|Sponsor(s)||Sim_Pop, SerenaTabacchi, Cooopahtroopa, derekedws, NTmoney, VanArman|
|Temperature Check Poll||Discord|
This proposal offers a minimum “SuperRare Improvement Proposal” framework to enable community governance over decisions affecting the SuperRare DAO. This updated framework empowers the SuperRare community to make changes to the network in a transparent and efficient manner.
What are the SIP Procedures? These SIP Procedures are the official mechanism to create community discourse and steer Council decision making regarding the SuperRare DAO.
What is a SIP? A SuperRare Improvement Proposal (“SIP”) is a document describing a potential improvement to SuperRare for the network’s consideration.
What Can Be Proposed in a SIP? There is theoretically no limit to a SIP, but here are some examples:
- A proposal to establish incentives using tokens from the SuperRare DAO Treasury.
- A proposal to change a curation parameter or governance method.
- A proposal to hire services providers to help develop, decentralize, or otherwise enhance the SuperRare DAO.
- A proposal to change the number of Spaces that can be whitelisted in each Space Race
- A proposal to add, remove or replace one or more Council member(s) or SuperRare Space(s)
How Does a SIP go up for a $RARE Token Holder Vote? All proposals that follow the SIP Procedures, have high engagement, and that receive a formal endorsement from at least one Council member are eligible to be voted in and implemented through $RARE governance.
The proposed SIP Procedures follow a
four-stage workflow to ensure that high quality proposals with significant support are heard and implemented. This system is designed to strike an effective balance between pure community self-governance and transparent, decisive Council decision making.
I. Temperature Check
Before a proposal can be voted on, it must survive a community “Temperature Check.” Soft signalling methods are deployed within governance forums to discover the highest quality proposals with the most community support.
Temperature Check Requirements
- The draft Proposal must be formatted based on the SIP Template at the bottom of this proposal.
- Once your proposal is out, internal moderators at SuperRare Labs will review. If the proposal has been sufficiently drafted, a moderator will post it to the SuperRare Discord, under the #| temp_check channel. Here, the community will give a thumbs up or down to your proposal as is, with supporting discussion taking place in # | dao_chat.
- The Proposal must be actively discussed for a minimum of five days.
- The Author must meaningfully consider and respond to any reasonable feedback, questions, or suggestions from the community.
II. Proposal Intake and Optimization
To incentivize direct collaboration between individual Council members and other community members, all Proposals must be formally and publicly sponsored by at least one Council member in order to go up for a final $RARE token holder vote. Council members who submit Proposals must receive a sponsorship from a different Council member.
The intake process begins when one or more Council member(s) publicly sponsor a Proposal after a Temperature Check.
- The Proposal is assigned a number
- The Proposal is assigned an estimated Consensus date
- The Proposal is posted by the Sponsor in the #governance Discord channel as a Request for Comment.
Any big idea requires detailed analysis and discussion before it can be implemented. Sponsored proposals that prove to be of great community interest during the Temperature Check are further debated, discussed, and optimized before being put forth for a $RARE token holder vote.
- Community members (including Council members) scrutinize and discuss the feasibility and implementation details of the Proposal during a community comment period established by the Council.
- The Proposal Author must respond to questions, feedback, and suggested revisions offered during the comment period.
- The Proposal Author must deliver a final Proposal with an explanation for any edits made to the original draft.
- The Proposal must satisfy all feasibility and logistical requirements or conditions established by the Council
Any Proposal arriving at the Consensus stage must have undergone community optimization, addressed all Council and community concerns, and be in final condition to be voted on by $RARE token holders. The Council Sponsor(s) will create a simple “YES” or “NO” vote on Snapshot for the final Proposal.
Voting Requirement: 51% Majority Vote “YES” to pass
Quorum Requirement: 5,000,000 $RARE
Minimum Voting Period: 7 Days
When a Proposal passes a community vote, the Council shall work directly with the Author to execute the Proposal. During implementation the author and sponsor will post updates in the forum and share details on the forum once fully executed.
VI. Emergency Proposals
The Council has virtually unlimited discretion to bypass ordinary governance or SIP procedures to implement emergency proposals and actions necessary to preserve the safety or security of the SuperRare network, its users, or the DAO’s assets. Examples of emergencies include but are not limited to security breaches, violations of core principles, network attacks, etc.
What belongs in an SIP? A successful SIP should have:
- Title - Simple and informative title. Suggested word limit - 10
- Preamble - Headers should include; Author, Status, Type, Implementor, Sponsor(s), Link to Temperature Check Poll, Created Date. Suggested word limit - As Needed
- Summary - A short 2-3 sentence description of the SIP. Suggested word limit - 50
- Abstract - Detailed summary that touches on technical aspects and how the network will change. Suggested word limit - 250
- Motivation - Explain why this is being proposed and what the outcome of implementation will be. Suggested word limit - 100
- Specification - Describe full technical details of how this improvement will function and what will be effected. Suggested word limit - 1000
- Benefits - Explain what the explicit benefits of this proposed change are. Suggested word limit - 100
- Drawbacks - Analyze explicit and potential drawbacks of implementing this update. Suggested word limit - 100
- Outcomes - Explain how we will know whether the proposal was successful or not. Please provide specific metrics that will be tracked, the timeframe for those metrics and how you they will be made available to everyone in the community. Suggested word limit - 100