse Draxler
  • Luis Ponce
  • Federica Belli
  • Valentina Picozzi
  • Rizacan Kumas
  • Emmanuel Ferrari
  • Cristina De Middel
  • Andy Feltman
  • Dominika Cuda
  • John Knopf
  • Karen Jerzyk
  • Leyla Emektar
  • Max Vadakul
  • Robert Alice
  • Robert F. Hammerstiel
  • ScotchTape
  • Aaron Penne
  1. If selected, how soon could you launch your first exhibition?
    If selected we can launch our exhibition within 3 days.

2. Please provide any additional details about how you plan to operate this Space; e.g. cadence of releases, auction strategy, number of artworks, other ideas for promoting your art and artists, etc.

We plan to create additions in parallel to our physical exhibitions hosted around the globe. We are going to onboard artist in each city, and create a catalog and we are going to invite mainstream curators when we have themed weekends regarding specific sectors in the art space.

We plan to charge a 10% commission for our services of exhibiting the artworks in our spaces and at our physical exhibitions. We will be promoting artists through our channels and at several physical events we host.

2. To you, what is the importance of NFTs as a medium/technology? Where do you see the NFT and CryptoArt space in five years?
    The importance of NFT’s to us is the revolutionary nature that it has provided to digital artists that previously did not have true ownership of their works. NFT’s allow digital artists to push their works on a global scale.

In five years, people will view CryptoArt as art and not use the term NFT’s as they will be very common. This evolution will occur as adoption increases and technology advances in the coming years.

1. If your Space were a cocktail or a dish, what would it be and why?

We are a large macchiato with 4 shots of espresso, because of the fast paced environment that we operate in. We set up exhibitions at a rapid pace, while planning for the next exhibitions, the quality we provide is unprecedented.

17.Anything else you’d like the community to know/consider.

Decentral Art Pavilion is not just an exhibition, it is an artistic cultural movement to propel traditional artists into the NFT space. We collaborate with a number of universities to research the digital art space in an effort to push the understanding of individuals. We study how this social movement is changing the creative process in partnership with leading universities.

Fellowship

Alejandro Cartagena ([email protected])

Christopher McCall
Chadwick Tyler
Fernando Gallegos
Frederic Arnal
Studio137

4. SuperRare username(s) of everyone involved with your Space:
@studio137v
@halecar2
thechrismccall
chadwicktyler
gallegosfer
louisealexander
jamesgilbert

Core Team

Alejandro Cartagena
An award winning photographer and publisher. Creator of Carpoolers which was one of the breakout successes of the NFT space. Also a co-founder of Obscura, the photographic commissions platform, the RAWDAO and Untitled DAO.

Christopher McCall
Founding Director at Pier 24 Photography, the largest exhibition space in the world dedicated solely to photography. Since 2008, Chris has helped build a collection of over 5,000 iconic photographs and hosted numerous critically acclaimed exhibitions which included works by renowned photographers such as Diane Arbus, Richard Avedon, Zanele Muholi, Hiroshi Sugimoto, Henry Wessel, and Hank Willis Thomas.

Chadwick Tyler
Photographer and creator of the successful NFT photography collection God’s People. Chadwick has significant experience and connections in the fashion and editorial space.

Frederic Arnal
Founding Director at Louise Alexander Gallery, launching and developing careers of key artists as well as exclusive representatives of the Guy Bourdin Estate.

Fernando Gallegos
Curator, editor and artist specialising in photography. He has a MVA and has worked extensively in web3 and NFTs to build a theoretical and conceptual understanding of this new era for the photographic medium.

James Gilbert
A serial entrepreneur and investor who has co-founded 6 technology companies; one of which recently raised $210M in funding. James is passionate about crypto, art and photography.

Studio137
A serial entrepreneur that has founded, acquired and sold tech businesses employing thousands of people. Also a major philanthropist, avid art collector and owner of one of the most valuable NFT photography and generative art collections, Studio137.

Advisory Board

Cooper Ray
He is the first photographer to deploy a custom smart contract via manifold.xyz for his genesis collection, and an evangelist of creator sovereignty and artist education. Cooper is a founding artist of RAW DAO and co-founder of The Untitled DAO.

Darius Himes
In his capacity as International Head of Photographs at Christie’s, Darius oversees a global team in three locations producing auctions, exhibitions and catalogues. Previously, Himes was director of Fraenkel Gallery, San Francisco.

Paula Ely
Vice President of the Board at PAC LA and avid collector of fine-art photography with an emphasis on art from Latin America.

Web (new site coming soon)
Twitter
Discord

Our vision is to celebrate and empower photographers of the past, present and future.

Our first exhibition will be the 137 Collection, bringing the biggest names in photography to the blockchain. We hope this will help turn the spotlight on photography and benefit the entire ecosystem with a flood of new collectors, paving the way for the next generation of photographers.

Volume One, launching in the summer, will contain over 500 images from 10 iconic photographers: Gregory Crewdson, Guy Bourdin, Hank Willis Thomas, Joel Meyerowitz, Joel Sternfeld, Katy Grannan, László Moholy-Nagy, Mitch Epstein, Petra Collins and Roger Ballen.

As well as bringing the best, we want to help build the next generation of photographers on the blockchain. We are committing a significant proportion of our fees to the Fellowship Futures Fund to collect, provide grants, support and awards to artists with a focus on diversity and inclusion, ensuring the next generation of photographers emphasises on diversity. The FF will be structured so that collectors and the broader community will have a say in shaping the future of photography.

The Fellowship team has curated and promoted contemporary photography with a holistic view of the medium. We see photography in NFTs as a boiling pot in which the history of the medium and its different genres can be combined and seen with new light in order to attract audiences that have never thought of photography as art or as a collectable object.

Christopher McCall is our lead curator and has helped Pier24 Photography build one of the finest collections of photography in the world, acquiring over 5,000 photographs across the past 14 years. Learn more about his approach to curation here. In 2019 McCall founded Parallax, an agency focusing on fine art photography — artists under representation include Katy Grannan, Todd Hido, Larry Sultan Estate, Deanna Templeton, Ed Templeton, and Studio Henry Wessel. Parallax placed 40 photographs by Ed Templeton and 41 photographs by Deanna Templeton into the permanent collection of the New York Museum of Modern Art, in 2021.

Fred Arnal is the founding director of Louise Alexander Gallery, developing a preeminent program representing a multifaceted group of internationally acknowledged contemporary artists. One of the most recent (re) discoveries by the gallery was Rick Lowe, who went on to work with Gagosian, is currently exhibited at the Whitney Biennial and has seen numerous museum acquisitions in the past few years.

Darius Himes, in his capacity as International Head of Photographs at Christie’s and previously as a director of Fraenkel Gallery, has curated a large number of auctions, exhibitions and catalogues.

Alejandro Cartagena co-founded both Fellowship and Obscura, two of the major photographic organisations working in the NFT space today. Centred on artist autonomy and artistic excellence, Alejandro has led successful programs in both organisations that have supported more than 200 artists to date including Reuben Wu, Cristina De Middel, Alec Soth, Todd Hido, Deanna Templeton, Jim Goldberg, Hannah Wittaker.

9. Describe you/your team’s experience organizing exhibitions, making art sales, running auctions, networking with collectors, etc.

Christopher McCall has led over 11 major exhibitions at Pier24’s 28,000 sq ft space dedicated to photography. His exhibitions have been shown at the High Museum, Aperture, Bombas Gens Centre d’Art, and Les Rencontres d’Arles.He has also negotiated innumerable acquisition of photography, publishing partnerships, institutional collaborations, and artists commissions. He also advises numerous photography collectors through his company Parallax.

Darius Himes has curated some of the most significant photography auctions in history in his capacity at Christie’s.

Frederic Arnal has collected and sold in excess of $40m+ of art at the gallery he founded, Louise Alexander.

10. Are there new artists you’d like to bring into your Space in the first six months? What is your relationship to them?

We have already agreed terms to launch the following collections (approx. 500 images in total) either directly with the artists or through their representatives. In addition to the 10 artists listed below we also have a pipeline of more than a dozen artists (50% women) that we expect to bring into our space within the next 6 months.

Gregory Crewdson, An Eclipse of Moths

Gregory Crewdson (b. 1962, Brooklyn, New York) is renowned for his merging of photography and cinema in his large-scale works. In utilizing strategies seen more often in film production, Crewdson conducts his photographs by taking the role of director, and employs large production crews and elaborate lighting to stage narratives with eerie and lonesome scenes of domesticity and life in small-town America.

Crewdson’s influential work has been collected by numerous museums, including Museum of Modern Art, the Metropolitan Museum of Art, the Whitney Museum of American Art, the Los Angeles County Museum of Art, and the San Francisco Museum of Modern Art, among others. The photographer’s work, ambitious in scale and scope, greatly influenced new generations of photographers who have continued examinations in the role of production, theatricality, and narrative storytelling within the lineage of photographic history.

Gregory Crewdson, Cathedral of the Pines

Gregory Crewdson, Dreamhouse

Guy Bourdin, Estate Selection

Born in France in 1928, Guy Bourdin is best known for his highly experimental photography. Predominantly working in colour Bourdin was a key contributor to French Vogue from 1955 to end of the 80’s, pushing the boundaries of fashion photography, presenting bold, often provocative images with a unique contemporary aesthetic.

Shot in France in the 1950s Bourdin’s early experimental work bridges the gap between Surrealism and Subjective Photography, simultaneously drawing on the past while at the same time adopting current trends. The past in his case is the influence of surrealism which can be seen in the way in which Bourdin approaches still life and portraiture. This surrealist influence in his work is often attributed to his close relationship with Man Ray, who in 1952 wrote the catalogue forward for Bourdin’s first solo exhibition. Guy Bourdin’s career spanned more than forty years during which time he worked for the world’s leading fashion houses and magazines.

Hank Willis Thomas

Hank Willis Thomas (b. 1976, Plainfield, NJ; lives and works in Brooklyn, NY) is a conceptual artist working primarily with themes related to perspective, identity, commodity, media, and popular culture.

His work has been exhibited throughout the United States and abroad including the International Center of Photography, New York; Guggenheim Museum Bilbao, Spain; Musée du quai Branly, Paris; Hong Kong Arts Centre, Hong Kong, and the Witte de With Center for Contemporary Art, Netherlands.

Joel Meyerowitz, Cape Light

Joel Meyerowitz (born in New York, 1938) is an award-winning photographer whose work has appeared in over 350 exhibitions in museums and galleries around the world. Celebrated as a pioneer of color photography, he is a two-time Guggenheim Fellow, a recipient of The Royal Photographic Society’s Centenary Medal. He has published over 40 books.

Joel Sternfeld, New American Prospects

Joel Sternfeld is an artist-photographer whose work is concerned with utopic and dystopic possibilities of the American experience. Ever since the publication of his landmark study, American Prospects in 1987 his work has maintained conceptual and political aspects, while also being steeped in history, art history, landscape theory and attention to seasonal passage. It is a melancholic, spectacular, funny and profound portrait of America.

His work represents a melding of time and place that serves to elucidate, honor, and warn. The images hold a certain urgency, as their histories survive solely through their photographic representation— they are an archive for the future. Sternfeld is the recipient of two Guggenheim Fellowships and spent a year in Italy on a Rome Prize. He teaches at Sarah Lawrence College, where he holds the Noble Foundation Chair in Art and Cultural History.

Katy Grannan, Boulevard

Katy Grannan (b.1969, Arlington, Massachusetts) is a widely recognized photographer who acts in collaboration with strangers to produce spontaneously staged photographs of otherworldly and magical-realist qualities. Her work is known for exploring people on the margins of society, those who the artist describes as “anonymous people.” Grannon holds a MA from Harvard University, and received an MFA in Photography from Yale in 1999.

Grannon’s work was included in the 2004 Whitney Biennial, and is held in collections such as The Metropolitan Museum of Art, the Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum, and The Whitney Museum of Art, among others. In 2015, her work was subject to a solo exhibition at Fotografiemuseum Amsterdam (FOAM).

László Moholy-Nagy, Estate Selection of works 1924 - 1930

Lazlo Maholy-Nagy (1895-1946) was a Hungarian painter and photographer who left a legacy of radical experimental photographic practices, and who pioneered innovative new approaches to photographic art. Maholy-Nagy’s explorations within broader fields of typology, sculpture, writing, and design were deeply influential to the Bauhaus art movement, a German artistic philosophy that unified notions of aesthetic vision, mass production, and utilitarian function.

Maholy-Nagy’s photographic practice explored possibilities of “cameraless” photography, experimenting with photograms and the medium’s fundamental principles of light, time, transparency, and chemical processes. The photographer’s legacy within the traditions of photography have since been cemented as a leading Modernist whose work paved the way for Abstract Expressionism and later experiments in photographic materiality and construction that continue to proliferate to this day.

Maholy-Nagy’s work has been subject to numerous exhibitions at institutions such as the Guggenheim Museum, Art Institute of Chicago, and Los Angeles County Museum of Art.

Mitch Epstein, Recreation

Mitch Epstein (born 1952, Holyoke, Massachusetts) is a photographer who helped pioneer fine-art color photography in the 1970s. His photographs are in numerous major museum collections, including New York’s Museum of Modern Art, Metropolitan Museum of Art, and Whitney Museum of American Art; The J. Paul Getty Museum in Los Angeles; the San Francisco Museum of Modern Art; and the Tate Modern in London.

The photographs from Recreation, made in the seventies and eighties, offer a window into the breadth of Mitch Epstein’s career. They are highlights from a body of work that goes back forty years. In this early work, the mundane startles, while the extraordinary appears at perfect ease in the world. Teenage girls abandon a baby to fondle a snake; children sleep ass to the wind on a car in an open campground. These photographed rituals of boredom and excess, alienation and possibility, are a distillation of modern America.

Petra Collins, Baron

Petra Collins is a multi-talented artist and director whose photography set the stylistic tone for much of the 2010s. Shooting since the age of 15, her work is fueled by self-discovery and a contemporary femininity which explore the complex intersection of life as a young woman online and off. Collins weaves through the worlds of art, fashion, film, and music.

For the sixth edition of Baron, artist Petra Collins flips the camera lens onto herself… more specifically into herself. Uninhibited, gross, disjointed, and confusing, Collins places us in a world filled with perverse personal thoughts and lucid landscapes. “I’ve seen my camera take on many truths. And the truths that shocked me the most to see, were my own. I see them in every image I have taken. Seldom am I the subject of my images but I often make my way into the matter of them”. Acknowledging this, these photographs are set in a world of ‘constructed’ domestic interiors contrasted with ‘real’ exterior locations and Collins own family and friends. The sixth instalment of Baron introduces the art director Sandra Leko who has collaborated with Collin’s to present this new body of work in book form that is inspired by the graphics and layouts of Japanese Kinbaku magazines, the sequencing of the images are disjointed, ambiguous and represent its own peculiar logic.

Roger Ballen, Outland

One of the most influential and important photographic artists of the 21st century, Roger Ballen’s photographs span over forty years. His strange and extreme works confront the viewer and challenge them to come with him on a journey into their own minds as he explores the deeper recesses of his own.

Over the past thirty five years his distinctive style of photography has evolved using a simple square format in stark and beautiful black and white. In the earlier works in the exhibition his connection to the tradition of documentary photography is clear but through the 1990s he developed a style he describes as ‘documentary fiction’. After 2000 the people he first discovered and documented living on the margins of South African society increasingly became a cast of actors working with Ballen in the series’ Outland (2000, revised in 2015) and Shadow Chamber (2005) collaborating to create powerful psychodramas.

We are planning to commission work from photographers currently working in the NFT space as well as support emerging artists. Our first commission, Rescued (preview video here), is a first of its kind: a charitable, NFT-native photography project created specifically to raise funds for shelter dogs. 52 images with 100% of sales proceeds (after platform fee) to charity (Best Friends Animal Society).

We would like to launch our first exhibition immediately, June 2022.

13. Please provide any additional details about how you plan to operate this Space; e.g. cadence of releases, auction strategy, number of artworks, other ideas for promoting your art and artists, etc.

We intend to release 5 - 15 images per week and we have agreed to release 500+ images across the artists we are supporting. These artists typically sell physical editioned prints for between $20k - $100k but we will start auctions with comparatively low reserves to encourage bidding. We will also potentially accept direct offers on work.

We have an extensive marketing budget to promote the work, with activities including a podcast (co-hosted by Christopher McCall and Alejandro Cartagena) to interview our artists, several IRL events, working with major museums, traditional art collectors and influencers to acquire pieces, exhibiting in big art fairs such as Paris Photo etc. We believe this will help validate the medium of NFTs as a significant development in the creation and collection of art, bringing new investment capital into the space and benefiting the ecosystem.

• 80% for the artist / estate
  • 15% Fellowship Studio (our commercial arm)
  • 5% Fellowship Futures Fund (to support the next generation of photographers)

NFTs stand as a natural evolution to the medium of photography. In the last 30 years photography entered a questioning of its main place of circulation and nativeness. NFTs come into play to secure photography’s place in the internet as an original work of art in a digital form.

No other medium has been intrinsically linked to technology, or had as much experimentation with the web than photography. This amazing coincidence of photography and NFTs grants this lens based art the ability to flourish and experiment. The CryptoArt space is in its infancy and it is these foundational efforts done by SuperRare and organisations like Fellowship, that will create a new way to understand collecting and creating photography in the future.

Flame-kissed Paella, cooked over a wood-burning fire and shared with friends and family.

17. Anything else you’d like the community to know/consider?

Thank you for your consideration :slight_smile:

Space name / team name: Beyond Fragmentation

Name and email of primary contact: Natasha Chomko / [email protected]

Names of additional Space admins: Michelle Thompson / Lindsay Kokoska

SuperRare username(s) of everyone involved with your Space: LifewithArt, RebeccaRose, POSTWOOK, Anna Mc Naughty, Michelle Thompson

We are a group of female collage artists who specialize in analog and digital collage. We were bonded by an alliance and motivated by our like minded ethos, genre of art, and aspirations for the future of cryptoart. To further these aims, we regularly host spaces together, we run a collage community, and vocally advocate and educate others about collage art as a medium to elevate this artform in the space.

Among the 7 of us, we have worked for a variety of clients around the globe, spanning from Chase Bank, the New York Times, Apple, SKY, Penguin, Adobe, ELLE Canada, Alan Watts, The Walt Disney Co., The Royal Family of Morocco, Lightstorm Entertainment, Lucasfilm, NBC Universal, Conde Nast Traveller, and Vogue UK. Our varied backgrounds and skills span decades and generations of experience, dating back to 1995. Collectively, we have a deep understanding of collage art as a medium – we aim to expand the positive impact of collage art in the cryptoart space for artists and collectors alike.

Natasha Chomko(b. 1995) is a Los Angeles based digital artist mainly focused on surreal landscape collage art with refined visionary and psychedelic elements. Her style aims to be palatable for both the seasoned psychonaut and average Joe, and everyone in between.

Her work combines snippets of landscapes from all over the globe to demonstrate how interconnected we all truly are. As a lifelong collager, Natasha challenges perception of shapes, color, and texture to create entirely new universes out of pre-existing photos.

Natasha strongly believes in the future of digital art and decentralization. Her fascination with copyright and open sourced content drive her dialogue in the web3 space, and she is committed to asking challenging questions to bridge the gap between art and technology.

Select Clients: Adobe, Chase Bank, Club Med, Firestone Walker Brewing Company, Inverse, Rise Records, Sony, Toyota, Ultra Music.

Erin McGean is a collage artist and teacher from Toronto, Canada who joined the NFT in March 2021. Erin has been producing collage art for over 10 and her work has been featured in several exhibits and publications including ELLE Canada. Erin is a creator, collector, and community builder in the NFT space. Early involvement in Rug Radio has led Erin to hosting spaces to onboard and elevate artists.

Michelle has been working as an Illustrator and collage artist for the past 26 years. A graduate from The Royal College of Art, Michelle’s work combines found materials with painted, drawn and printed elements. Her work alludes to shared memory - cutting-up and re-assembling images from recent history, to reflect contemporary themes and popular culture. Clients include the New York Times, Apple, Sky, Channel Four.

Lindsay is a surreal, mixed media collage artist from Canada and has been creating for over 20 years. She studied at Toronto School of Art and has a masters degree in graphic design. Her work has been featured in Candy Floss Magazine, Art Business Review and Ball Pit Magazine. Lindsay has exhibited in Denmark, South Korea, Hong Kong, LA, NYC & UAE and has designed for clients including Souleye, Alan Watts and several sports and yoga wear brands, as well Lindsay has produced and published an oracle deck.

Rebecca is a collage hologram artist focused on bringing NFTs off flat devices screens and into irl as NFT holograms. She has spoken at NFT.NYC, NFTBZL, Modernism Museum, ASMP NY Craft in America, and is confirmed to speak on forthcoming panels at NFT.NYC. She is an artist in residence at The Joan Mitchell Center, Ox-Bow/SAIC, and has won grants co-sponsored by The Robert Rauschenberg Foundation, The Andy Warhol Foundation, The Joan Mitchell Foundation, The Andrew Mellon Foundation, The Willem de Kooning Foundation, The Ford Foundation, and Bloomberg Philanthropic. Rebecca holds a BFA from Northern Arizona University, cum laude. She has created analog collage since the mid 90s, digital collage since 1998, and sculptural collage since 2000 where her work exhibited globally in exhibitions at The Whitney Museum of American Art, The Museum fur Kunst und Gewerbe, and Art Basel Miami Beach among others.

https://twitter.com/postwook

https://twitter.com/rebeccarosenft

https://twitter.com/lifewithart_

https://twitter.com/mich_tom

https://twitter.com/InfiniteMantra

Summary/manifesto of your Space (~500 words). What is your unique value prop / elevator pitch? What type of art will you focus on? How will your Space stand out among the crowd?

“Collage is more than just an art style. Collage is all about bringing different elements together. Once you form a sensibility about connection, how different elements relate to each other, you deepen your understanding of yourself and others.” - Author: Bryan Collier

Collage is the foundation in the majority of digital art; 10k generative NFT projects utilize layers of artwork collaged onto one another as are most 1/1 works created in photoshop, procreate, etc that use layers. 3D artists use collage, whether by way of pre-made or hand-sculped assets before rendering their work. Out of all artistic approaches found in NFTs, collage is almost always present, yet formal collage is often overlooked.

Collage stems from remix culture, fragments of old to create new, and highly creative motifs. Although cryptoart and collage art stem from similar backgrounds, the coverage and acceptance of collage art has not been seen within the cryptoart community and we aim to change that. We aim to change that and bring forth a collective of incredibly dedicated collage artists who consistently produce arresting and captivating works.

Moreover, we recognize that collage is a highly globalized artform and that Ether often presents a highly intimidating entry point for most first-time crypto artists. We aim to onboard more of the global collage community onto Ethereum by organizing a space to highlight and positively impact them.

We want to create a profitless space to uplift artists – with SuperRare being the premiere ETH marketplace, we feel as though the SuperRare Space Race is the perfect place to highlight and onboard premiere collage artists onto Ethereum.

Erin and Linzy host a show via Rug Radio weekly on Thursday at 6 pm EST to discuss and highlight artists working in 2d mediums with a particular focus on collage and composite photography. Erin and Linzy met through the Clubhouse community as the ‘token Canadians’ and now feel like non-biological sisters.

Erin is currently working with a group of organizers in Toronto to host an IRL exhibit that features both physical and digital art from Canadian artists. More info about the exhibit can be found here.

Lindsay works as a project manager for an NFT project that has over 50 artists involved. I have experience organizing artist spotlights and promoting the artists via social media.

Describe you/your team’s experience organizing exhibitions, making art sales, running auctions, networking with collectors, etc:

We are lucky to have Rebecca on our team who is on multiple curatorial teams focused on uplifting and amplifying underrepresented artists’ work in exhibitions.

Here’s a link to her curatorial efforts.

Since joining the NFT space, Rebecca has helped curate over 25 irl and metaverse exhibitions helping over 500 artists show their work through Searchlight and NFTs.Tips, many of whom found their first collector as a result.

Rebecca curates and onboards new artists for MakersPlace and KnownOrigin, is on the board of trustees for Vizmesh decentralizing curation and web3 exhibitions, and is an upcoming Rug Radio host for a weekly show called “Curator’s Corner” that will inform artists of upcoming exhibition opportunities, open calls for grants, calls to artists, and will help artists write bios, artist statements, and cvs to ready their bodies of work and launch their careers

Are there new artists you’d like to bring into your Space in the first six months?

What is your relationship to them?

YES! We want to round up all the analog and digital collage artists in the space.

5 people for the first round:

Linzy InfiniteMantra

Kirsten McKenzie midnightmoonv

Jasmin aeonbloom1

Paper Buddha paperbuddha

Frank Moth Frank_Moth

Are there any artists already in the CryptoArt space that you are planning to work with? Have they committed to participating yet?

Not at the moment.

Immediately.

• Weekly Twitter spaces.
  • Calls for collage artists around specific themes.
  • Curated exhibits.
  • Fundraising exhibits.
  • Collage focused discord- House of Collage
  • HOUSE OF COLLAGE.
  • College art challenges/ Prompts on Twitter.

We would like to keep the full proceeds towards the artist. We are all passionate about collage and feel fulfilled by bringing this medium to as many eyes as possible.

NFTs intersect art and technology – for years artists have been relying on centralized systems (read: Instagram) to timekeep and display their art. There were no smart contracts, no transparent and immutable transactions to be watched through block explorers, and no truly native ways to display digital art. NFTs changed that. By attaching something to a block via decentralized storage, we’re open to an entirely new realm of possibilities. Smart contracts, metadata, and blockchain will revolutionize cryptoart as we know it. Custom smart contracts will bring us closer to self sovereignty. Changing metadata can and will revolutionize the way we see (literally) NFTs. Being able to gamify drops presents a new avenue for artists and collectors to play with artwork; refreshing files as they wane in quality, and being able to have true sovereignty over our data is going to rock the art world.

At the bare minimum and with an elementary understanding of blockchain technology, an NFT can accurately timekeep a piece of information with an image attached in the case of art. We no longer need to point to the dates we’ve posted a piece of art to verify ownership, the blockchain records everything for us. Collectors can buy and sell these pieces transparently, and everyone else can actually watch what’s happening from the sidelines.

Hopefully in the next five years we see more standardization of smart contracts, increased access and understanding of cryptocurrency and blockchain technology among artists, and more access to a global array of artists and collectors who would normally be excluded from the fine art world.

We believe the word ‘NFT’ will become obsolete and people will refer to it as art; we think fiat to crypto on/off ramps will be seamless and widely accepted, if crypto wallets are not easily useful in day-to-day life. Everyone will have better access to, or at least have seen, a high quality digital screen to display NFTs. Mass adoption might still be far off, but we will see increased accessibility of goods and information over the next five years. In our opinion, cryptoart is revolutionary for art and opens the doors for endless innovation.

Cosmopolitan: Our collections and styles of collage as a whole embody both vintage and modern vibes.

Erin and Linzy run weekly twitter spaces for Rug Radio.

Michelle runs HOUSE OF COLLAGE twitter and discord which helps to support collage artists.

1 Like

1.Space name / team name:
Generative Gallery

2.Name and email of primary contact:

Anna Smirnova, [email protected]

3.Names of additional Space admins:

Ivan Nefedkin, [email protected]

4.SuperRare username(s) of everyone involved with your Space:

annbnn, nefedkin

5.Short bio of you and/or your team:

Generative Gallery is a live audio-visual project driven by the global art community collaboration. Among its many formats are offline exhibitions, online special projects, NFT-integrations, public talks delivered by artists and explorers of digital art. Generative Gallery offers various spaces that serve as a perfect meeting point for the audience, providing a unique opportunity for digital art to go offline while allowing the viewer to experience interaction with technological art.

Our teaser: Generative Gallery project teaser on Vimeo

Ivan Nefedkin

Founder of the international studio Radugadesign and the Generative Gallery project. Ivan holds more than 15 years of work implementing large multimedia projects, participating in light and media art festivals both as an artist and as a curator. Ivan is an environmental designer, a graduate of the RMA art management school and MBA courses.

Anna Smirnova

Creative producer of the Generative Gallery project and Radugadesign studio. Anna is a curator and art historian majoring in visual and media arts, an art manager with more than 8 years of experience. Participant of specialized public talks and round tables on the topic of NFT and media art.

6.Website & Social Media Links:

Site: https://generativegallery.com

Instagram: Login • Instagram

Facebook: Generative Gallery

Twitter: https://twitter.com/GenerativeGall

Vimeo: Generative Gallery - Art Director, Art Producer & Artist

1. Summary/manifesto of your Space (~500 words). What is your unique value prop / elevator pitch? What type of art will you focus on? How will your Space stand out among the crowd?

Generative Gallery’s main feature is an expertise in digital and new media art with 15 years of experience. The project was founded in 2018 and since its early years it was focused on performing digital art outside of the screens of personal devices and creating the opportunity for digital art to go offline. In our projects we create the unique digital art experience at the intersection of online and offline realities. In the Spaces we are planning to present our offline exhibitions creating its virtual embodiment.

8.Describe you/your team’s experience curating and promoting artwork:

9.Describe you/your team’s experience organizing exhibitions, making art sales, running auctions, networking with collectors, etc:

Recent Generative Gallery exhibitions was accompanied by Phygital NFT drops, allowing the visitors to collect part of the exhibition in physical form and to get the NFT along with physical artwork.

Here they are:

.dreams immersive experience with 7 international artists and special NFT showcase. The exhibition was accompanied by phygital NFT drop.

Megalopolis public digital art exhibition with 22 digital artists from all over the world on the largest media screen in Moscow.

Revival of Aesthetics by Orkhan Mammadov – AI generated immersive exhibition with the special NFT drop with Infinity Objects frames, Sero TV digital canvases and unique New Media Installation.

We would like to invite to our Space the artists participating in our upcoming projects.

The closest exhibition will be launched on May, 26 2022 in Ramat Gan Museum Israel so we would love to showcase it at our Space on SuperRare.

The artists participating in the next exhibition are:

Artem Tkach

https://twitter.com/tkach_tem

Dmitry Zakharov

https://twitter.com/Zakharov_Art

F3.Studio

David Ariew

https://twitter.com/DavidAriew

Smaslom

https://twitter.com/s_maslom_

Victor Abramovskiy

Artur Gadzhiev

https://twitter.com/art_gadzhiev

Alexander Abramov

https://twitter.com/abramovideo

Oleg Chomp

https://twitter.com/oleg__chomp

Benedict

Ruslan Vyaltsev

https://twitter.com/rvyaltsevvvvv

Stain

arthew0

https://twitter.com/alexey_roudenko

Aizek

https://twitter.com/AizekLive

Roman Bobkov

https://twitter.com/liccibeam

Baron Lanteigne

https://twitter.com/baronlanteigne

Metsa

https://twitter.com/madebymetsa

Orkhan Mammadov

https://twitter.com/orkhan_art

Neoliptus

https://twitter.com/NEOLIPTUS

Gabriel Masewich

11.Are there any artists already in the CryptoArt space that you are planning to work with? Have they committed to participating yet?

No

We are ready to launch our exhibition by the end of May 2022.

We want to connect our Space releases with our offline exhibition schedule. It means that once a 1,5 month approximately our space will be updated with the new artworks. At our future Space we will be experimenting with the strategy of the sales and auctions, so some of the releases will consists of many artworks of different artists, others will include just 1 artwork of 1 artist. We are going to keep our Space fresh and balanced. All the releases will have a theme and conception.

20-30% from sale in favor of Generative Gallery team

For us NFT is a breakthrough technology of digital art sales that was awaited. For the past year, since 2021 popularity, the potential of this technology just starts to unveil in different directions. Generative Gallery team is eager not only to watch and use new NFT mechanics but also would love to participate in the creation and comprehension of the new ones.

For Generative Gallery NFT is a professional instrument of digital art market that helps many of its subjects such as artists, curators, galleries, art advisors and many others.

And Spaces is a step into straightening and development of digital art market. Potentially Space is a project that can combine online and offline NFT mechanics to fulfil each other.

Our space will definitely be a cocktail that can help one to relax and enjoy something beautiful and impressive. The base of the cocktail is something from the classical recipes with vodka, but the taste is quite new, refreshing. It surprises by combination of contradictory flavors that in the end leave a pleasing aftertaste.

Space name / team name:

Universe beings

Maria / [email protected]

SuperRare username(s) of everyone involved with your Space:

Ann_universeneings – marketing manager

Universe beings team is built on a collaboration of art and technology professionals.

Maria - founder, curator
Masha holds an MA in Curatorial Studies from Bard College (New York, 2019)

Professional experience:

Co-founder at White Lines - https://wl-art.com/ - online contemporary art gallery

Head at Interval Art http://interval-art.com/ - charity project for artists promotion

Ann_universeneings – curator, marketing manager

Nadya – smm manager
Vasilisa – operational manager
Ksenia – graphic designer

Web - https://universebeings.com/
Instagram - universebeings
Twitter - universebeings
Telegram - universebeings

Let’s imagine that there is intelligent life in distant galaxies. If it is built as a community, then they have their own news, memes and aesthetic ideals. They live on their planet according to the same physical laws as we do, but the development of their civilization could have gone in a completely different way … Which way do you think? What do these creatures look like? What do they feel?
We invite creators and inventors in the digital sphere to think outside the box and limit yourself only with the laws of physics and reflect on inventing new forms of life. We want you to submit one of your works, whether old or new, that shows beings in the universe who live far away from humans. It is important that the work is done digitally!
After sending the application, all works will be reviewed by the curators, who will determine the further participants in the project. With the selected creators, a collection of NFT tokens "Universe beings’’ will be created. It will be released for sale in June. After the sale of the collection, we will accompany the artists on the platform for the necessary navigation for several months. This is a great chance to start navigating a new promising space, accompanied by professionals ans earn Ethereum.

We participate in Blazar art fair, Third place art fair, regullary promote and sell art works online & offline.

For the last 5 year we held exhibitions at different venues - from classic museums spaces to abandoned factories.

https://wl-art.com/events - White lines gallery special projects

http://interval-art.com/vanishingpoints Vanishing points @ Myth Galery

http://interval-art.com/makabre_loop maK?aBre_Loop @ MISP museum

http://interval-art.com/smirisipoi Calm down and sing @ Anna Nova gallery

http://interval-art.com/waterunderthebridge - Water under the bridge @ MISP museum

& more.

Are there new artists you’d like to bring into your Space in the first six months? What is your relationship to them?

We hold an open call among all interested artists, analyze the quality of work and select several to participate in the experiment of interaction between humans and artificial intelligence in order to create a collection of 10,000 characters of extraterrestrial beings

We attract digital artists with no experience in integration and promotion in crypto art, in order to help them expand the boundaries and depths of professional activity and artistic practice

In June

1. Open call – till 8 of May
  2. Curators research – till 20 May
  3. Artists and AI collaboration – till 20 June
  4. Official release – till 30 June

Artists – 50%
Team – 50%

Secondary sales:

Artist – 10%
Collector – 90%

World are just steps away from the digital revolution, where NFT`s take fundamental role. Web3 is gaining momentum, the best minds in the world are focused on everyday improvements and we go along with them. we hope the metaverses will be filled with love, kindness, joy and peace.

Apple celery smoothie. We love freshness.